My new website site is up for your disassembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My new website site is up for your disassembly

Vasili, I also like black used as you showed in those 2 examples and find that an excellent way to use black effectively and, as you said, with balance and distinction. Those examples show that perfectly.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

No Problem here, Bethers!
      (and, thanks for the compliments....I really wanted to show them only after completion)

I merely wanted the opportunity to remain open for an original vision to be refined rather than be shut down.......
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Wow!! I am surprised that all you folks really care about us vodahost first timers. I truly value all your opions and I am going to make those changes in the next few days. Thank You very much. Gaswizard

Comment

Gaswizard: You have done a beautiful job on your site. I love the old photos and the side bars. All of the comments above, I also agree with, especially the black and the font type you used. Just one more thing you may want to consider. I noticed that your slogan is, "Where attention to detail is never forgotten". I really like that and noticed it. What it does, then is clue me in to looking for details on your site. With a slogan like that your website also needs to show that same attention to detail. If I may point out as an example....your FAQ's. There is no detail there. I found the answers to be brief and to the point, which is fine, but I think personally would like to see a little more elaboration...especially when on your contact page you say to read the FAQ's before calling. Just something to consider. Otherwise a beautiful site and I look forward to seeing the tweaking you end up doing. Everyone has made some great suggestions here for you. Have fun!!
          Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Gee Gaswizard, a hornets nest and a minefield about black backgrounds. We will wait to see what you decide with bated breath.
            I would just like to combine what Julie said about blurry photos and what Dream Lady said about attention to detail. I also felt that the attention to detail applied to the products, but could not see any clear detailed close ups in some photos.
            I think what we are all saying is that we like your site, but Love your products. We would like you to succeed. I am glad that you aren't taking the criticisms personally, and are seeing them in the spirit that they are offered.
            Have fun.
            Royden

www.harrow-art.com
            www.harrow.co.za

Comment

Overall I like it, and although I tend to like the dark colours I am wondering if an overall sepia tone look to your website and background would lighten it up a bit, bringing a nice look to your photos too. I think the black is a tad dark, just in keeping with your theme of "lighting".

A more spacious nav bar with contrasting will give you the look you need for your navigation.

Just a little tweaking and I think you'll have it all "lit up".

Good Luck!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

i agree with all above your nav links are too small and compact and i wear
                glasses and too it looked like a small sentence. overall the site looks good, i have no problem with your colors, now i do have 1 thing that i wasn't fond of was the link to your video on main page i think you may want to go to the page that you have your video on and have it to play automatically, cause i expected it to play as soon as i clicked on the link on the main page.
                "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

hey gaswizard check this out it may shed some light :)

www.naghosthunters.com/gas.html

let me know when you see it so i can remove it.
                  jim
                  "Jim"

Comment

Originally posted by naghosthunter
                    hey gaswizard check this out it may shed some light :)

www.naghosthunters.com/gas.html

let me know when you see it so i can remove it.
                    jim
                    Wowowow, You did a fab job on the site redo for me. I was thinking about something along those lines about a new color and I have just found it. Thank You so much. Do not take it down yet. As soon as my son gets out of bed I will have him look at it as he is the person who built the main part of my site and he will want to see it. Thank You Jim!!!

Comment

no prob :)
                      "Jim"

Comment

I will keep it on until friday.
                        "Jim"

Comment

Jim, My son went over your ideas and he chose a non black color but it is still dark but not black. We up the font size on the tool bar and I am going to make changes to the font size for the rest of the wording. I do Thank You for making those ideas and he has taken a few of those and applied them to my website. Chow Paul

Comment

May I suggest that you make your email an active link? All the more better to contact you for a sale.
                            www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

I like it .... I believe you have captured the "antique" look ... nice job!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                              02036089024 / United Kingdom
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                              X