• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philipc9635
    Lieutenant Colonel

• Jul 2006

Ready for second review and S.E.O help.

Hi everyone

I've finally completed all the pages I initially had listed. I'll add a lot more in time. Could you please review my site and give honest criticism and let me know if there's any glaring mistakes.

If anyone can have a look at the Keyword side of things for S.E.O that would be great. (I think I'm getting the hang of it.)

Thanks to all those that have helped me up to date.
    Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.
  • bill2006
    Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Re: Ready for second review and S.E.O help.

Lot of work.
    -Perhaps there are a bit too many highlighted words. Selecting less to emphasize may help key pointers stand out more. Alternatively use a few bold
    -Consider changing background color from light blue to a light green/tan. More in line with golf courses.

Good luck.
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• Bethers
      Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

I agree with Bill - but I'd get rid of the highlighting you did entirely. But if you keep it - focus on the words like he said. I think using bold is better. Welcome, for an example, has no reason to be highlighted or bold. If I was to keep your first paragraph - here's how I'd emphasize:

Welcome to Golf Training Central, a site designed especially for beginners that allows everyone to take the journey on lowering their handicap together. Our aim is to achieve a repeating golf swing that keeps us on the fairway.

This allows someone to skim the paragraph and sitll know everything you said. You are guiding their eyes and doing so with what you are all about.

As to SEO - the title on the home page is good - but if it fits, you could try making it
      "Golf Training | Golf Tips for beginners from Golf Training Central"

I got rid of the word and - se's don't need it and neither do people and added your name to the end.

You need to add an element above the first paragraph of the page with a headline (just like newspapers have for each story) - this is best done by using h1 tags, which means using the html box - a good headline for you would be pretty much the same as your title without your name - or you could turn it around like this
      "Beginner's Golf Tips | Training"
      To put this in an html with h1 tags - copy the following into the html box:
      <center><h1><font size="4">Beginner's Golf Tips | Training</font></h1></center>

If you want that to be a different color or size text or different font, that can be done in there also - just ask.

I glanced through the keywords. If they are all on the page they will work. However, you don't need to repeat anything in the meta keywords - therefore, if you put golf in - you don't need to repeat it in the phrases. But I wouldn't worry about it - you didn't spam it and are using words/phrases on the page.

If you can link to any of your internal pages with key words on the page, please do so.

I also suggest you add your name as I did for the title on the home page - on all the interior pages. Then take the headlines you made for the pages - and put them in h1 tags as I showed you for the home page.

And don't underline anything that isn't a link.

You've got a great site - and with tweaking you can only make it better.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

• philipc9635
        Lieutenant Colonel

• Jul 2006

Thanks Bill and Beth

I'm going to remove the highlighted words and use the bolds as you suggested.

Beth as you suggested I will place a headline at the top of each page. I assume you mean above the text box and under the header in an html box or do I add it in the html under page properties? Also I will probably change the Font to 10 if it's not to big.

I followed your previous threads and all the keywords are on the page and not repeated in other pages. I'll make them links to internal pages as well and get rid of them underlines also.

Hey thanks for your great help it's really appreciated.( I think you guys are probably tucked away in bed at the moment but you'll see this in the morning)

Comment

• philipc9635
          Lieutenant Colonel

• Jul 2006

Just quickly

I've made a few quick changes to the home page, Is this what you mean?

Thanks

Comment

• Bethers

• Feb 2006

Yes, very good.

Let me suggest that you click to align your text and see what you think - I believe it will give you a more polished look - you have text right aligned - click where it shows it aligned to both sides (called justified) - it's what newspapers and books use - and I think is the most professional looking.

That said, sometimes if you have some goofy long words, you need to look and change words to make it work or not use it - so test it out and see how it works for you.

And I'd still like to see you add your name into the titles as mentioned in my other post.
            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

• philipc9635
              Lieutenant Colonel

• Jul 2006

Thanks Beth

I had the header created by Jeremy at BWServices. I dont have photoshop so I don't know how I can fix the text up to add the name otherwise I would.

But your a very good teacher and I really appreciate your help.

Thanks again

Comment

• pizzatrish
                Corporal

• Oct 2006

What A Great Website!!
                I Finally Understand The Golf Swing
                Pics Are Great And Easy To Understand
                Imagine If They Were Videos Instead
                The Only Thing , The Colors Are Hideous
                Excellent Job Considering The Difficulty!!

Comment

• bill2006
                  Lieutenant General

• May 2006

The changes do make your site look better and more professional. However, you added the fade in/out effect which is distracting and may give dial-ups a dose of impatience.
                  Also, the Swing Plane 2 opens in a new window.
                  Bill
                  www.blueearthtea.com
                  www.ftaaconsulting.com
                  www.iaval.com
                  www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• Bethers

• Feb 2006

Phil, The header looks great and I never said a word about changing that - I said you need to change your page titles - which you can do easily. Just right click on the page you're working on - and change the title.

The page does look good justified.
                    Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                    SEO - The Basics

Comment

• philipc9635
                      Lieutenant Colonel

• Jul 2006

Thanks everyone

Okay I'm with it now Beth, I'll start work on all the pages now I understand. I'll have a look at that fade in effect and change that as well.

I'm going to leave the colours for now and maybe change them in the future. But thanks all for your honest replies.

Comment

• Bethers

• Feb 2006

About the fade in - I use it on two of my stores - and it was no different downloading time for people on dialup with or without it. So, if you like it, feel free to continue to use it.

And believe me - I was on dialup at about the slowest connection you could get this past summer - I would not have had my own stores using anything that made it take longer to check them out :)
                        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

• philipc9635
                          Lieutenant Colonel

• Jul 2006

Thanks Beth, your help is extremely appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                          X