• Re: Please Comments On My 1st Website

Hello There:

I need your feedback on my 1st website hosted by vodahost:

http://www.ourgoldmines.com/quitsmoking

any constructive comments are welcome

Thank you

abang_uda

Re: Please Comments On My 1st Website

Your website looks good with the exception of having the side menu items in white.. why not make your menus visible..??

You obviously want to get your Adsense happening which is good and I can see that you've done some learning about optimization issues. I don't know if these are pre-prepared articles, but I still think they may need a little re-phrasing in some parts.

Mind you, I am a strong oppnent of Quitting Smoking and I think people should smoke on and enjoy.

Comment

aye i agree with Carlos but I to am a smoker and a lot of people meaning doctors put the fear in non smokers that second hand smoke is worse than smoking, it is not. i call it the common sense factor, example: my parents are over 60 everyone in our home smokes with the exception of my mom, she is constantly around second hand smoke and just last week she had a thorough examination and she has a clean bill of health no cancer or nothing from second third or fourth hand smoke. but my neighbor and her husband doesn't smoke and yet he has lung cancer, that was not due to smoking or being around smokers it was hereditary passed on from the genes. so you see it is a common sense factor. or subbliminal messages to scare the average non smoker into thinking they will get cancer from second hand smoke.

thanks
      jim

ps your site is good and maybe one day i too may quit.
      "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Hi AU,
        This link does not work: Note: If you want to create a website like this click this link
        Ditto on the NavBar, at first glance your site looks to be a one-pager.
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

If you are seeking critiques about website techincal issues, this is clearly not a functional website.

If you seek comments on layout and/or design, it is my opinion that your initial efforts have potential, but require a good deal of redesign and refinement if they are to appear even reasonably professional, effective, or visually appealing. Try to focus on precise detail, balance, and universiality of effective communicative value (is not your message contextually so bound?)

As far as internet acceptance, I feel that not providing visitors with any information as to who or what party is accountable for the site and some indication of responsibility for the "message," this site has no measurable compliance, and is therefore pure "fluff." You should always allow a mimumum of recourse to visitors: some information to know whose site it is, and even a means to exit or retreat via navigation rather than resorting to shutting their browser.....how rude!

So there you have my opinion, coming at you like a freight train. Take it or leave it....but all perspectives should be considered if you are to develop an internet-savvy understanding that will enable you to truly build toward definitive success as a "webbie."

PS: The accountability issue I mentioned above is important for a site such as this, only because it expresses a moral, ethical, or political message, and does neither cite references nor identify the proponents.
          I too, happen to smoke, but that matters not in the least.....it is being proper and right in construct that is important.

IMO
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I don't think English is your first language. Nothing wrong with that - but if you want to create a website geared to the English speaking world, you need to have someone re-write your text so that it is grammatically correct. As soon as I started reading it I would have clicked off as it is now.

I also do not understand your "hidden" navigation links.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Everybody:

Thanks for all you comments. I take it positively and would try to improve further. You are right Bethers English is not my first language nonetheless I will strive to improve.

Thank you

abang_uda

Comment

dido on above comments
                at first I didn't realize you even had a product to sell
                keep going abang uda
                ABC Gardiner

Comment

Hi Gardiner

Thanks for the encouragement.

abang_uda

Comment

Looks good but there are a few things i think are worth mentioning.

Firstly the links on the left are in white text on a white background. I only knw the links were there as i acidently moved my mouse cursor onto them. You need to change this otherwise people will not know they are there.

Secondly, the text starts too far down the screen as many people do not have large screens and therefore may only see a couple of lines of text in the first instance and this in turn can put people off and lead to them clicking away from you. I would suggest you making your top banner a bit smaller to correct this.

The good thing about your site is that we know exactly what you are trying to do as soon as we enter the page and your site is really informative too. With a few tweaks using these and the suggestions above you could have a good site. Keep up the hard work!
                    Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
                    FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Hi MOOK25

Thank you for your comments. I am in the process of improving the wbsite. The left back ground problems had een solve. I will improve on the header size as you suggested.

abang_uda

Comment

If this is your first: impressive !
                        www.jaspernieuwenhuizen.nl
                        www.jaspernieuwenhuizen.com

Comment

Hi nlnieu16

Thanks for your kind support. It is my first website, the second one is:

http:/www.ourgoldmines.com/gifts

please give you feedback. I apppreciate it very much.

Thank you

abang_uda

Comment

Hi Everyone:

Thanks for the encouragement nlnieu16. I made the mistake on the links. Here the correct one:

http://www.ourgoldmines.com/gifts

Please give your feedback. By the way happy thanks giving holidays everyone.

Thank you

abang_uda

Comment

Working...
                            X