Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New website created for an association! (read on)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New website created for an association! (read on)

Okay, I was asked by an organization to create a website for them. Their current homepage is http://www.orrita.com And I am going to propose something like this... (of course, with content) here I would also like to say, vodahost, you are about to become a lot more popular, because this is a large organization. :)

Re: New website created for an association! (read on)

Good luck,
    -Watch the order of the Navbar, in most cases "contact" is that last one. Go from Home and work down in order of importance to the "user"
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

It will be important to pay attention to details precisely to please this professional organization....and your rough layout has potential.

Lighten up the colors (let the pictures and the content tell the story, not the "hot" and "ashen" tints here) to soften the flow, the lines......human eyes follow predicatble tracking points and are critical to the obvious "visual appeal/comfort" but more importantly the comprehension.

Interesting their name is Rogue and they are still hosted at ROGUE.NET!!

Seconding Bill's wishes of Good Luck!
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Good luck with this. I think you need to add images and liven it up a bit before we can judge it against the previous. At the moment the previous looks better
        www.glidingcomp.com

Comment

I shall add some lorum ipsum text, and a few pics on the home page. (soon) Will post once I do it. lol.

Comment

I did it... How do you like it with text? Good? Bad? What do you think?

Comment

The background color is too dark and makes the page difficult to read and somewhat foreboding. I agree with the above that at the moment the original looks better. But you have a ways to go and I know this will be better as you move along.

Your navigation buttons aren't centered in the area you created for them. And I don't think the buttons you chose fit the page you're building.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Yes, I realise the thing about the navigation buttons, but my intention is to have a small circle, or bullet next to the button that is the page you are on. Sound good?

Comment

Pemdas - you would be better off creating your own nav button with that within it - than using one that doesn't quite match your page and putting the image next to it. There's a great tutorial on here (by navaldesign) on how to create your own navigation buttons.

Here's a link to it directly: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...s-nav-bar.html

This site, as you say is for a large organization - it's very important that you give them a polished, professional site.
                  Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

Yes, I know how to do all of that. I just don't know if thats how I want to do it. I think that I want a different picture for
                    1.)Not selected, or on that page
                    2.)Selected (mouse hovering)
                    3.)On that page.

I kind of like the images that I chose, and I shall find out if it is what they like soon. I am having a meeting with them very soon (they aren't expecting me to have anything created as an example yet) and I will see just exactly what they want the site to do. It is, as you all probably know by now, RITA which is composed of two counties' (not to be confused with countries) training association. RITA (Rogue Interagency Training Association)

Comment

OKay, all buttons are updated... what do you think?

Comment

Don't see anything different about the home page - colors are still dark and foreboding making the text hard to read - has the same nav buttons which don't give it a professional feel - page doesn't look different to me?
                        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

I can't read the text either, even with bifocals! Even if it is latin. The colors are dark, however, it is a nice layout. Im not sure what effect you are trying to accomplish with the buttons thing, but they do look out of place! I think even with larger text it would still be hard to read unless you went to white which.. just doesnt fit a corp, imho. Black and white still tend to be the most preferred for that type of web presence. I suggest lightening of the colors at the minimum or switching the colors around so that the red doesnt hold the content.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                          02036089024 / United Kingdom
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

the new thing with the nav bars is that there is an image next to the page that you are viewing.

Comment

To be perfectly honest with you old chap, I think the original site was ok in the first place. With your current format your going to end up with something thats as good but not better. I think you need a fresh approach, have you seen the voda templates there's some really nice sites with animation and they arent that expensive, you'd still need to do the work for them setting it up and your customer would have a really cool site.
                              www.glidingcomp.com

Comment

Working...
                              X