Take a look and offer advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take a look and offer advice please

My website is www.willdigforu.com The pictures load very slowly. Also, on the contact us page, I encounter a Not Found error after clicking the radio button titled, "preview" Any suggestions on how to fix this? I have been trying different suggestions for 3 months now and can't seem to solve the problem.

Re: Take a look and offer advice please

Hi

For your pictures you really need to optimize them, by this I mean downsizing the kbs of your images. One of your pics I downloaded was 648 kbs, far too large for smooth and quick loading. Your images should be around the standard 15 kbs or so to load quickly. This can be achieved by using the downloadable image resizing tool, pic resizer from blue voda. Another source for doing this, and one I regularly use is available from this link The advantage of using this link is, you upload your picture and it gives you about 7 options for quality and shows you how many kbs each picture is and the choice is yours. The lower the kbs the better keeping in mind the quality you want.

You have alot of sideways scrolling on your pages, I am viewing at 1024 resolution and still have plenty scrolling to do. Most do not like this.
    If you build your pages at the '800 width this will prevent any scrolling for anyone viewing in any resolution. You should consider setting your page widths at this and redoing. The length of the page does not matter so much, it is the width. To do this, right click on your page, go to page properties and set the width to '800, maintain everything within these boundaries when applying images or text on your page, and check it again before you lock all and publish the same.

I am sorry, I cannot help with the preview on your form, but you will no doubt hear from Andy, Naval or David, all experts on the form use.

Hope this helps a bit for you!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

agree with LadyEye about the pictures - they all need to be resized down to load quicker the link she gave you is a good tool also you can download pix resizer from BV and use it. i also had to scroll a lot - good advice about keeping pages at 800 and centering them
      Ann
      www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
      www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
      www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

I agree with the above, you should center your pages. All pc's show up your pages differently.
        Sharon Chajin

Comment

Center pages, fix text that runs off. Your buttons, when mouse over, dont really go with your basic site template. Looks like you'll be coming along pretty soon!
          Clan FFA-Halo 2 MLG, Machinima, and Glitch Clan
          http://www.ffaproam.com/

Comment

try using frames check out some o my sites below:

Comment

Here is a problem with frames -

While your site metal insanity has a google ranking of 2 on this page - when I ask for the cached page this is what google gives me:

Your search - cache:http://www.metalinsanity.com/ - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:
              • Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
              • Try different keywords.
              • Try more general keywords.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
              X