Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobs Internet Mart

Hello All,

I have just about completed the basics of building my site and would appreciate you guys taking a look at it and let me have your suggestions, comments, etc. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to make it more user friendly, etc.

Thanks,

Robert L. (Bob) Watson, Sr.
    Bobs Internet Mart
    http://www.bobsinternetmart.com
    "We Become Free by Serving and Encouraging Each Other"

Re: Bobs Internet Mart

Look man, very very nice, I like the colors and style just few things to change:

in Home page:

1 - the sentence the n1 key to online success etc etc seems to be a part of the triangle logo right? make it smaller and put it on the right of the triangle and center them.

2 - ads by google, you better put them on the bottom of the page, they are not part of your project

3 - change the font of "we welcome the opportunity etc etc"

4 - For me, I would use the red color in the text only if something like a link or one inportant word on a sentence, what you think?

5 - please feel free to visit our site etc etc, just take it off, people will come back if they like the web site.

6 - put the black text on smaller size and give some spaces from the sides.

hope it helps

I'll be back later for the other pages

but nice one, I like it
    The Producer

Comment

Hi,
      As previous comment suggested move the google ads either to the bottom or side so the first thing people see is your introduction,perhaps get something with a bit of life to it on your page such as a changing feed of some of your products so as to make it a friendly experience for your potential customers and to stand out a bit.It`s coming along just great thus far.
      regards
      Jay
      Jay
      www.orlandomouseworld.com

Comment

Lot of work, a lot more to go.
        -You seem to have copied the Google logo, you're going to have to save it as *.gif or *.jpg and then use the image tool to insert in your page. Otherwise users will see a red X.
        -Either get rid of the ads (Google, MSN, Ask, yahoo, etc all have their versions of junk mail) or move them to the far right. Right now they are the focal point of your site.
        -Consider moving the products, way at the bottom, someplace else. Nothing wrong with having them on your Home page but you're hiding them.
        -Consider redoing the NAvBar, it is very confusing. example Products and Adlandpro.
        -You show a UPS logo someplace, link to it or add something to the effect that you use UP to ship. Buyers want that type of reassurance.
        -There is a contact form in one of your pages that "floats", very annoying.
        -Might want to change the page titles for different pages and maybe add something descriptive. "Bobs Internet Mart - Products and Gifts"
        -Consider a direct link to the tremendous selection of products, some were easier to find than others.
        -The products that I did find were very nicely displayed and the "e-mail to a friend" is a good idea.

Good luck with your site.
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Bob,

You've been given great advice so far. I dont run google ads on anything I WANT TO SELL on. If you have to have them, make them the LAST thing your customer sees.

To Elaborate more on your products. Move them to top level pages making it one click to buy instead of two. Your page titles, meta tags and keywords should apply only to the page that you are viewing, not the whole site. Run sub pages for only those categories where you have more product than page.

Your home page needs to sell your cutomer on staying on the site. Show them something to intrigue them and use YOU instead of I or we in your text. Do links to products as you mention keywords within the text. You are selling and every single page needs to let your customer know that. Dont let them forget or it will be a 2 sec click drive by. Get rid of the idea that its a website.. its a STORE STORE STORE. Watch those selling channels, lots of good lessons there, they make millions, and remember alot of it is visual!!! Go visit Walmart! They arent surprised you found them! Look at how displays and ads are set. You need to do the same thing, only on the internet!

MOM and POP business or International Corportation? The mindset is up to you! Either way it pays to look professional, and nobody knows on the internet. Its up to you to build the reputation. All of this needs to be on the About Us page and not the home page.

Your links pages need some order. Set up categories for your links and then list them accordingly. Currently they are rather helter skelter. I wouldnt trade links with you because they are of no use to your viewers as they are, and they will just click off of there rather than sort it out. As a fellow store owner, Id be viewing it in the same light. Will my link here be of any quality?

Finally, your opportunities, and business to business items belong on another site if they arent related in any way to this one. Keep your store focused, themed and relevant! You have a ton of Web Space with your Voda Account. Put some to good use and make a Business Homepage and put all of this type stuff there.

Whew! I just gave you a ton of work to do! If you need help with any of that please just ask. Glad to help you! Youve got a GREAT start you just need to iron out some wrinkles!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I agree with all above move your google advert all the way down to bottom to the footer, move your text on page up, and bring your products up as well just under the text. and as for that google search remove it due to you already have the google advert that will automatically send them to google. a search box in my opinion on a persons site should be relevant to that site in order to search for products for that site not steer away from that site to another and miss a sale. don't know if i am making sense or not but lets say you have something on your site I'm thinking hmm type in that search box for lets say *******, then i am sent to another place that shows other stores/shops i click on their link i see a watch i buy it they get the sale and you got nothing, you just helped your competitor with a sale he profits $400.00 and you profit $000.00. your site think about it and do the math. site other than that looks good.
            "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Hello Nite Producer,

I made the changes you suggested on my Home Page. Logo has been changed completely. No more Ads by Google. Thanks for your input.

Bobs Internet Mart

Comment

much better much neater but you may want to change this...Our motto is and always has been, “Our customers are our most valuable Asset”, therefore your complete satisfaction is our ultimate Goal.

to this...

Our motto...

“Our customers are our most valuable Asset"

Therefore your complete satisfaction is our ultimate Goal.

and this ...

"we become free by serving and encouraging each other"
                Below it if your gonna keep the products on bottom page, just under your last text say something like

"we become free by serving and encouraging each other"
                Look below at some of our products.

and bring the products up a tad, still a tad bit far down.

just a thought.
                "Jim"

Comment

Hello Jay,

Visited your site - WOW - Fantastic!

I have already implemented some changes to my site, based on the suggestions that you guys made - but would love to implement a changing feed, especially after seeing your site. Could you possibly tell me where I can find information to guide me through whatever steps I need to take to implement a changing feed showing some of my products?

Thanks,

Bobs Internet Mart

Comment

Hello Bill,

Thanks for responding to my post. I have already made several changes to the site based on suggestions that you guys made, and will be making several more.

Definitely the google ads are gone. They are on a page by themselves.

Still got lots more work to do.

Thanks,

Bobs Internet Mart

Comment

Bob,

Welcome to Bobs Internet Mart is not a good heading. You need to use H1 tags with your best keywords a a heading. I also wouldnt use the cart feature to put pics up. Id use a table or css to save some valuable real estate space. Its looking better! Just more input for you! If you need help with coding etc.. Let me know ill be happy to give you examples of layouts.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                      02036089024 / United Kingdom
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Bob what have ya done? lol now you have products on top at first i thought i was on a products page it was fine the way you had it the first time. here click on link for a test i did for ya..

www.naghosthunters.com/bim.html let me know when you have seen it so i can remove it.

jim
                        "Jim"

Comment

Hi Jim,

I love the test sample you did for me. I made a copy of it so you can take the test down now. I very much appreciate your assistance.

Could you possibly tell me how you did the changing graphics on the test or tell me where I can find instructions on implementing a changing feed so that I can add a changing feed, (possibly on the home page), to show some of my products.

This is my first time at attempting to build a website, but thanks to you and other webmasters at BlueVoda, (with your assistance), I am determined to make it as good a site as I possibly can.

Thanks Jim,

Bobs Internet Mart

Comment

well it wasnt nothing special, i copied your background ,added a white page in middle, copied your text and info and pics, and i have a animated banner creator and used your green background to use as the banner placed in the info in it and added it to top made a few changes in your main text then wahlah completed. if ya want the banner just right click on it save as and save it to your computer like in the my picture folder so you can use it later. then when you are ready to use it open bluevoda website builder open your page click on add picture look for banner and place banner on top. save as , then publish. i no nothing about feeds so i am at words on that i try to make it simple but yet pleaseing to the eyes. :) and thanks for the compliment about webmasters i am a beginner also but beth, bill2006, ez-ez they are the gods of useing bluevoda and how to impliment the sites to better help you with search engines etc. i consider myself an apprentice.
                            "Jim"

Comment

oh and try to keep photos with description on it if you want it on main page then create another page that has your products on it with everything from photo to description to checkout or buy noiw button. try not to sell on your main page.
                              "Jim"

Comment

Working...
                              X