• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jock of loch
    Sergeant

• Jul 2006

Store finally open-needs review

Hi,
    We've finally finished, or should I say published, our store, and added more pages, etc. Almost every page has had some changes. We need input as to ease of usage, loading times, how the store looks, etc. etc.
    We've made no attempt as yet to optimise the site, just made what we hope will appeal to our customers. Any comments we have received so far have allowed us to get to this stage, and without your help we would have given up at the second hurdle. We've tested out the payment side of things through a "sandbox" site, so can only wait and see if there are any problems in that regard. As for the site, we like it, what do you think?
    Awaiting your valued input,
    Thanks again,
    Jock.
    www.lochdesignsjewellery.com
  • ripperdav
    Sergeant

• Aug 2006

Re: Store finally open-needs review

Yes, that's a very nice looking site you guys have there. I really like your logo. Seems to fit with the Celtic heritage. Wow, your jewellery is really nice stuff too. You'd get along just fine with my folks, he's a sculptist and she's a jewellery creator herself. Have been trying to talk the old man into letting me create a site for him before he's too old to enjoy it, but he's too scared the workload might get to big! Anyways, really enjoyed your site Davin Ogden

P.S. As for loading times, I did find it a trifle bit of a wait, but am not sure if it would be the site or my ISP provider at this point, we have been having a few problems in the area lately

Comment

• naghosthunter
      Lieutenant Colonel

• Aug 2006

Jock site looks much better than before but on your nav buttons you have some size and color differences and i might add you may want to place that rapid ssl to bottom. other than that main page looks good, soothing to the eyes.
      "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

• Dream Lady
        Major General

• Feb 2006

Great Job! I Love your designs. Your website was easy to navigate. I did notice that the link to the necklaces did not work. Are you still working on that page. Much success to you!
        Cindy Smentowski

Comment

• Bethers
          Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

I suggest that you don't want people to have to wait to the 2nd page to click to find the products - and would rather see one long nav bar than have 2 next to each other.

On the home page - each of those pictures could be (and should be) clickable to the product pages.

The sooner people can get to product, the more likely to buy - the more pages they have to click to get there, the better the chance they never will get there.

Your nav bar uses different color and sizes of text - I'm not sure why but it causes some to feel not as important or stand out less.

On the product pages you kept throwing in the "view cart" button all over the place. Putting that in one location on the page would be sufficient. It was actually annoying and took away from my looking at the beautiful jewelry.

Your page title is ok on the pendants page - but I'd get rid of "of various styles" and leave the important words. Don't use extraneous words there.

You also need a headline on each of the product pages - saying what is on that page. Right now the phrase "click on a" etc - is what is showing where a headline should be. That could be underneath it - but not what should be showing first - Jewellery Pendants would be fine for that page - but make sure people know that they got to the right place immediately.

Since you ship internationally - I suggest you put a link to the currency exchange rate on the pages also - a good one is: Currency exchange calculator

Good luck.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

• jock of loch
            Sergeant

• Jul 2006

Hi,
            Thanks for the input from all, and Beth you are worth your weight in any fine gemstone you choose to name. All the advice will be acted upon this week and will seek more input when I've updated the whole site. Should only take a day or two.
            Love to all, and thanks,
            Jock.

Comment

• Bethers
              Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Jock,
              When you make your first million on the site - I'll hold you to that!

I look forward to seeing the changes.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

• asirimarco
                Brigadier General

• Jun 2006

agree that when you click on the pictures of jewelry you should be taken to their page - site looks very nice the box on top right "click here...." here is spelled wrong left out an e
                Beths suggestion about a headline is gold - there is info on making one in the posts
                ann
                Ann
                www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
                www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
                www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

• jock of loch
                  Sergeant

• Jul 2006

Ann,
                  thanks for the eyes up on the spelling mistake. I don't know how many times I've looked without seeing that. I might have to get my eyes seen to! Yes, I am looking at headlines, but after reading Beth's threads again on H1 tags, it might take more than a day or so.
                  Anyhow have made a start, and will keep on tweaking.
                  Thanks again,
                  Jock.

Comment

Working...
                  X