Ready for second viewing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready for second viewing

Here it is. Ready for second viewing. I took Bill's advice and fixed the nav. buttons.
    Hope, everything works properly.
    Can anyone give me some pointers on how to do the bookmarks?
    I was trying to send my customers from the page of product to the description of the minerals but to a specific mineral not the whole page. I ceated the links but it goes to the beggining of the Stone Magic page.
    Any sugestions?
    Thanks
    Dora
    http://beadswithatwist.com

Re: Ready for second viewing

I don't like how all of the text seems to move when I open a new page... Like if I go to another page from the index, "Beads with a Twist" changes position. Also, the background pic at the top resizes. Just minor things that could be changed to make it look professional. And your images for navigation... I think that you should go into something as simple as paint, and make the outsides of it transparent, or even just crop it using something like oh I don't know um... Photoshop would work. :) Overall, I think that your site has potential, and with a few tweaks, it could look a lot better.

How to do the bookmarks...? What do you mean? Have a click here to bookmark this page? Oh, to send the person to the specific spot, you need some coding like this <-- Begin (mineral) and then to call it, you need to have the adress followed by #(mineral) Hope that helps! :) Just write again if you need more help. :) Have fun.

Comment

Dora,

For a professional sales site, your header is too big. Your statement of Jewelry by whomever, doesnt mean a thing, as its not a household item yet, so it needs to be followed by picutres of product and anchoring text. Your statement is also too big and takes up the majority of your page. Its a good lead in, it just needs something to back it up. You have approximately 2 seconds to captivate an audience on the net in sales. If you dont they are gone. Im not trying to be hard on you, just giving you the facts. Unless someone is familiar with you and your work, or you designers work, they arent going to click further. You need the anchoring text and images to also help you get SE traffic! Google loves content and you didnt give it anything to bite! You need a sales pitch and strategy that is both for your buyer and the SE to encourage them to delve further into your site and see what you have to offer.

Designer beaded jewelry yielded 5,000,000,000 + search results. You have alot more work to do if you want a piece of that pie.
      You need:
      1.) Images above the fold linking to product and use alt tags
      2.) Good keyworded text and illustrations urging suggestions for buying, get the customer involved, tell the customer how they benefit from buying or wearing your product! How are your designs unique!
      3.) Footer links to all your pages using good keywords as pointers
      4.) payment methods displayed prominently, privacy policy displayed prominently
      5.)Use of titles and H1 tags, H2 tags within your text and they can even link to product! This also focus' attention on how they can scan your page just like a newspaper and tell what your store is about and what it has to offer.

I would reconsider the purple background to display your jewelry. The idea is to show the jewelry and the background is distracting. Which do you want them to notice most? What you sell or what you design?

That should get you started going in the right direction! If you have questions, I'll be glad to clarify and help you along as I can!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi,
        Thank you for checking my page and your comments.
        I didn't know how to fix the "jumping text" problem but I think I just have an idea. I will just "copy and paste" from my index page to the following pages. Thanks for the imput on nav buttons. I will try to make them transparent.
        I think, I would need some more help with "bookmark" or whatever we call it. I dont know where to put the coding. When Im building the link, the window pops out in which i put the address for the page, but it takes me to the beginning of the page. I would like the specific spot on that page.
        Thanks again
        Dora

Comment

Karen,
          Thank you soooooo much for your comments. I did not realize how important the "index" is!!!
          I looked at your site and read all your comments. BIG job in front of me. This is just the beginning.
          Thanks,
          Dora

Comment

Dora, when you have the basics that are going to be on all the pages, make a "template" page with them - you can clone the home page when it's ready and take out all the information that would only be on the home page. Then, every time you start making another page, call up your "template" - make the new page, click save as - name it the new pages, name - the call back up the template again for the next one.

Karen gave you excellent advice. With the excellent alt info BV provides on the nav buttons, a footer isn't as important as on most sites - but the rest is vital. You are in a very competitive market.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

I didnt realize that bv produced the alt text that the search engines could follow, but competing in the market shes in Id use it anyway. If a customer doesnt want to scroll up to the menu from the bottom of the page its there, and 2, it helps add keyword density that shes going to need. It may not be critical, but it couldnt hurt!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Dora

Is this the code you want?

1) To link to the target point from within the same page, use this format:

<a href="#target">Link Text</a>

2) To link to the target point from a different page, use this format:

<a href="http://www.domain.com/page.html#target">Link Text</a>

Target would be whatever the text you want to link to IE: #Mineral etc

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Karen, Beth,
                  thank you for all advice. You guys are great.
                  As to my index page, I didn't know how important it was. When I search Internet, I look at the product first. Then when I'm interested, I go back to read about it......."Template" idea - I will make it.
                  Karen - I will try to build the footer. Thank you. And thanks for the code.
                  Dora
                  http://www.beadswithatwist.com

Comment

site looks good but as they have mentioned the top header is way to large try resizing your header to 779 x 150 that is the most common size for the banner or header if you have pixresizer from BV you can change the size with that. then remove the top header and replace with the new size.
                    "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Wow - bright colors, not sure if they go with the style jewelry or not. Heading is rather large but keep up the hard work - and remember I am only beginning myself. I hope the site does well for you.
                      Chaps

www.chaplainsmith.com

Comment

Working...
                      X