Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairly Sterling effort I think...

Hey all,

First of all happy christmas and new year! don't get too drunk or spend too much money.

I have made afew templates and modified them to look different for my website. Please have a look at my main website for now http://www.dwat.co.nz/ which is not finished yet, i have been on holiday!
    I have afew sub-domains which do different things. the main ones I have made are:
    http://www.vodafoneconversionmonth.dwat.co.nz/ which is simply a free-to-use service but only for New Zealanders.
    My next main one is http://www.hbrc.dwat.co.nz/ being made for my rowing club, but this template is very scratchy and images are not what they should be yet. My excuse is that i train too much ^^.

Feel free to leave advice, I wish to hear any comment but nothing personal please!

Thanks again,
    Daniel W.
    DWAT
    New Zealand
    Tyres and Romantic Books

Re: Fairly Sterling effort I think...

Hi Daniel,

I think they all look very nice, the black kind of hurts my eyes a little. You put a lot of work into your sites and it shows.

Happy Holiday to you as well.
    Sharon Chajin

Comment

all looks good but some of your babies are not working out of all the links you have there is only 1 that was created with bluevoda what did you use for others? soholaunch from bv or hosted some where else?

i only give my opinions on websites that were created with bluevoda, but the one made from bluevoda website builder looks good.
      "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Like Jim, I was a bit confused with the styles vs. hosts thing.

Your main pages reflect your logistical plan, but I feel the colors are less than effective with reading/searching (as a more technical site, you have a lot of info to cover, and the darker tones with such high contrast are just more difficult than necessary), but that is my personal opinion......
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi Vasili, Naghosthunter and Schajin.

Thanks for the coments! Much apreciated.

I use Dreamweaver, as it has much easier to use systems for templates etc. The whole site is not finished so will not be very user friendly yet!

I am ofcourse on a Philips LCD Monitor so everything looks perfect, I should really use an older CRT monitor to see what everything looks like!

naghosthunter I do not understand what you mean by "out of all the links you have there is only 1 that was created with bluevoda what did you use for others? soholaunch from bv or hosted some where else?"
          The websites are hosted on Blue Voda servers, but only one domain http://www.redbackreeds.com can be hosted on bv servers as .co.nz domain registrar system will not allow bv to host the domain name!

How can you tell so easily what the page was made using?

Vasili, thanks for the colour advise and will be looking in to it later. Since the site uses the same Images folder most of the time, it will not be hard to change the colour schemes! Thanks alot for your input

Happy new year!
          Tyres and Romantic Books

Comment

QUOTE: How can you tell so easily what the page was made using?

Good question, abcdme how can one tell,
            Ok heres the first lesson called "view source" go to my site on this page due to i have no right click www.naghosthunters.com/ltu12.php right click on background, look for "view source", then it will show everything in a text format, you will see this if site was created by bluevoda software because bluevoda tags it...<META name="GENERATOR" content="Created by BlueVoda">

If a site was created by bluevoda that will be there, as well as soholaunch. if it hasn't then it will not show at all.

You have now passed the course in VS 101 grade A. :)

Have a wonderful and safe new years to all.
            "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Hi, not sure if its my browser, (firefox) but on all of the templates I get the title half hidden “DWAT – Home/Vodafone Conversion Month/ Page Title”
              These are half covered behind the main area of the page.

Goog luck.
              PS, Have to agree with the others on the colours. I personally like them! but a bit to dark for the subject.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I think they all look good , I agree the black is a bit hard on my eyes. your links over lap in the header in my browser. that is on all 3 sites.

Have a good new year
                www.advertise.windameer.com - Add a Banner for your site or sites for free.

www.windameersfleamarket4u.com - Buy Sell Trade with Windameer's Flea Market 4U ( 1 Year Free for BV sites)

www.windameer.com - Come see our Angora Goats.

Comment

Working...
                X