Here is one of my websites..please review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is one of my websites..please review

Here is a website that I am working on. Any feedback or suggestions?

It does have a video that links to YouTube in the preview section. I am working on trying to get that to just open as a file so the viewer can either open or save.

Yites, this is hard. Sitting on my hands awaiting for opinions.

www.lastingpresentations.com
    Digital Visual Memories
    Lasting Presentations
    MomsWeek

Re: Here is one of my websites..please review

Your home page is looking good.

I suggest you find a different nav button - or make one that fits your theme better. And add a little space after the last sentence so your page doesn't feel like there's more after the last sentence but it can't be seen.

Your page title is too long - needs to be shortened and needs to get rid of extraneous words - right now it runs under "Windows Internet Explorer" - it should also START with words people are searching for you with - that explains who/what you are/do - then, if there's space, keep your name at the end.

And I suggest you center the page, also.

Personally, I don't know utube and won't go there to see your samples. I'd rather you find a way to host them on your site. There will be others who won't also. So I hope you find the way to host them as you state.

When you tell people to please contact us - why not make the words contact us a link directly to the page instead of them having to go find the navigation? Always make it as easy as possible for people to get where they want.

I also suggest you make a footer with your name, address and phone number. BTW, you don't have a phone number on your contact us page - it would make me leery of whether this is really a marketing business - as that's a type of business I would call to talk to someone about what I need to do. You also don't give an email address. Again, remember, you need to have all the choices for everyone - some (like me) will only fill out forms like that on sites I trust or for support issues on sites. I'd rather email where I have my copy of everything I sent. Or call, as stated before.

You've got a great looking site - needs some tweaking.

Good luck.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Agree with Bethers about adding a footer and the nav button need improving, but apart from that its shaping up really well. I link with you tube see my movies section under the photo link. You can also use the u-tube code to past the movie on your site using the html box (although i havent quite mastered it yet) i think alternatively use the media player icon to put your movie clip in
      www.glidingcomp.com

Comment

Thank you Beth and Mrcirrus. I appreciate the great feedback. I am working on it right now.
        Beth, I guess the reason I didn't put in my phone and email was because I read in some previous post about some having trouble with email spoofing and such. Just paranoid.

dee
        Digital Visual Memories
        Lasting Presentations
        MomsWeek

Comment

If you want to have a business online or offline, you have to deal with the spam, etc that is involved in it. If you are paranoid, get a phone line just for the business. But if you were looking for someone who does what you do, wouldn't you want to be able to call them?
          Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Beth,
            You mentioned centering my pages.

I went to page properties, under general tab, and checked the box "center in browser".

I published the preview page but it does not center on my browser.

Am I missing something on doing this correctly?

Thanks,
            dee
            Digital Visual Memories
            Lasting Presentations
            MomsWeek

Comment

Dee, Your page width is set to over 1500, change it to 800 and center, then save and publish again.
              Bill
              www.blueearthtea.com
              www.ftaaconsulting.com
              www.iaval.com
              www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

I cant actually view your website.. It keeps coming up as "page cannot be displayed".

Comment

I just viewed your site.. looks neat and professional.. a couple of observations, the text near the disc image 'affordable, effective...." perhaps needs centering or rearranging.. it just looks a little out of focus for me.. Also, tried your contact form, it good, but I was wondering if you have an auto responder because I didn't get any email confirmation.

Comment

Okay,

Fixed it up. www.lastingpresentations.com

Changed text by the disc
                    Added auto responder
                    changed page width and centered
                    added email, phone, footer
                    took off You tube
                    changed page title
                    added space under last sentence
                    added contact us links
                    not sure why "page won't display"

Whew, thank you all for your help. It's always a learning experience and the support here from everyone is terrific and greatly appreciated!

Dee
                    Digital Visual Memories
                    Lasting Presentations
                    MomsWeek

Comment

Nice site. What program did you use to do your header? One point: make your email address a hot one at the bottom of your page.
                      www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

Your site looks great now. Lots of work paid off. Just one thing...your page titles are not what they should be. They are too long really and tell more than what theyshould like what your page is about. No more no less, my opinion nothing more. Good luck with the site, hope it serves you well.
                        Choco777
                        www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

I tested your email form and it worked fine - but you have a message on the page after with a typo: without loosing should be without losing.

Everthing is looking good - you've done a great job.
                          Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Oops! Fixed the typo and page titles. Thanks again to everyone for the great feedback!

On my header, I just used a part of a voda template, resized it and then added my own text.

dee
                            Digital Visual Memories
                            Lasting Presentations
                            MomsWeek

Comment

Working...
                            X