• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • natalie wright
    Sergeant

• Aug 2005

Help would someone view my site www.08004nails.com

Hi , I have alreading posted this thread but in the wrong place, I have be optimising my site for a while now and still have can't find it in google. I know it is there but when I put my keywords in nothing shows. I am fairly new to webdesign but I have done alot of reading and hoped that I was getting somewhere. Please take a look and any advice will be welcomed. Would love someone to view my site and tell me where I went wrong!!

www.08004nails.com
    www.08004nails.com
  • Bethers
    Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Re: Help would someone view my site www.08004nails.com

Truthfully, I would click off your home page as I look at it and think it's just full of advertisements - The first thing my eyes see is that flashing "spam" - which then keeps my eyes over there where I see norton antivirus, etc - all of which have NOTHING to do with who or what you are - so I am not interested and click off. I would be on your site maybe 2-3 seconds if that.

I have to really look hard to find your navigation for your own site. NExt place my eyes went was to the web design link - and there you are selling me on designing a website like yours. Which, for reasons above, I wouldn't want - and do you want this page to bring business to the nail/hair salon - or are you selling your web design talents? Those belong on their own website - or very tastefully here - not like this.

The site lacks cohesiveness. And it took me really reading the page to understand that you're a directory - but again, I wouldn't have stayed around long enough to realize that - your main purpose has to be obvious with the initial glance at the page.

By the way- your post belonged in Website Reviews - not here or the other location :)
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

• natalie wright
      Sergeant

• Aug 2005

Hi, thanks for your valued input. I will make some changes. What do you suggest you would do to make it attractive. I am both directing to the consumer as a directory and salons to join and webdesign. I will move this post to reviews. thanks.
      www.08004nails.com

Comment

• Robert
        First Lieutenant

• May 2005

WOW, doubletake!

I agree with Bethers. Plus, the HUGE image in the middle floods my vision. All the other elements just scatter away.

New Zealand. I....uh.....you know.....hmmm.....what.....*SIGH

you fascinate me. =)
        Robert
        www.GraphXntrix.com
        Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

• VodaHost
          General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

Moving to review section.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Dream Lady
            Major General

• Feb 2006

It's obvious you have put a lot of work into your site. But as per the comments above, you need to organize it better. It took me awhile to figure out that your main thrust is a beauty directory. Sometimes, we have so much we want to accomplish on a website that we loose site of our main purpose.

A few things need to be fixed as well. Nav bar pull down menu's are not readable. Either they are behind an image or they overlap text.
            When bringing up your home page, there is something that is causing a very long download..so with that alone, I would have closed my browser by now.
            I would not advertise website building at this point. I would concentrate on the directory for consumers.
            Most of your links do not work, so I can't comment on many of your other pages.
            I know it's frustrating to put so much work into something and then have negative feedback. Please know that we just want you to have a successful website. Good luck to you!
            Cindy Smentowski

Comment

• natalie wright
              Sergeant

• Aug 2005

Hi thanks, all good comments are making some changes, having problems publishing coming up with an internet exception error 12029, please will you look again in a few days and see my changes.
              www.08004nails.com

Comment

• Bethers

• Feb 2006

You bet - just let us know here when you're ready. As stated above - our intentions are to help - not to hurt.
                Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

• natalie wright
                  Sergeant

• Aug 2005

I have made many changes, let me know what you think. Not just the look and layout but the functionability too. I wanted to put a search box on too, however not sure if I like the ones that have been suggested in previous forums. I was wanting a html script that would take the user to the page of the keyword that they entered.
                  www.08004nails.com

Comment

• naghosthunter
                    Lieutenant Colonel

• Aug 2006

i agree with beth as well but you need to keep all your pages contained within your site i clicked on all your links about us , etc and next hing i know i had 10 seperate browsers, that was the pits.
                    "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

• natalie wright
                      Sergeant

• Aug 2005

Hi thanks, didn't realised I had done that, all fixed now.
                      www.08004nails.com

Comment

• Bethers

• Feb 2006

Natalie,
                        This is 100% better! So clear and concise - easy to see who you are and what you do.

When I clicked on Auckland on the map - I got a 404 page not found.

On the pages, though - I didn't have a clue how to find the weblink - had to spend time figuring it out. People won't take that time - you need that to be much clearer. You'd think that design with the www in it would have been clear to me- but it wasn't. Their name should be clickable - that would help them - and would be what people are used to. You could actually do both.

I wish you good luck with this. Personally, unless you were around and could show the people that you are getting the necessary hits to bring them traffic, I think your prices to list are high. But you may know your market better than I do.
                        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

• natalie wright
                          Sergeant

• Aug 2005

Thank, good comments. I will fix the broken link, and you are right with the links on the name etc. thanks. As for price I am in New Zealand so you can comfortably halve the prices. I have thought maybe I should put NZ dollars by the costs. what do you think. Planning on doing some email advertising and supplier links so should get better traffic.
                          www.08004nails.com

Comment

• asirimarco
                            Brigadier General

• Jun 2006

looks good now - lots of improvement
                            Ann
                            www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
                            www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
                            www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

• Bethers

• Feb 2006

LOL re the prices - at 1/2 the price, it sounds much more reasonable to me - and I should have thought of that - I knew where you were!

You might want to offer a special - first month 1/2 price or something to get some people signed up. After you have more signed up - it will look at lot more intriguing to others at the full price! But only do that 1/2 price in a special - by email or personally, etc. and make sure it's only good till a certain date.
                              Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                              X