Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please take a look

Originally posted by Vasili
    Spelling errors create a feeling of the site being "unfinished" or "hurried"....(even mis-spelled your own name on Venue page!)

A bit lopsided layout: either pages lacking any content, or way too full with too many pictures......(sometimes it might be better having only one or two picture areas, and any additional "in rotation").

A slightly larger overall page size might help to give the space required to develop content, and to offer more visual balance....if you stay with the colors chosen.
    Hi Vasili,

Thank you for your input and I corrected the mis-spelling on the "venue" page. You have a good eye.

I cannot locate other spelling mistakes so if you do spot any then please let me know and thanks in advance but keep in mind that we use English spelling as opposed to American.

Best Regards,

Liam

Comment

Originally posted by bill2006
      Lot of work,
      Seems loud and hard to read.

Hi Bill,

Had a look at your websites and was very impressed by the uncluttered and tidyness of all the sites. Just thought I would compliment your work.

I'm limited with the images, colour scheme and in some cases the text for this website so I kniow its not ideal on the home page as the text is hard to read. I did try using the text in the orange colour to see if it would stand out but was worse and the black text wasn't much better so I went with the white text as a lesser of three evils.

Person who owns the site wants the image(as given to me) with the fireworks and also wants the text information.

I placed the text information in "flash" text to fit in the page which is built for an 800 x 600 res screen but will look equally good for all res. screens but which limits me to space to place the text so the "Flash" solution seemed best option.

I realise it is far from perfect so I am open to any and all suggestions of which are gratefully recieved.

Thanks again to all and please keep them coming.

Best Regards,
      Liam.

Comment

Originally posted by beegud2
        Great Site and agree with comments above. As stated before witha few tweaks hereand there you'll havea good site and don't forget to optimize your site with the best possible keywords. Good Luck
        Thank you for your kind comments and I will place the best possible keywords into Meta-Tags.

I am at present tweaking as the comments are coming in and its nice people like yourself that makes this chore a pleasure.
        -Liam.

Comment

Originally posted by scubadiver
          Aloha:
          I like the flash in the title. The lettering in the homepage is difficult to read. The gallery page, and I know you know this, had nothing on it.

The page with just the scroll - it was scrolling too fast. Plus the page needs a photo of some sort on it. I like your colors, they really blend well.

Why are you only open until 6pm? That's when people are just starting to drink. What kind of food do you serve? You could feature a few signature dishes.

I think your site looks good and with a few tweeks it will look great!
          Good luck to you.
          Aloha,

The Bistro is only open until 6.00 pm as then the serious drinking will start.

This is the way Irish Bars run (as opposed to restaurants with a bar licence) not my thing but c'est la vie

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac
            Your Bistro Page needs some work. My opinion is get rid fo that scrolling marquee and just put it on the page. I dont want to sit there and wait for the scroll to tell me what hours etc you are open... Just type it out.. remember K.I.S.S.

Keep
            IT
            Simple
            Stupid..
            and no im not calling you stupid i am just quoting what it stands for. The flash and that looks great, but keep the MEAT of the site for your customer or viewer!

Karen
            Hi Karen,

Hey the S is definitly me, If the cap fits I wear it...lol.

Thank you for your input and to all input as all is truely appreciated and if I have not replied to all the comments above then its because I have replied to many and do not wish to clutter this thread up more than I have so thanks again to all.

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
              Out of curiosity - did you change the size of the image and take it out of proportion? That is often a reason for what we're seeing. Or possilby you took the original and made it too small in pixels for the image. You might be able to clean it up in a photo editing software.
              Hi Bethers,

I recieved all the images from his previous website which was done by somebody else and who left him down badly.

He asked me to do the website but had no images so I had to save the one's from the website. I am in the process of trying to get some good quality snaps where I can re-size with a pix resizer software.

This is the plan,hopefully will work accordingly.

-Liam

Comment

Working...
              X