• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Windameer Farm
    Captain

• Dec 2006

Frist attempt at a web site please take a look

Hello and Merry Christmas.

This is my frist atempt on a web site. I am a pore speller and will take no offence on corections :). I'm haveing trouble with one link that i know of it's the last picture on the does page, if you can help that would be great. Please let me know what you think about my site thank you hope to hear from you.

Jolen

www.advertise.windameer.com - Add a Banner for your site or sites for free.

www.windameersfleamarket4u.com - Buy Sell Trade with Windameer's Flea Market 4U ( 1 Year Free for BV sites)

www.windameer.com - Come see our Angora Goats.

• karel
    Brigadier General

• Feb 2006

Re: Frist attempt at a web site please take a look

Firstly there are some obvious spelling mistakes on the front page. You need to put it through spell checker as I have only looked at the home page. Mistakes are in red. Also I had no idea that there was any links on the home page, I would suggest putting them down the side or using a menu bar, as being in a horizonal line it is very hard to know they are there.

Windameer Farm

Windameer Farm is a small famialy farm in westren new york

We raise

Registred Colored Angora Goat,

and have a small herd of sheep

www.anxietynomore.co.uk
    The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
    Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
    Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

• Windameer Farm
      Captain

• Dec 2006

Originally posted by karel
      Firstly there are some obvious spelling mistakes on the front page. You need to put it through spell checker as I have only looked at the home page. Mistakes are in red. Also I had no idea that there was any links on the home page, I would suggest putting them down the side or using a menu bar, as being in a horizonal line it is very hard to know they are there.

Windameer Farm

Windameer Farm is a small famialy farm in westren new york

We raise

and have a small herd of sheep

thank you for the addvice i have fixed the spelling and highlighted the linked in the same colors i personaly like them where they are but please take a look again and see if it's more pleaseing. thank you again .

Jolen

www.windameersfleamarket4u.com - Buy Sell Trade with Windameer's Flea Market 4U ( 1 Year Free for BV sites)

Comment

• bill2006
        Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Jolen,
        Nice work,
        -Karel is right, definitely suggest you write everything first in Word or a program with a spell checker. NavBar: Arge_ment, haulling, too many mistakes makes your site look bad.
        -The Navbar is bunched togther, spread it out a bit. Click on properties and give it more space.
        -Your pages are titled but could use more detail, example "Angora Goats - Windameer Farms"

Good luck with the farm!
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• Windameer Farm
          Captain

• Dec 2006

Originally posted by bill2006
          Jolen,
          Nice work,
          -Karel is right, definitely suggest you write everything first in Word or a program with a spell checker. NavBar: Arge_ment, haulling, too many mistakes makes your site look bad.
          -The Navbar is bunched togther, spread it out a bit. Click on properties and give it more space.
          -Your pages are titled but could use more detail, example "Angora Goats - Windameer Farms"

Good luck with the farm!
          Thank you Bill I just got done copy and pasting to a word programe oto corect it all i think it's done right now. Did you meen to do the Navbar like i changed it to on the home page?

Jolen

Comment

• bill2006
            Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Yes, that helps users identify the NavBar menu.
            Bill
            www.blueearthtea.com
            www.ftaaconsulting.com
            www.iaval.com
            www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• SChajin
              Major General

• Jan 2006

Hi Jolen,

You have a little work to do on your family page, plese check your spelling and work on you nav buttons. You are off to a good start.
              Sharon Chajin

Comment

• mark89
                Sergeant

• May 2006

Hi Jolen
                I like your website for be your first attempt you did great just follow there advice and it will turn out even better.
                Thank you
                Maggie's Enterprise
                Maggie's Gift Shop

Comment

• Windameer Farm
                  Captain

• Dec 2006

Originally posted by SChajin
                  Hi Jolen,

You have a little work to do on your family page, plese check your spelling and work on you nav buttons. You are off to a good start.
                  I have checked the spelling may i ask what and where it is? I just got done redoing all the Nav. Thank you for letign me know. what wouldl you sujest i do on the family page?

Comment

• Windameer Farm
                    Captain

• Dec 2006

Originally posted by mark89
                    Hi Jolen
                    I like your website for be your first attempt you did great just follow there advice and it will turn out even better.
                    Thank you i'm working on it. every time someone mentions something i go to it an start Just got done with the nav. on all the pages.

Comment

• Windameer Farm
                      Captain

• Dec 2006

Hello every one,

I'm still having trouble with the one pic link on the does page pic of peony i have tried deleating the file and uploading again still isn't working. I also need help with seting up a pay pal cart on my pruduct page. if anyone can help please do . if i have added this to the wrong form i'm sorry.

Jolen

Comment

• bill2006
                        Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Jolen, have you already signed up with PayPal? There is a code that you will need to copy into your product page (html).
                        Where is the pic you are having trouble with? You might wnat to refresh your PC F5 several tiems and check it again.
                        Bill
                        www.blueearthtea.com
                        www.ftaaconsulting.com
                        www.iaval.com
                        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• Windameer Farm
                          Captain

• Dec 2006

Originally posted by bill2006
                          Jolen, have you already signed up with PayPal? There is a code that you will need to copy into your product page (html).
                          Where is the pic you are having trouble with? You might wnat to refresh your PC F5 several tiems and check it again.
                          Yes i have had a pay pal account for years now. haveing trouble seting up the page for it al that's why it's black lol. the picture is of the white goat at the bottom of the doe page on the right side the picttures on the animal pages are linked to info about them.

finaly got the picture link working .

Comment

• naghosthunter
                            Lieutenant Colonel

• Aug 2006

looks good as far as i can see still a few spelling errors i use ispell checker its a free program or if you was to write something here on post you will see ABC with a check click on that and if you don't have ispell it will send you to the place to download it once you install it you will need to shut down all explorers for it to take effect then all you have to do is highlight ALL words in preview and right click go to ispell Check and it will check it all out for you and you will see your misspelled words.
                            "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

• bill2006
                              Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Jolen:
                              Correct this: "Hauling can be arranged through my hauler if you need this please ask for a Quote." Also: in your NavBar "Agreement" double ee.
                              Not sure where you want the PayPal code to go.
                              Bill
                              www.blueearthtea.com
                              www.ftaaconsulting.com
                              www.iaval.com
                              www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Working...
                              X