Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First attempt-Please don't laugh to loud!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First attempt-Please don't laugh to loud!

Hi Ya'll, My name is Choke.

This is my first attempt at this web site building stuff, so please don't laugh too loud. Got my site published www.chucksdecks-carpentry.com
    but can't for the life of me figure how to get the pages to work when I click on the buttons. It gives me the "Page can't be found" screen.
    I feel like I've done everything the tutorial has told me, but to no avail.

Please help me!
    I would appreciate any thoughts on improving my site also.

Thanks

chucksdecks1****.com

Re: First attempt-Please don't laugh to loud!

So far looks pretty good although the transitions are a bit hesitant some people likes transitions some don't myself i really don't care too much for transition effects to me it take a little longer to smoothly go to next page. if i click on something i want to go to that page quick. but i do like the colors and the layout. nice job on your first try.
    Jim
    "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Hi choke,

Nice looking site, well laid out and very readable.

With a little tweaking, you will have a very good site.

Tips:
      Your main header/banner is 1.3 mb.......thats to big for slower machines/networks.....reduce the size in No of bytes. (try pic resizer, its free)

Your photos could use the same treatment as some are quite large in terms of No of bytes also.

You have made a good start with you home page, so keep it up and

have fun
      Have fun
      Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
      Newbies / Beginners Forum
      FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
      My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
      Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Ditto David above.. The site is cool and looks great.. well laid out and easy to navigate.. The header is way to big and needs to be reduced.

Over all, good design and nice look. It should do well when it's completed.

Comment

Agree with David...and Ez Ze nothing to laugh about..just keep tweaking and watch for spelling errors. links that aren't working I suppose you are working on them and that is the reason, Nice combination of colors and textures, makes it very professional looking. Good luck.
          Choco777
          www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Thank Ya'll very much, I do really value your opinions.
            I tweeked it some in hopes of making it more user freindly, Please check it out.

www.chucksdecks-carpentry.com

Comment

your marquee can be slowed down a tad like half the speed it is now :)
              "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Nice site and nice work too ... you've done a good job ...

I think the images on your design page are adding to the load time of that page .... this is also a useful image optimizer link in addition to what David has suggested, it will give you several options to consider and will show you the amount of time saved with each adjustment to your images .....

http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/imageoptimizer/index.php

Good Luck!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I'm diggin' on all the feedback!
                  Thanks for all the suggestions, it is really appreciated. I especially like the quick responce time, you people are great.

Thanks again !

Comment

Hi Choke! Nice job. The only laughing going on is probably on your end, because your having so much fun!! I have just a few comments.

On your home page you have an image bordered and one that is not. I personally would either border both or none. Also the rotating image you have, it would be nice to see the completed job in there.
                    Also, I would drop the italic "a limited liability company" since you already have LLC in your header. In fact, I would probably drop the LLC entirely. I don't think anybody cares about that. Definitely slow down your marquee on the home page.

On your design page your last sentence, "went over big, maybe to big" sounds negative. To have a professional website where you want to attract customers, that would be a BIG neg for me. To big? Price wise? If I were you, I'd leave that comment out. I love your computer designs. Those look great. It would be nice to have the actual pictures of the home or a drawing of the home as it is now, to compare to. Also, your phone and city/state don't appear to be centered if that is what you are wanting.

On your pictures page, when you take a picture of a completed job, I would make sure it is totally complete. Light switch plate on, doors removed from picture, your area clean and neat. Just my opinion.

I am obviously being a little picky here, but as you know, the attention to even minor details is important.

Have fun!!
                    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

I agree with all the comments..
                      Well done it is a great site and very "Homely looking" with your choice of colours which I am sure will encourage pottential customers. I love the scrolling title (Can somebody tell me how to achieve this on my website) please.
                      Once again, well done Choke.
                      www.affordableboilers.com

Comment

Hi Choke,
                        What a great job you have done so far,your links seemed to work ok and nothing took that long to load,great stuff,keep it up.
                        regards
                        Jay
                        Jay
                        www.orlandomouseworld.com

Comment

I like your site. What's with the little red dot and green dot Dreamlady and Ladyeye?

Comment

Working...
                          X