• Show
Clear All

• Completed Site..What do you think?

Suggestion and comments welcome.

http://indianacountytrader.com

Thanks
    OldTimer45

Re: Completed Site..What do you think?

You site looks good, the pages load quickly ... a few more could be centered. The navigation of the site could use just a little work. I found it difficult to get back to your main page of your site, (the home page, or what we call the index page) ... When you go into a county, you have a link for the home page, however, this link goes to the beginning page of your countys. It might be better to have this link called home, link to yoru index page ... I wasn't able to move freely about once inside a county. Consider a link back to your site from your forum, the forum is a great idea, or alternatively you could set the target of the link to the forum to _blank, this will open another page in the users browser, allowing them to return to your site after they browse the forum. There is a bit of underlining where it is not a link, it's best not to unline here as we are accustomed to underlining relating to a link. I notice you do not have the prices of your items in your classifieds, the prices would be a great addition to make, as most won't bother to ask unless the price is there, letting them to decide further on their interest of your items. Just a suggestion. And there are a few other ads for which if you click, you completely leave your site and I don't think you want that, e.g., the dateline .. no way back to your site from there...

Your site look appealing, you've done a good job!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

love the colors but i have to agree with ladyeye.
      "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Agree W/LE tht the link to home should be your home page not the 1st page of the county pages. Also why not make the counties listed in center of page the link instead of the left column that is not very legible? To me they looked like the links more than the others. All in all a nice clean site.
        Choco777
        www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

I also agree with LadyEye. Another thing, instead of just the text links in the left hand column, why not create some buttons instead?
          The shade of green used on the links is hard to see on the background. Other than that, nice site.
          Regards
          Teri

Comment

Did not work for me the pages are opening as blanks so I end up having a lot of pages open instead of going back...also the classifieds needs to be consistent with the banner...visually it lacks continuity...but you have some good ideas...

www.costarock.biz
            www.costa-localbiz.com
            www.the-chill-zone.com
            Spanish Senora

Comment

nice, long load.
              Move the live chat to somewhere better. It seems to be "off the page"
              Clan FFA-Halo 2 MLG, Machinima, and Glitch Clan
              http://www.ffaproam.com/

Comment

Thanks very much for all the suggestions. I have implemented most of them.

Thanks Again for your time.
                This forum and the people in it are very helpful.

OldTimer45

Comment

http://www.delawarecountytrader.com/

from this page ... when you click classified, your link is not working ... looks like it is an email link you may have clicked instead ... just thought I would point this out to you, as I know you would want to fix it ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi,
                    The green links on the left could be the same colour as the header.

Good luck,

PS. Has Amazon got round to giving you a choice of what you can put on the pages in the shop yet?
                    OH! this area could be the same colour as your main site.
                    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                    X