Take a look please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take a look please

I have made some changes and would like your opinion. Send me an email. Test my links.
    www.hawaiionyourown.com

Re: Take a look please

Tried to send email but got error message that the email text area could not contain @ character, soooo? Links work, need to center pages all except home. Your pix need resizing or ?, they are stretched toooooo much. If you must, try alternating by stretching with the corner then the side or bottom to try to keep from distorting image. The images on the " preview" extend too far to the right, off the page so to speak. Like the new header and the "hula" girl is a nice addition (aren't they always?). Doing a great job. Think I'd stay longer on site now.
    Choco777
    www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

I want everyone to know that Bether help me rewrite the text on the home page.
      www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

Originally posted by choco777
        Tried to send email but got error message that the email text area could not contain @ character, soooo? Links work, need to center pages all except home. Your pix need resizing or ?, they are stretched toooooo much. If you must, try alternating by stretching with the corner then the side or bottom to try to keep from distorting image. The images on the " preview" extend too far to the right, off the page so to speak. Like the new header and the "hula" girl is a nice addition (aren't they always?). Doing a great job. Think I'd stay longer on site now.
        The email wants you to type "at" instead of @. I hope everyone understands. I didn't at first. I centered all my pages and set them at 800. They just don't stay there and there is nothing that is past the 800. I don't know how to keep it at 800. You must have great eyes. I thought I had stretched the photos evenly but I will go back. One thing is I size the first one and the others have to fit that size no matter what. Thank you so much for your input.
        www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

Do you check the " view" everytime you before closing the page and do you "lock" it? I'm not ure but I don't believe that the contents can shift if locked. I mean it is a machine doing as it is told. Try to remember...view, lock, save and pub....it becomes a habit after awhile. The pic are really obvious it isn't due to eyesight.
          Choco777
          www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

The email field will never get filled out correctly if people can't enter the email address with the @ symbol. Why won't this allow that? We'll have to change that.

I'll be looking at your meta later - sorry - have mega headache today and am getting next to nothing done.

On the pictures, if they all have to fit the same size - you might have to resize them using borders to make them not distort - you need to always resize locking the aspect ratio to avoid distortion.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

okay, take a look now. I made the picture block smaller. It seems to have helped a lot. Let me know what you think.
              www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

this is what i got

The field Email cannot contain the @ character !
                Back to the form
                The following Error(s) have occured !
                "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

well just sent another email the at worked but you might want ot let people know on that page to add "at" instead of @ and give an example like "johndoeatyoursite.com" instead of "johndoe@yoursite.com"
                  "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Nice work Scuba,
                    -colors are very appropriate.
                    -several pages seem to pull towards the left.
                    -the images in the Preview page seem to overlap the text.
                    -consider a "Home" button on every page and clicking on the header (not all pages) sends users to the contact page.

Good luck.
                    Bill
                    www.blueearthtea.com
                    www.ftaaconsulting.com
                    www.iaval.com
                    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Scuba,
                      I not saying it is not just me, it very well maybe, but the images are still not aligned. No matter how I configured my computer the images overlapped the text on
                      " Insiders Guide " and the background for the text is not extended enough, the text floats over just water background, also if it were me I'd use a white background to blend the image masking and either frame or mask all images not just the one. You have the steps and Diamond Head and ala moana (?) beach is several shots, why in the banner rotator also? The Botanical garden image was hard to make out what it was except for green and yellow. I think you still need to work on your photos, they are nice, but deserve to be seen in a more flattering light. I like your site and your idea and none of this is mean spirited just stating opinions and hope to bring attention to something you may have overlooked. I know it will work out, it just needs tweaking, that's the hard part. Also heed Bill's sage advise.
                      Choco777
                      www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

I can't seem to get the pictures to stay in place in preview. I've tried locking them but then the text moves out of its 800. I start everything in a 800 window but they never stay there. That's why some of the pages look pushed to the left. I'm trying to keep the pages to 800.
                        www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

You can't keep it within 800 on that page, because you have items outside of 800 - you can only have the page at 800 if everything you put on the page is within that distance. If you want to stay within 800 - you can't put the dancing girl next to your header - makes the page automatically over 800. And you need to redo text and the picture in the page itself so that it isn't outside the parameters also.
                          Beth
                          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                          SEO - The Basics

Comment

I hate to be a spoil sport, but I think that water background is taking away from the rest of your site and pages and I think its also distracting, so that i have a hard time focusing on the content of your site. The beiges are very pretty and appealing and I think I would stick in that line of beiges and sands or peachy colors for the background.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                            02036089024 / United Kingdom
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I am so appreciative of all the feedback here. It is very helpful. You have all made me rethink about what I want the website to represent to the Internet community. I will definitely be making some changes.
                              www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

Working...
                              X