Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New General Contracting Site

Hi everyone-
    I would greatly appreciate any feedback about my newly published website, particularly in regards to the type of business it promotes. Not all pages are ready to be published yet, but in your opinion, are the published pages "ready"? This is my very first webpage, and I have VERY minimal knowledge about webpage design, etc. Thank you in advance for all your opinions, criticism, and advice.
    www.amblingcreek.com

Re: New General Contracting Site

Hi,

- I suggest you take out the intro page and put your services page as the index page. The intro page has no meaning on it.
    - Some of the characters are too big, some of it is too small. Try to get a proper font size so visitors can easy to read.
    - I'm not sure the "quote" section is live or not, when I click "Get your quote" without filling up anything. It redirect me to a "thank you" page. Guess I already sent you serval blank email :)
    - Your title tag is too simple. Make a good sentance on your title tag please.

Your site is unfinished. Project page is not done.

Comment

Thank you. Duly noted about the font size and the title tag. I will work on those. The projects page is not ready yet, and needs pictures and a lot of info, so I'm waiting to publish that one, as well as the history page.

How is appearance of colors, shapes, etc? Does the text pop? Is it clear what kind of work Ambling Creek does right off the bat, and if so, does the "style" of the page match the professionality of the company?

(I'm concerned because I don't want the page to come across to potential clients as "amateur".)

Comment

It is clear to me what kind of work you do. I like your choice of colors, looks professional. I like the use of the shapes for your text, it looks good. The larger shape with text at the left bottom, I would like to see move over to the right somehow, so that it is just on the background of the middle of your page, like the other two shapes with text, if you know what I mean, it kind of looks odd where it is sitting ...

you're doing great!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I agree with ladyeye and kelfy remove the main intro is one thing and the rest well ya know what the ladies said :) never argue with a woman lol.
          "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Thanks again for the feedback. One of my other concerns is that I am making this website for my husband, and as a woman, don't want it to be obvious that a "woman" designed and wrote this very manly, construction-geared website!
            Your comments are much appreciated- thanks to everyone who took the time to check out the site for me.

Comment

I agree with remove the "enter" page - it really serves no purpose - the site is very professional looking rather unisex - looks good so far
              ann
              Ann
              www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
              www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
              www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

I need help, am new can someone tell me what to do.I have created my website in bluevoda but I cannt browse it in the internet, I can only preveiw it.pls reply as soon as possible thanks

Comment

I don't know why you have a page that I have to click to "enter". Most of those really annoy me - unless they are so wonderful. I don't want that extra click - and it hurts with search engines. Don't waste the page.

You start the info on your home page too far down - too much blank space. The use of the different shapes works to an extent - but they need to be laid out better. Lots and lots of wasted space.

sumblick - don't "steal" someone else's thread - please go into the right room and start a thread. But I will suggest you go read the tutorial on how to name pages.
                  Beth
                  A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

sumblick it will only preview until you buy into bluevoda and publish it once you publish it then you can view it on the internet and continue to work on it while it is up and running, just if you publish and it goes live on the internet and theres something you need to fix not to worry go into bluvoda website builder make the changes save as (into the same folder) then publish then refresh your site to see the changes you made. it is a wonderful program and very easy to manage but buy into bluevoda get it hosted they have monthly, yearly, and etc plans very affordable. but until then you will, no matter what, you view it in preview mode until you feel you are ready to publish live on the internet. and even after it is live you will still view it in preview mode to show you what it will look like on the internet.
                    "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Working...
                    X