• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hester
    Captain

• Jun 2006

Re: I updated my site!

Originally posted by Dream Lady
    Very Nice! I really enjoyed watching the drill designs! Love this so much better than your other one! Congratulations on a job well done.

:) Thanks so much. And yeah - I agree... I like it a lot better too. I just opened up a screenshot of my first version. Night and day difference. :)

I'm glad you enjoyed watching the drill samples. Those pages are actually next on my list to finish. And I need to add about a dozen more. I'll probabaly do a few of those tonight. :)
    George
    www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

• Hester
      Captain

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by LadyEye
      Really nice, I like this and I liked your other site too ... nice nice nice ....
      I guess a change for you is important too ... nice work!!
      Thanks!!

yeah - I think of all things, change was important mostly because I'm still trying to find an "identity". I was at a loss for a specific logo/trademark and since first publishing my site about 5 months ago, I've been able to attract a lot more potential clients my way and it has been a great success.

But one thing that I always wanted to do but just didn't understand HOW to do it was to make it colorful. (because I know how difficult it is to make it look good...) This color-scheme seems to suit me and my "style".

I'm really glad you liked both my designs... I'm gonna keep the old files stashed away in case I ever go back to that style again for another site. (if I ever decide to try and design more later).
      George
      www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

• Hester
        Captain

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by Karen Mac
        Hester

Where you been friend? I got my new sporty store up, that might be more to your liking.. you need to go peek.

I have the new CS2 and I hate it. I also have ***7 *** 8 *** 9 and *** 10. LOL. You can do that stuff in all of them. But CS2 is a monster! For quick stuff I just load up *** 7, cuz i know where EVERY thing is in it.

Karen
        Karen,

I guarantee that with the holidays approaching, I'll be making a few stops by this site now! :) You've got a really nice assortment of sprotsy stuff. I like the mugs and the candles. What's with the **** bling things??? is this a new trend?! ;) haha. interesting.

I have *** 8, but I didn't start using it until AFTER i had photoshop for about a year... after many headaches with photoshop for so long, *** turned out to be somewhat easy to use but I was learning all over again and decided to just stick with photoshop. I've had it for... over 4 years now.
        George
        www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

• Karen Mac
          General

• Apr 2006

Hester

**** Blings are just that.. LOLOL. Bling Bling for your ****s! They just lace up in your ***** and Have a logo on them.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Mook25
            Brigadier General

• Oct 2005

Hey there,
            Your site looks great, nice colours and well layed out and the fonts seem ok my end too.You appear to be using no keywords which can only go against you in getting high ranking scores. Only other thing i would suggest is making the top banner not as tall as it takes up half my screen and this can turn a lot of people away due to most surfers only scanning the top part of your site. Also what is it you do exactly?? There is nothing on your homepage to suggest what it is and this is where most of your visitors will be coming first. Other than that looks great so keep up the good work.
            Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
            FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

• asirimarco
              Brigadier General

• Jun 2006

Wow - how impressive - I didn't think it could get better than you old site - shows what I know SE's are the search engines like google etc. guess they just like plain old words. The colors are fantastic and everything is laid out so artistic comes to mind but that is not the right word -
              ann
              Ann
              www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
              www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
              www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

• Hester
                Captain

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by Mook25
                Hey there,
                Your site looks great, nice colours and well layed out and the fonts seem ok my end too.You appear to be using no keywords which can only go against you in getting high ranking scores. Only other thing i would suggest is making the top banner not as tall as it takes up half my screen and this can turn a lot of people away due to most surfers only scanning the top part of your site. Also what is it you do exactly?? There is nothing on your homepage to suggest what it is and this is where most of your visitors will be coming first. Other than that looks great so keep up the good work.
                Mook,

Thanks the feedback...

However, I'm sorry for this but I don't understand anything you're saying in your comments to "help".

Not using Keywords?? What are you referring to and how would I do that?

Rankings score? Why should I be concerned with rankings? (just curious).

Top banner too tall? What am I missing with that? I feel as if my banner size works pretty well (in my opinion). I also think it's actually somewhat smaller than a lot of other websites out there. I'm not saying my site design is perfect, but I don't get what you are saying.

Lastly - to clarify what you are saying by "there's nothing on your homepage to suggest what it is..." that statement is incorrect, because my name is George Hester and this is my personal website. I know it's coming across somewhat as a "business" related site (...being titles George Hester "Designs"). But it's just my personal site that happens to just talk about George Hester. I don't see any other way to make it more simple. :)

If you want to go to my "business" website - www.visaudiodesigns.com

I appreciate your kind words about my site and I'm happy to take your suggestions to improve it, but I just need some clarification on exactly what you mean by all that and why it should help me improve my site.

* One quick note though - about the banner, I just looked at it again and I'm still confused. You say surfers usually just scan the top part of a website... first of all, why would they do that? And secondly, for anyone that does what I do or is looking for my design services, they will be completely drawn in just from the top banner picture. If you aren't involved in this stuff, you won't notice the significance. :)

Sorry to get a little defensive here. :) All is good. I just want to be sure that if I do take your suggestions to make adjustments, that it's not for reasons that won't make any difference in the end for me.

Thanks again.
                George
                www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

• Hester
                  Captain

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by asirimarco
                  Wow - how impressive - I didn't think it could get better than you old site - shows what I know...

...The colors are fantastic and everything is laid out so artistic comes to mind but that is not the right word -
                  haha... thanks! I had fun putting ideas and new colors together. I'm glad you like it. Artistic is good. :)

SE's are the search engines like google etc. guess they just like plain old words.
                  ann
                  You know... that's what I thought SE meant. But when I search "George Hester" on the net... Yahoo! Google etc. The first thing that pops up is my website. So... is that not a good thing?
                  George
                  www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

Working...
                  X