Confused on Publishing My Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused on Publishing My Site

I uploaded all my pages created in the website builder to the public folder. When I go to my website address: www.dieboldpwr.com I get a bunch of pages and pictures files that are to be in the pages. What next or how is this to end up looking a real website??? I should have 7 pages showing up in my website:

1) Home (index)
    2) Contact
    3) Help Request (Information)
    4) Line Sheet
    5) UPS Seminars
    6) FAQ
    7) RFQ Submission

Confused? You show how to publish and leave me hanging as to what to do next??

Dave

Re: Confused on Publishing My Site

Go back, open each page up one at a time in BV, and "re-title" them using all lower case (you have them all titled AND published in all caps).
    And, lose the "Home" from your thinking....too confusing....keep it simply index and you will be fine.
    >> Additionally: you have spaces between words in your page titles.....you need to use the underscore like_this, or it will never work.
    Re-Save, re-Publish.
    Poof! A website re-appears!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

You say you "uploaded" your pages - did you "publish" them using the icon or file >publish ?
      Ann
      www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
      www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
      www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Originally posted by asirimarco
        You say you "uploaded" your pages - did you "publish" them using the icon or file >publish ?
        Good point, Ann!
        There is still too much confusion rampant with people trying to use the FTP to "publish" Blue Voda Pages...

Always use the PUBLISH feature in Blue Voda to publish your web pages.
        FTP is a utility to transfer file types not supported by Blue Voda ONLY, and should never be used to "publish" your BV-created web pages!

Comment

I agree with the above
          Sharon Chajin

Comment

OK, Dave....now that you have successfully published your site, it's time to go back once more to make corrections to each page.

Did you notice that in the top of your browser it says "Untitled Page" rather than your company name, or any page description? Let's correct that.....

Starting with your index page, open it up in BV, and in a blank area of the page, right-click and then left-click on Page Properties. This is where you need to fill in specific information for each page, not only to properly indetify it for visitors, but also to lay the foundation for Search Engine indexing and ranking.
            Start with the Page Title: Diebold Power Systems - The Reliable Leaders (just a suggestion)
            Then click on the "Meta" tab, and you can begin to fill out the "Keyword" (just be sure that your real Key Words are actually on your page in text or in the titles of your images); "Author" (I personally recommend not using your name, but the Company name instead); and "Page Description".....

Do this for EACH of your pages.....being careful to properly identify the page, tie in your key words to your content, and with a compelling Page Description.....

Re-Save each page! Then, Re-Publish each.

Wasn't so hard after all, was it?

Comment

Interesting.....now your site appears to be in the process of DNS change....(the domain refers to a placeholder splash page instead of the BV site previously up)

Are you purposely "moving" it to another account?

Comment

Hi evryone. I just register my domain and web for next 3 years, then I design my web site. When I want to publish my web site(using the icon) they asked me for the user name and password. I used the one I had from email I received after the registration process but I have error(12014) info-the password is incorrect. What I should do???????

Comment

Are you publishing to the correct IP address?
                  Beth
                  A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

Dave you look like your in good hands with the above statements it may seem confusing but once you get the hang of it then you will see how actually it really is... easy and simple.
                    "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
                      Are you publishing to the correct IP address?
                      I don't know. The IP address on the top of the box(one of the several) is ; 70.85.130.4
                      I have no idea which one I suppose to use...Maciej

Comment

You would have this information in your welcome letter - with you password.
                        Beth
                        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
                          You would have this information in your welcome letter - with you password.
                          OK. Thanks. I had this letter and I just find out I have to wait 24-72 hours to activate my account. Probably after that I will be able to publish my web site. Right now I don't even have acces to the box with IP numbers

Comment

Download Blue Voda once again (it is constantly being updated with new Server info for publishing). You should then be able to find your Server ID in the Publish dialog box, having been populated upon re-loading.

Downloading BV over previous versions does not affect your files, pages, or other elements.....it merely re-populates server lists and other important information.

Comment

yup good thing for updates they help alot latest update was oct 06 good thing i redownloaded it once i reformatted pc.
                              "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Working...
                              X