What do you think ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think ?

This is my first, and I am learning a lot real fast. I got everything working except connection to phbb for my forum page.
    New dude, feedback please.

www.evansvillereptileshow.com

Re: What do you think ?

your site has potential but needs a lot of tweaking.

1-your text over laps map try lowering the map or reduce size of text.
    2-try centering your page
    3-button doesn't seem right due to the background being green and nav buttons with with box.
    4- all of your links that goes to pages well they are all to large of a text.

try again, but other than that looks good for a first time. took me awhile to get mine to look the way i wanted.
    "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Hey rosyboahead! I know you've been working hard on this and I think you've done a great job!! Just a few things

1. On your home page the black text to right, overlaps the map.
      2. I think the font you have used is way to big. I would reduce your fonts quite a bit.
      3. I would keep your page to 800 wide (go to page properties and change to page width 800). While in there I would check on the box that says to center in browser.
      4. On your hotel page, you single spaced the text for one and double spaced for the other. I would be consistent.

Just little things, but I think for your first website, you've done great!

Your pictures on your homepage loaded fast for me and they are very crisp. Did you take those?
      Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Thanks, I think I have addressed those issues and no the photos are borrowed photos from some friends of mine. Great pics I think, and they kinda make totally new look to that page.
        You gave me some advise on my fourm page, not sure yet but working on it. No way are you old enough for grand kids though.

Comment

Oh, you are so kind! lol. My oldest son is 27, middle son 22 (he and his wife just made me a grandmother a few months ago) and then I have an 8 year old son. Here is the site I built for my granddaughter...a work in progress. www.noaanne.com.

I can see your working the pages. Looking much better. I did notice that when I put my curser over the button that says Forum, you don't have a / behind your url and before the word forum. Also, forum is misspelled on your button. Just be sure you have everything spelled correctly and your / in the right place. I'll take a look later to.
          Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Nice work on the reptiles.
            -Your Home page has no title. None of them do. "Evansville Reptile Show - abc..." would be better.
            -The font size used in your pages seems a bit large.
            -Consider a darker tone for the green, yes most reptiles are green not necessarily bright green.
            -Might want to add a pop up for the map, hard to see now.
            -A different NavBar will get rid of the whites around the edges.

Good luck, almost there.
            Bill
            www.blueearthtea.com
            www.ftaaconsulting.com
            www.iaval.com
            www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

looking better - all good advice above - i also think a darker green would be good - glad to see the pictures - add a lot - a nav bar that is rectangle instead of oval will get rid of the white edges
              Ann
              www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
              www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
              www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

I like the photo's. I think your nav buttons need to be changed though. Keep it going and build it up.
                Dave

www.eleganceweddingcarhire.com

Comment

Thanks guys for the help keep making it better, I need help with my forum .....I can't seem to get something right, I have tried everything I could to make the connection ??????????

Comment

Never mind I did it I got it a working...........thanks all.....

Comment

Working...
                    X