My first sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first sites

I have made some sites but i don't understand the instructions can anyone help? i need to know some basics can anyone help
    hello my name is angela plooster
    email is angela_plooster@sbcglobal.net

Re: My first sites

I suggest watching the tutorials?

Or do you have specific questions?

You are in the site review room - but we can't review unless you give us the site.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

it really isn't the sight its making the site thanks, I have instructions on how to but don't understand them can you help Bethers ty

Comment

Open folder "Ex. Automotive" then open folder "public_html"3.Using a text editor ex. Notepad open and edit the following files:
        Note: Besides replacing google_ad_client = "pub-"; You may optional want to replace or add "google_ad_channel ="";
        this is a zip file but what does folder public html is that the folder you open? plz help

Comment

Originally posted by acnerid45
          Open folder "Ex. Automotive" then open folder "public_html"3.Using a text editor ex. Notepad open and edit the following files:
          Note: Besides replacing google_ad_client = "pub-"; You may optional want to replace or add "google_ad_channel ="";
          this is a zip file but what does folder public html is that the folder you open? plz help
          public_html is the directory or also called folder that you publish your files to, it can be found in the control panel, under file manager

BUT as Bethers says ... you are in the wrong thread for help ... please ask your question in the appropriate part of the forum .... you will receive much more help there ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

You seem to be asking for how to add google ads to the site? Is this correct? I believe there are instructions for this in the google room on the forum.

The only way we can help is if you ask specific questions - and it helps if they are in the right area of the forum.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

You might also wish to update your Profile (located top-left corner of this Forum under "User CP") to include your name, Email address (in case someone offers to help you out individually), and update your Signature with the URL of "your site" so we can see how to best guide you......
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by acnerid45
                Ok, you seem to have bough one of the many ready made sites. these sites consist in a number of files, that have to be customized with your own details before they can be published. The only way to do this is by following the excact instructions that came in your package.

So, here is what you do:
                1. Create a folder on your computer, call it f.e. "My site" and extract the zip files in this folder. This will have as result that you will have in this folder a number of html (or htm) files.
                2. Following the instructions of your supplier, edit the files. This is usually done in Notepad, as you already mentioned. To acheive this, go in Computer resources, find your folder (My site), select the file you need to edit, then rig***lick and select "Open with" then select Notepad from the list of programs that will appear. As soon as you do that, the file code will appear in your Notepad. Make the necessary changes, and then save the edited file.
                3. When you are finished editing all the necessary files, you need to upload the files on your site. You must first have a site, so if you haven't yet signed up with VH, signup for a new account. When your account is active /usually after 24 - 48 hrs), you must use FTP or File Manager and upload all the files from your "My site" folder, in the "public_html" folder of your site.
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                X