Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I updated my site!

Hey friends,

I had some extra time this week and I decided to make a few changes on my website... ... ...and "a few" changes turned into just re-doing the whole thing. :) It all started when I was trying to create my own "logo" for my business... that didn't turn out so well, but I came up with a new design for my business card - which pretty much is what's on the new front page.

I know some of the fonts might be somewhat difficult to see/read at times... they're a little "sci-fi" in a way, but I just thought it was a really cool font! They look pretty okay on my end, but I know some others might see differently depending on their resolutions.

So far it has turned out better than I expected. I still have a few html pages to tweak, but this is basically what I got. My old black&white, lack-of-color scheme was pretty cool and definitely worked for me... but it was time for some actual color this time around. I just hope it looks okay.

My Website!
    George
    www.virtuosocreative.com

Re: I updated my site!

Verrrry Slick, G-Man!

What did you use to do your new graphics? The dymo type is fitting, and I think your orb reflecting your new "sheet" background is an excellent touch.....that is definitely the "over the top" element that I have come to expect you to bring to VodaTalk.

(Could anyone do this with software/programs they might already have available in newer 'puters, or via some other utility?)

So far, this site scores 9.8, bringing your aggregate total to 18.9.....LOL
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
      Verrrry Slick, G-Man!

What did you use to do your new graphics?
      Thanks, man!! I use the same stuff I used on the old site... Photoshop 7. I don't have the $$ to get the new CS or whatever it's called. But I did find a few sites that helped me learn some new tricks and I went ahead and applied that to these designs. :)

The dymo type is fitting, and I think your orb reflecting your new "sheet" background is an excellent touch.....that is definitely the "over the top" element that I have come to expect you to bring to VodaTalk.
      Oh man... let me tell you that figuring out how to do that was a real pain... but now it's easy. It took a lot of messing with just to get that "little" detail done. (as was the first time I was trying to draw/shade the sphere).

(Could anyone do this with software/programs they might already have available in newer 'puters, or via some other utility?)
      Hmmm... not too sure. I do everything with photoshop... and I haven't tried to do anything with other software.

So far, this site scores 9.8, bringing your aggregate total to 18.9.....LOL
      HAHAHAHA!!! geez... crackin' me up. :) I really appreciate it. I'm just really thankful that I have TIME to do this stuff. (as well as having Photoshop). But I'm really glad you like it. My only goal is to keep keeping it simple... but make it as fun as I can. :)

Oh... and was gonna add this before... but here is my business card demo design I made before I even started re-doing my website.

new card design
      George
      www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

I like the fonts and think they're very fitting for your site. Just so long as you realize that lots of folks won't see them on their computers cuz they aren't web friendly.

The business card is great. I love it.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
          I like the fonts and think they're very fitting for your site. Just so long as you realize that lots of folks won't see them on their computers cuz they aren't web friendly.

The business card is great. I love it.
          Thanks!

And I already thought of the whole "font" issue. That being somewhat touchy, depending on who sees it and all that, I went ahead and used images for the special fonts so that everyone can see them.

This does create an extra step... or three... but it gets the job done and I like the results. :)

In fact, most of the text on my page is all done with images rather than just the text typed over the background. (I tried just using the text before with my old site and it wasn't pretty). haha!
          George
          www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

Hey George

Your site always looked great, I couldn't possibly think how you can improve it.
            Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

It looks really great, George! Everything looks very professional - nicely done.

Comment

Great job !
                Looks very nice. Cool.
                Bill
                www.blueearthtea.com
                www.ftaaconsulting.com
                www.iaval.com
                www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Awesome! did you build the site update youself? it looks very smart.
                  www.glidingcomp.com

Comment

Originally posted by MrCirrus
                    Awesome! did you build the site update youself? it looks very smart.
                    Hey thanks...

yeah, all of it I came up with on my own.. there might be something else the new design resembles... I was kinda thinking on a 'sci-fi' front, without getting too detailed. I look at it and I think of the movie "Tron"... kinda because of the shades of blue and the glowing words, etc. It's pretty much what I wanted my site to look like originally but hadn't quite figured it out until recently.

I'm glad everyone likes it... so many people complimented me on my other design (pretty much the same, just different colors) that I wasn't sure about going this route.

I am definitely happy it turned out as nice as it did, and thanks to everyone for your kind words.

Now it's time to see if I can wrap this thing up and fix some of the bugs and incomplete pages.
                    George
                    www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

Hester

Where you been friend? I got my new sporty store up, that might be more to your liking.. you need to go peek.

I have the new CS2 and I hate it. I also have ***7 *** 8 *** 9 and *** 10. LOL. You can do that stuff in all of them. But CS2 is a monster! For quick stuff I just load up *** 7, cuz i know where EVERY thing is in it.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                      02036089024 / United Kingdom
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hester - you do realize that the se's will not be able to read a single word on your site if you used all images? That's a big SEO nono - unless you don't care for them to send anyone to you???
                        Beth
                        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Very Nice! I really enjoyed watching the drill designs! Love this so much better than your other one! Congratulations on a job well done.
                          Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Really nice, I like this and I liked your other site too ... nice nice nice ....
                            I guess a change for you is important too ... nice work!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                            02036089024 / United Kingdom
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
                              Hester - you do realize that the se's will not be able to read a single word on your site if you used all images? That's a big SEO nono - unless you don't care for them to send anyone to you???
                              Hi Beth,

I'm confused... what is se's or SEO?? who's sending who to me? :) I'm sorry but I just don't know that terminology.

I didn't use ALL images, but I did on the ones that are interactive for use as "buttons". The only thing that really changes are that i took out the buttons that were in my old site and used a unique font (which I knew wouldn't work on many computers) and created buttons out of them.

All of my bio and work descriptions are in a normal font which everyone should be able to see just fine. I think it's Tahoma? or something. :)
                              George
                              www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

Working...
                              X