• Dolce Vita Catering : Take a look at this site

could you give me your honest opinion the following web site:

www.dolcevitacatering.co.uk

offering services for "Home Chef", "Dinner/Corporate/House Party functions"

regards
    dolcevit

Re: Dolce Vita Catering : Take a look at this site

hi Dolcivit

The site looks good, my personal choice would be to have the menu pages working within the same web browser rather than opening a new browser each time. might also be nice to have you menu on each page so you can navigate back to the previous page or to another menu.

Also might be nice to use the pictures in the menus so you can see what you will be getting.

Last thing is as you have limited info on your landing page / index might be worth resizing the page so you do not need to move the page back and forth.

hope this helps graham

Comment

Hi dolcevit,

I love the name of your comapny and was expecting more when I went. MAy I suggest visuals...as in your business it makes more of an impact. You only have about 15 secs to impress someone so they don't leave your page. Maybe some moving pics of various dishes you have prepared.

Be consistent with your paaages so they look almost the same on each page so visitors aren't having to look all over to find navigation.

I this you menu sounds divine BUT make the text a little larger to see and as suggested above open in smae browser.

Also maybe a background image or lighter color background for your menus might be nice...these are all personal preferences though so go with what is most comfortable to you.

I have some food pics/images if you need any and I can send them to you ...just e-mail me at beegud2@beezworld.com

I think a background page or images of you and your company delivering settign up something like that might be nice...again personal preference.

I do like the strwaberry on the first page..nice touch..

If you need any help with anything jsut shout back.

Nice start and good luck with the business.
      Beezz
      sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

i agree with the menu's try to keep your pages with in your site other than affiliates or sponsers have them opening up a new browser.
        "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

I agree with all the above except you do NOT have 15 seconds to capture your audience - most people leave within the first 2-3 seconds.

I'd like to see your template followed through on all the pages and I agree completely that you need to make it easy for people to navigate from one page to the next - no mattter where they go.

I also would leave the site if any page within it opens in a new window - that page needs to be part of the site - search engines can send someone directly to that page and you don't even have your header on the menu pages.

The site needs quite a bit of optimization. You've got the right idea - but unless you are already branded in your area and you believe everyone will be searching for you by your name, then you have work cut out for you - like your home page title would be better to say Catering | area you cover | by Dolce Vita Catering or London Caterer | Dolce Vita Catering (I'm guessing London - because I couldn't find anywhere on your site to tell me that - so people won't know either - and definitely se's will not have a clue.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

You have the start of a nice site...Bethers is right about the optimization and 2 seconds or 15, they will be gone if it isn't really eyecatching...especially with food. Agree also that you need the images on the menu pages, you can not just let the viewer guess what each item looks like. Many can write something appealing but you have to show you can cook also and that is in the final product or your images. Lots of work to do, but you have a good start, just listen to all the people here, that are willing to help...........and follow the advice and then YOU decide what looks right for you.
            Choco777
            www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Working...
            X