• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tmt
    Sergeant

• Dec 2006

www.provencesporthorses.com

Would be grateful for comments -especially criticism- of the new site and ways it could be improved. Thanks.
  • bill2006
    Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Re: www.provencesporthorses.com

Hi TMT,
    Nice, here's some ideas:
    -First thing I noticed was that while you can wswitch from English to French, there is button to switch back, I used the browser back button.
    -Nice photo, loaded fine here, consider moving it to the top of the page. "A picture is worth 1000 words" or something like that.
    -Change the page title from "index" to Sport Horses - Provence Sport Horses or similar, make it easy for SE to find you. Same goes for your other pages.
    -Might want to change the photo of the half person riding Dogtanian. The second image is much better but the horse appears to be a different color on the other side - c'est imposible.

Good luck.
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• Bethers
      Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

I think you've done a great job. You probably don't need the left area to be so big - but the one thing I'd like to see- is you getting a small picture of a horse into your header - and maybe having a picture of a horse or horses "above the fold" (meaning before people have to scroll down) - as we really are a visual society - and the horses are beautiful!

You do need to work on the SEO - an example of a good title for the home page would be - Irish Sport Horses for Sale - that same information should lead off your meta description.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

• SChajin
        Major General

• Jan 2006

I agree with the above, you have a really nice start, love the horses. I used to raise Arabs. Good Luck!
        Sharon Chajin

Comment

• tmt
          Sergeant

• Dec 2006

Thanks for your suggestions. I will try to incorporate them in the next few days. Question: to change title, do you mean changing my bvp title, or the url itself, so that, for example http://www. provencesporthorses.com.html becomes http://www.provencesporthorses.com/sport_horses.html

Originally posted by bill2006
          Hi TMT,
          Nice, here's some ideas:
          -First thing I noticed was that while you can wswitch from English to French, there is button to switch back, I used the browser back button.
          -Nice photo, loaded fine here, consider moving it to the top of the page. "A picture is worth 1000 words" or something like that.
          -Change the page title from "index" to Sport Horses - Provence Sport Horses or similar, make it easy for SE to find you. Same goes for your other pages.
          -Might want to change the photo of the half person riding Dogtanian. The second image is much better but the horse appears to be a different color on the other side - c'est imposible.

Good luck.

Comment

• Bethers
            Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Your page title has nothing to do with your url - it's what you see in the blue box on the top of the page when you open a website.

You don't need to change any page NAMES - which is your url - just the titles - which are VERY important for people and search engines. Right click on the blank space on any page and you'll see a place to enter your titles.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Windameer Farm
              Captain

• Dec 2006

Nice site, good action pictures of the horses.

Good luck with you site.
              www.advertise.windameer.com - Add a Banner for your site or sites for free.

www.windameersfleamarket4u.com - Buy Sell Trade with Windameer's Flea Market 4U ( 1 Year Free for BV sites)

www.windameer.com - Come see our Angora Goats.

Comment

• tmt
                Sergeant

• Dec 2006

Thanks for your suggestions, all hinting at a lot more work to come! I have looked at the ebook on SEO you recommend, and will try to improve on that front in the next few days. Could I ask you, though, some quick questions:

Do metatag description and key words have to apply to each page separately? For example, on my Dogtanian page, which at present does not have much text, are my metatags referencing Irish Sport Horses, etc all for naught if there is no actual text on that page mentioning that Dogtanian is an Irish Sport Horse? Would I generally be better off having more text, for example, on this page?

On the title issue, are you suggesting (for the home page) a change (in page properties) to Irish Sport Horses for Sale instead of Provence Sport Horses (which I presently have)? By extension, should my Dogtanian page be Irish Sport Horse for Sale Dogtanian, or Irish Sport Horse Bay Gelding for Sale, or some such? Does it matter that titles for the respective pages are repetitive?

I assume you are not talking about changing the URLs, or am I mistaken? Should I change to http://provencesporthorses.com/irish...seforsale.html as a home page (as opposed to http://provencesporthorses.com.html which I have at present)?

The SEO ebook makes reference to h tags for headlines, and recommends them. What is this all about? Is this relevant to BV?

Thanks

tmt

Originally posted by Bethers
                I think you've done a great job. You probably don't need the left area to be so big - but the one thing I'd like to see- is you getting a small picture of a horse into your header - and maybe having a picture of a horse or horses "above the fold" (meaning before people have to scroll down) - as we really are a visual society - and the horses are beautiful!

You do need to work on the SEO - an example of a good title for the home page would be - Irish Sport Horses for Sale - that same information should lead off your meta description.

Comment

Working...
                X