• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steveo1
    Private First Class

• Nov 2006

Published first site

Finally published my first site,and would appreciate any opinions about the site,and and any suggestions from the more experienced members on how to improve it.
    I know I have a long way to go to get exatly what I want,any input would be greatfully recieved.

Steve

• Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: Published first site

Hi!
    We all have to start some ware! The program sounds a good idea for fishing, but is it a game or a reference database for places I might visit.
    Would be nice if it was possible to view on line 1st. Or even some screen shots.
    I’m a bit reluctant to download things I can’t see.
    You mentioned a Forum? . Is this a part of the site or still to come?.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• royb
      Major General

• Mar 2006

Seems like a good idea for anglers.
      I would change your page width to 800.
      Apart from that it looks pretty good.

http://www.plusplace.co.uk
      royb@plusplace.co.uk

Comment

• Steveo1
        Private First Class

• Nov 2006

It is a computer game an must be installed first and the new downloaded files are installed into the program.
        Yes the forum is still in the planning stage.

Steve

www.simfishing.net

Comment

• naghosthunter
          Lieutenant Colonel

• Aug 2006

well for 1 i like the sims fishing for pc nice graphics but i haven't played it in a long time now i am into playing star trek games online.
          "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

• LadyEye
            General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Great job and I think I would agree with Chris .....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

It is often helpful to truly pencil a web plan with as much detail as possible prior to setting it into even a rough format. When using such a plan, it is not only easier, but much more satisfying to effect the small details and precise layouts that best reflect your developed concept.

It is quite a reach to post a "roughed" idea on this Forum with any reasonable expectation for your peers to perfect your vision. Most post as complete a site as possible for final technical review, using the widened perspective to catch potential problems that our myopic focus has missed.

Or....at least that was once the intent of the "Showcase" forum. This request for "ideas" and "suggestions" takes me by surprise. I too, join in to encourage you to continue to define your concept, and anticipate your progress!

Master the baics (rules with regard to overall size, navigation, planes of visual presentation, etc.) and blend your layout to accomodate your content. Format your content with duplicative featurization, and segment your navigation within a logical progression.
              Adding dynamic utilities (you mentioned a forum, and possibly animated areas) adds to the rich metrics-making, but should not take precedence for cohesive content.

For a compressed design and technical short-course, read entire threads on at least 2 pages of this forum....pick up on all the snags and challenges, and the shared solutions. Then, re-think your own layouts within this expanded perspective. It might prove worthwhile to you, rather than responding to limited replies here.....
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• witguides
                Sergeant

• Aug 2006

Fishing Game

I like it! Nice site, I am in to fishing games as well. Great Fun.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
                Australian Game Fishing

Comment

• Andy128
                  Major General

• Dec 2005

Alithos-
                  New to this forum, I cannot help but feel many of these websites are lacking a real structure or organization. Is this because of the complexity of using Blue Voda - No. The BV Web builder is far from complex.

or is it a fascination with colors and moving objects? -I would believe that it is first time web-builders simply exercising newly found creativity and (most important) it boils down to personal preference.

I was under the impression websites should follow closely the form of a book almost, with clear direction (from page navigation and "headings) and good composition. Am I wrong here? What am I missing? - Yes. It is desireable to have an organized site. Keep in mind - this is a web building program that does not require html knowledge and therefore appeals to new website designers. If you stick around you will find that the longer people are here on the forum- their websites go through a transition due to increased knowledge along the way.

I feel as if I am being very critical off the bat, -Maybe a little. But I sense that it is more from not understanding the makeup of the BV program and this forum.

which is something I do not intend to do at all! - Thats good to know. We're all learning at different paces. If you feel you can help in this organization area of web building- feel free to jump in and give some examples and share your knowledge and experiance.

Cheers-

Andy
                  PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
                  X