Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would like some feedback on my first website.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would like some feedback on my first website.

Hello Everybody..
    Well after many hours of one finger typing I have produced my first draft for my website.
    I would really appreciate any help or feedback that is available just to see if you all think I am going down the right lines.The items that I sell are not the most sexy or beautiful things but I suppose they do a job and trying to make them more appealing is quite hard.
    I will be adding a shopping cart to this site but have not got the blood pumping round my 2 typing fingers yet but it will follow.
    Thanks For Taking The Time To Look.
    Kindest Regards
    Stuart
    www.affordableboilers.com
    Commercial & Domestic Boilers at affordable prices!

Re: Would like some feedback on my first website.

Well done Stuart,
    -you are going to hear this from several colleagues: center your pages and if possible set page width to 800. Right click page properties and check the box.
    -the Navbar is very appropriate, mechanical, looks good.
    -work on your page titles (page properties), there are several mispellings and words running into each other.
    -no "Home" button on http://www.affordableboilers.com/accessories.html, don't expect everyone to use the browser's back button.
    -flex your fingers, you're almost there.

Good luck !
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Thanks Bill.
      I am not sure what you mean about the page titles, each page is titled and saved as a name (usually a boiler manufacturer name) in my public folder. Do I also need to call the pages something else in the page properties (Right click) section as well ?
      Sorry this is probably a bit of a silly question.
      Also Bill do I need to change the page size to 800 on every page and republish them all.
      Thanks for your continued help.
      Stuart

Comment

Stuart
        -Home-Boilers are titled 'index'
        -The boiler name pages are ok except for words running into each other, i.e. heatraesadiapage
        -only change the pages where you have scroll and those that are not centered in browser.
        Use right click for all of the above.
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

i concure with bill but looks good so far with a little bit of tweaking.
          "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Working...
          X