Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revamped, hope it looks better to all

Hi Guys!
    Got to reading a lot of what you suggested and decided to revamp my site a bit.
    I would appreciate another look and let me know if it's got any potential.

As always, your comments are always welcome.

www.chucksdecks-carpentry.com

Re: Revamped, hope it looks better to all

Hi Chuck

It's really nice, you've done a great job, love the wood grain nav buttons and along the side. The only thing I noticed was under your "Pictures" when you clicked on them they didn't open in a pop up fashion as the other pictures on your site, and when I clicked off of the picture I had left the site, so perhaps check the method you used for the rest and use the same there. Only one pic, the "Chick on the Bike", If you can, *****en the pic up a bit, it's just a tad out of focus ....

It looks really great, nice job!! Congrats!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Nice site. Great job on color selection. The only thing I did not like was the left border, the wood panel effect, other than that and what the EYE saw, it is nice. Good luck.
      Choco777
      www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Hey Choke...

nice work on the site. I saw the other thread and read through a few of the comments. It looks like you got some things fixed.

It seems to me you might want to set all of the pages to either be centered or off to the left. The "Design" page shifts to the center when I click on it. My personal preference is centered... mostly because I have a hi-res widescreen monitor. Looking over to the left feels a little strange. :) haha!

One thing you might want to do that'll clean it up a bit is adjust all of your pages (Home, Services, Design, etc.) to the exact same page size and the exact same placement of the background images and buttons.

Those little adjustments will just make reading through the site a little smoother. :)

I like the colors and the layout. It's coming along.
        George
        www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

Very nice site you have there George, anf thanks for the comments on mine. Just as an added note, I also was in a drum corp for a year-The Black Knights out of St. Louis, Mo. Maybe you heard of them, my Uncle was the drum major for a long time there.
          As for the comments, I'll get right on it.
          You might wantto look at your contact page, your form would not let me enter anything.

Comment

I like the background on the home page. I wouldn't make the header active. It's just irritating because all it does is reload the page. On the page with the carport with you and Bill(?) it is ol' Bill and me. The site looks good. Hester had some good points.
            www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

You do good work, jusy center the front page
              Sharon Chajin

Comment

Originally posted by choke
                Very nice site you have there George, anf thanks for the comments on mine. Just as an added note, I also was in a drum corp for a year-The Black Knights out of St. Louis, Mo. Maybe you heard of them, my Uncle was the drum major for a long time there.
                As for the comments, I'll get right on it.
                You might wantto look at your contact page, your form would not let me enter anything.
                Hey thanks for the note about my contact page. I did in fact ask the guy that helped me build it and I haven't quite figured out what the problem is.

All I can say is when I built my site, everything worked fine for me... but I used my Mozilla Firefox browser. Then Microsoft came out with IE 7 and I got on that and started using it... realized the form wasn't working properly. I found that you have to click close to the VERY edge on the left to get it to work... very touchy and weird. ??

I'm working on the problem and I appreciate you bringing that up. I haven't thought of that in a little while and this just helps show me that I really need to figure out how to fix that. :(

I'm glad to meet another drum corps friend on here. :)
                George
                www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

Hi Choke

You have great website there, but a bit slow to down load.

Thanks

abang_uda

Comment

I agree with all comments above the left border i dont care for either but rest looks much better.
                    "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Nice site. The only bit i didn't like was the border on the left as i think someone has mentioned before, otther than that though all looks good. Nice color choice etc
                      Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
                      FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

HUm - guess I'm different I like the left border - the one thing I find distracting is the marquee - you can make it scroll in then stop in the middle so it will stay in view
                        like the background and wood grain buttons whats with "georges babies' at bottom of ppictures page? also name your pages
                        ann
                        Ann
                        www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
                        www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
                        www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Working...
                        X