Opinions Wanted Before Going Further

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Opinions Wanted Before Going Further

The colors of the first "Sample" are more comfortable....cooler but with earthen warmth, very soothing and "home-oriented" which is a good thing for this site, right?
    I agree with Beth about lightening up the size of your header, and to resist the temptation to "hook" with so many slogans and promotional bursts so quickly. A simple logo in a reduced size header might appear more inviting to visitors, since you have obviously created the "charm" to capitalize upon.

Similar to the header issue might be a suggestion to sightly widen your site to at least 750-775, which would allow you to present more of everything in a much more even "flow" rather than punch viewers down the screen. it would also allieviate the "crunch" of your navigation: the comments on colors, size, fonts, etc. all indicate that they are too prominent and distracting as they are now, all piled up and encroaching your beloved site! If it were me, I'd make them both smaller and more subdued...people will always find them when they need them (God help us if they aren't there as expected, right? LOL), so having what some consider an "exhaustive" Menu is rather proper, but deem a smaller imprint overall....

George (Chocco) brings up a good point about your images, and whether or not they compliment or blend in too well. You might consider adding the element of "layering' to your pages to provide a natural visiual "clue/break" as well as provide an area for both emphasis and appropriate contrast: within your 'frame' you could have a white (or much lighter toned) box/shape along the bottom to place your "icons" in -- the treasure chest and your guy -- since that is the most likely place visitors will decide where to navigate next, and this offers them the "soft" invitation to drill in further....this way, your Content (be it text and/or images) will have the opportunity to create the desired result and to perform as normally presented.

It seems that nowadays, from corporate sites to purely shopping sites, brevity and visual continuity is the proven standard that all are conforming to......either the web populace is becoming lazier, or more demanding, depending on which side of the monitor your sitting on. Your site is a stunning example of maintaining perfect balance between creative personalized expression and conforming business acumen.

Your concept is profoundly articulated, and I cannot see anything to hold you back from success, as you bring your sincerity and charm to your site demonstrably well. I look forward to your decisions and your finalized version with great anticipation!

And on you go....

(For the record, all of the above - as always - is in my long-winded personal opinion. PS> I came out of my self-imposed restriction of critiquing sites in hopes that you would appreciate another perspective.)
    PPS: seochat.com is but one person's opinion site....there are MANY others out there that enjoy global respect...... "Learn From A Lot To Know More Than Just One Answer"
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I like both.. Although the second one looks *****er and more aggrassive and I like that.

If I was doing this I would change the slogans with clearer messages such as we buy, sell...... and the rest.

If you feel that navigation buttons are a bit too much, then you prolly could just use text links and add a shopping directory feel to it.

More importantly, I clicked on 'Rare Items' and I didn't see my picture.. Now that is a problem..lol.

Comment

Hi, I think the site is progressing well! I have an idea for your navigation though. I can see already that in the future you may end up with many, many different categories of items. Where you list Clothing, Jewelry, Headware, and on one previous example page there was Electronics. One way to better plan for this is use ....I can't be certain I'm correct on this...cascading menus or simply this concept to better explain myself:

A Navbar horizontal: use links for overall site pages that provide key information and points of contact that users will definitely want to find either first or whenever they are ready.

Example-- Home - Just In - Consignments - About Us - Contact

Now for the idea I was talking about:(
        --Set up sort of a "Browse our Product Catalog by selecting a category below:"
        -Clothing
        -Mens
        +(subcategory)
        +Womens
        +Jewelry & Acessories
        -Electronics
        -Computers
        -Desktops
        -Laptops
        -Hardware
        -Monitors
        etc... You get the idea.. anyway, I think the reason this idea came to mind was a post about search optimization. A menu like that not only helps the site user to target their desired page on your site(if available) but it also helps (well, it would help me..)to come up with designs for the site and all its pages with confidence. Whoa, brain is wooshin'! Thought I'd share this with ya as food for thought.
        OH YEAH!!--one more thing...I know everyone loves the colors and all, but the bluevoda button kinda sticks out IMO. Maybe if you un*****en the texture ever so slightly and nudge the contrast a hair it might look great. But then again, I may need a new monitor. HAHAHA.

Good luck!!

Robert

Your Visual Revolution Solution
        Robert
        www.GraphXntrix.com

Comment

me personally i like the first it suits well very relaxing the other kinda looks cluttered but it does look good as well so i say sample 1.
          "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Need to clarify this:
            ----------------------
            "OH YEAH!!--one more thing...I know everyone loves the colors and all, but the bluevoda button kinda sticks out IMO. Maybe if you un*****en the texture ever so slightly and nudge the contrast a hair it might look great. But then again, I may need a new monitor. HAHAHA."
            ----------------------

I'm referring to the page background, not the BV button. HEHE, wouldn't wannt to do that!
            Robert
            www.GraphXntrix.com

Comment

Working...
            X