• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • szinderman
    Corporal

• Nov 2006

Almost ready, what do you think.

I have been fine tuning the site and the forms have been very helpful. One problem I am having is moving the html box (shopping cart) next to the product on the product page. Can anyone help me do this?
    Also please give me your imput on my effort and any suggestions to make the site better.
    Best,
    Steven

• Bethers
    Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Re: Almost ready, what do you think.

lf I could make a suggestion - why don't you put the pictures of the ties in by using the gallery feature. That will also allow you to have all the pictures clickable to the larger size. Do the three next to each other - then put the info underneath each one, like now - and then put the individual html boxes underneath each description.

I can't figure how you put them on the page now - but it's important that you place everything exactly where it goes - and that they are sized correctly, also.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

• SChajin
      Major General

• Jan 2006

I agree with Beth, also your pages need to be centered. Very nice thing you are doing, I wish you much luck.
      Sharon Chajin

Comment

• szinderman
        Corporal

• Nov 2006

Thanks for looking, I did use the gallery feature to put the pictures on the page. They are clickable for me. Is any one having trouble enlarging the pictures?
        I fixed the html cart box by putting them where I wanted them and not previewing them. They don't appear in the proper place on preview but when published, they worked.
        SChajin
        What do you mean by centering the pages?
        Thank you everyone for the imput and all the advice in the fourm.
        Best,
        Steven

Comment

• Bethers
          Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Nevermind the suggestion I made - I was saying to put them in a row so you'd find it easier to put in the add to cart code. Previewing shouldn't effect it - but glad you got it to work

You can center the pages by right clicking on an empty spot on the page and ticking to center. That will make the page center in the user's browser.

I also suggest you add your navigation buttons to all pages. If I want to find out about shipping from the product page - or get back to home - make it easy for me.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

• naghosthunter
            Lieutenant Colonel

• Aug 2006

looks good but as beth stated with ties it would look good, but like the layout of the site, good job.
            "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

• szinderman
              Corporal

• Nov 2006

OK Thank you everyone.
              I centered pages and added navigation buttons to all pages. I am not sure I like the look of the navigation bars on the contact/shipping page. May need to play around with the look. Any suggestions?

Comment

• jimedsmobile@hotmail.com
                Private First Class

• Oct 2006

Originally posted by szinderman
                I have been fine tuning the site and the forms have been very helpful. One problem I am having is moving the html box (shopping cart) next to the product on the product page. Can anyone help me do this?
                Also please give me your imput on my effort and any suggestions to make the site better.
                Best,
                Steven

www.tiesforisrael.com
                looks real good to me

Comment

• Dream Lady
                  Major General

• Feb 2006

Very nice and I love the music! On your nav bar, click on properties and input an alternate text. For example; if you put your mouse over your products page it currently says something like, http://www.tiesforisrael.com/products.html. If you fill in the alternate text with something like, "See Our selection of ties", or whatever you want, I think that would be better.

Also your shipping and find us link points to the same page. You probably already knew that, but just thought I would throw it out there in case you didn't.

Keep up the good work and great cause!
                  Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Working...
                  X