Clear All

Re: My 1st website for mobile phone users

Thanks Choke. I'll keep it up.

Comment

• Mook25
      Brigadier General

• Oct 2005

Looks like a good site with loads of information. Well layed out and nice colour scheme. I've been looking myself how to get a site onto mobile phones. Any ideas?
      Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
      FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

• lovethatbluegrassmusic
        Major

• Jul 2006

Most folks today refer to them as 'Cell Phones' because of the cell
        technologyt(honeycomb patterns). 'Mobile Phone' actually refers to an older technology,
        but, I guess I'm being picky!

Your site has a lot of usefull information.
        Brad Arnold.......
        www.baldwincomusic.com
        www.Northbaldwinhamradio.org

ClickheretoBlastyoursitetomany
        !Free Search Engine Submission!
        Talking Avatar for your web site!
        Free sound editor
        Voda Host Tutorials

Comment

• Robert
          First Lieutenant

• May 2005

Originally posted by lovethatbluegrassmusic
          Most folks today refer to them as 'Cell Phones' because of the cell
          technologyt(honeycomb patterns). 'Mobile Phone' actually refers to an older technology,
          but, I guess I'm being picky!

Your site has a lot of usefull information.
          poh-tay-toe, poh-tah-toe....heheh I personally do not see this as being picky. I see it as a possible benefit in many ways...

Yes, many people in our society here in the US would say the same, but societies across the globe may still refer to such technologies and markets this way socially and in some aspects professionally to better relate to potential clients and people in general.

However, taking your statement into account, I simply see a fresh starter. In a few simple words he has given me an idea of where he is at in terms of learning this market and the use of certain strategies that cause some of us to relate to past trends and stages of our own development. But if he is way beyond this point, then he simply needs to find a better copywriter. HAHA

Cool, my brain still works. This actually got my mind revved up a bit.

gotta go!
          Robert
          www.GraphXntrix.com
          Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

Originally posted by Mook25
            Looks like a good site with loads of information. Well layed out and nice colour scheme. I've been looking myself how to get a site onto mobile phones. Any ideas?
            Website for mobile phone refer as WAP (Wireless Application Protocol). The most common language for WAP website is WML (Wireless Markup Language) It is very similiar to HTML and relatively easlier then HTML. Do a Google search for "WML Tutorial" or something like that. You will have a lots of information for how to create a WAP page.

If you want your site to be database driven or server-side programming behind. You can use PHP, ASP, .NET or whatever, rander the output into WML, then you can have a very functional mobile phone website.

P.S. Vodahost account doesn't support ASP or .NET

Comment

I just had a keyword search at O*****re. Just realized cell phone is much much more common use on Internet then mobile phone.

Ok. I decided to add cell phone into my meta tag and contents for better SEO.

Thanks for the informations :)

Comment

• Robert
                First Lieutenant

• May 2005

Hey kelfy, "On your mark.."

--I have been spanning my attention to many developer communities accross the net and trying to keep up with the latest scoop on everything. When Adobe announced that its Flash player was going open-source, I thought, "I'ts about time!" Ha Ha ha...I've been waiting for over 3 months for them to announce that.

"...get set..."

--But, back to my point, keep an eye out for things like this. This move by Adobe not only has been looooonged for by so many extraordinarily creative people, but it has also opened a HUGE door of opportunity.

If anyone would like to know what I think;

Mobile Web Services, Solutions, Application, Hosting, Design, Development...

"...GOOOOOOOOOO!"

I believe this may be the official green flag being waved. I would not be surprised if some major players are born within the next six months to tackle the ranks.
                Watch the developer zones. Try to find links that seem to travel along one topic that relates to your site's content, and follow only the links that connect to other developer sites using different markups or platforms. Keep in mind that all these communities have groups focusing on differenct projects. And pay attention to who(BRAND) these developer's are focused on.

Other than my two cents, I am definitely cheering for ya kelfy, It would awesome to watch your success unfold!
                Robert
                www.GraphXntrix.com
                Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

Working...
                X