• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vonny
    Members

• May 2005

Updating my site

I have changed my site, and, hope its a more sophisticated look. Please let me know what you think? I now have a children's gallery and working on a different angle. Its not your regular art gallery. All the paintings are done freehand. I think I found a way to keep people from copying the paintings. I hope it works. If it does, I will be glad to share it with everyone. This will elliminate the watermarks needed to protect your paintings. Thank you, Von

• bill2006
    Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Re: Updating my site

Vonny,
    You have done a lot of work, but I am somewhat confused by too many elements and the font used for your header. Perhaps some changes would make it better.
    The brown background is taking away from your site.
    Also, because there are so many elements the fade in when changing pages really doesn't do it.

Good luck.
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• naghosthunter
      Lieutenant Colonel

• Aug 2006

I agree with bill i'm on cable with T-1 connection which is very fast, and it also took some time loading, granted even on my site if i had a lot of javascript or flash it too will make my site slow to load so that was the reason for me to eleminate some graphics, right now the only thing so far that makes my site load is my background i had it specially made and it was made into an animated gif. so i can deal with that but it loadsquicker now and doesn't take forever as it used too.
      but try softening the background a tad and place at least 1 image rotator on page it may load quicker. other than that it looks very good.

Jim
      "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

• Vonny
        Members

• May 2005

Thank you for your comments. Its much appreciated. I am doing some of what you both suggested. The site is specifically for the young, and the young at heart. A friendly place to use your imagination and just plain laugh. Again, have a great day. Von

Comment

• scubadiver
          Lieutenant Colonel

• Aug 2006

It looks nice. I did have trouble figuring out a few of the pictures though.
          www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

• Vonny
            Members

• May 2005

Please tell me which area so I may repair the problem. The reason I am using roll over this way no one can copy the paintings. If you think they are to small or to fast I can fix that. Please let me know. Thank you for your comment and hope to hear from you. :D Von
            Originally posted by scubadiver
            It looks nice. I did have trouble figuring out a few of the pictures though.

Comment

Working...
            X