Website ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website ready

Hi please check out my site for comment.Thanks.
    www.ourwealthtishealth.com
    Kes
    Kes

Re: Website ready

Kes,
    You have some tweaking to do. This is what I see:

Click image for larger version

Name:	untitledtemp.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	497505
    click to enlarge

Notice the overlapping.
    Also, the blue banner and black text is not easy to read.
    For your NavBar, its best to sue full words not cut them off to fit.
    Please check your grammar and spelling:
    "I knew diddly squat, nothing, a computer pleb Barely able to type." is poor English.
    Almost forgot, you're going to hear it alot - center your pages.

Good luck
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

don't know if you fixed it or not or if it is caused by viewing on other browers (I use IE6) but i didn't see any overlapping - however on second page at bottom poison is mispelled as poisen - needs to be fixed - also as Bill pointed out pages need to be centered - go to page properties and check "center in browser" also set width at 800
      ann
      Ann
      www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
      www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
      www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

sorry but seems you need alot of work. Site seems a bit unorganized. Misplaced text. For your links. Dont have the name run off the button so it isnt visible. Try using shorter words or phrases.
        Clan FFA-Halo 2 MLG, Machinima, and Glitch Clan
        http://www.ffaproam.com/

Comment

I couldn't get past the spelling errors - take your text and run it through a spell checker - and read the text for errors that are words but the wrong words.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi thanks for that. Working on it
            Kes
            Kes

Comment

Hi Bill, How would I prevent the overlapping that you see. It does not show that way on my browser.
              Thanks
              Kes
              Kes

Comment

Hi, come up with a strange problem. I corrected some things that I wanted to on my 2nd page. Then went to cPanel and in File manager deleted the file I wanted to replace. Published the updated page in the normal way. Now when I checked the site the old page is still being displayed (maby the ghosts of my spelling coming back to haunt me?)
                ??
                Thanks
                Kes
                Kes

Comment

You can refresh the page by pressing F5 or refresh button of your IE. IF your page is still not the updated one, try to figure out publish folders, filename and hyperlink of the specific page.. There must be something wrong..
                  What is the url of your second page then? ü

Regards,
                  Es0n™

Comment

You can use the no cache in your meta headings see the tip if you search the forum for no cache.

The other option could be that you don't publish to your correct folder, for example I fill in public_html/nlnieu16 when I publish otherwise the file will end up in the main folder. You can check this out in the different folders with the date and timesetting for each file.

Good luck !

www.jaspernieuwenhuizen.nl
                    www.jaspernieuwenhuizen.com

Comment

I've waited 2 weeks to comment, to see if you have made any corrections or progress -- which you have not.

I agree wholeheartedly with Beth above, inasmuch I cannot even begin to take seriously any website (especially one that is trying to sell a book!) that has such poor use of language, composition, and glaring spelling errors!

I tried to get past that, and did for about 90 seconds, which was just long enough to see the perponderance of technical errors that were mentioned above: overlapping elements, misalignments, centering, etc. Funny, no one commented on the less than complimentary color scheme......for a site that is rather "zen-ish" I am surprised that you use such harsh and disconjunctive colors.....but that's really more of a personal perspective.

The rest of my mentions are not. Are you wiling to address them?

BTW: It is my practice to not view previous comments prior to my own viewing....I prefer to remain unprejudiced. It is only after I posted my reply that I review the comments previous.....that's why sometimes it appears I've arrived to the party late, or appear repetitive.
                      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

All of the above....
                        Sharon Chajin

Comment

Working...
                        X