• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Salmon
    Private

• Nov 2006

Feedback on new site welcome

Hello All,
    I recently completed designing a website for the private entrepreneurial business that my husband and I manage. I would really appreciate some feedback from those with the time to do so...

Thank you to the Vodahost team for a superbly user-friendly and design-friendly package - and for continual support, upgrades and information. I have not yet mastered the Advanced Contact Form - but am working steadily on it - hope to have that up and running by the new year!

www.solsurge.com

Regards,
    Samantha Pienaar (Western Cape, South Africa)
  • Windameer Farm
    Captain

• Dec 2006

Re: Feedback on new site welcome

Hello and welcome to Voda Host. Looks like you title and links are over lapping. The about link don’t go anywhere. I’m new here also so I’m sure if therers more others will let you know.
    www.advertise.windameer.com - Add a Banner for your site or sites for free.

www.windameersfleamarket4u.com - Buy Sell Trade with Windameer's Flea Market 4U ( 1 Year Free for BV sites)

www.windameer.com - Come see our Angora Goats.

Comment

• naghosthunter
      Lieutenant Colonel

• Aug 2006

Welcome to the community your site look great all links seems to be in order spell check seems to be excellent no errors you've done a great job.
      "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

• beebrothers
        Captain

• Dec 2006

nice site, lots to read, ditto above the about link needs attention..
        a lot of info to read..

looks good
        http://www.beebrothers.org

Success is not a doorway. It is a staircase.

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

In many of your text fields, your last line appears as "line and a half spacing" since you did not add at least one extra "space" after your last typed character, like this._ >> Red underscore merely shown as to indicate adding an empty "space"
          If you just hit spacebar once after the last period or whatever character, the textflow automatically will adjust to the text box side margins.....without it, it will "reform" to the bottom margin, falsely appearing as 1.5 linespacing.

I'm not a fan of your hightlighted emphasized text when it is not linked to a page or section. Becoming ever moreso brief or concise will allow words to naturally rise, and thus the urge to compose very precisely.

As with any book, your Main Page is an index (not the Foreword) .....and should be your opportunity to pique the interest of the visitor, not explain everything. With this in mind, take another look at what material you are actually presenting, and how you define your navigation of interest.

Otherwise, it looks quite nice.
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• bill2006
            Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Nice site,
            Good color combination, relaxing.
            Ditto above, you appear slightly off center, might want to review page width and that 'center in browser' is checked.
            Bill
            www.blueearthtea.com
            www.ftaaconsulting.com
            www.iaval.com
            www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• Bethers
              Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

I agree on the colors. However, even though this is a subject I'm interested in - the way it's written, I simply can't read it. If I wanted a book, I'd buy it and read at my leisure. If some of these were articles that you link to on other pages - maybe I'd read the interesting ones. However, I was bored and just kept seeing a sea of more text before my eyes. The only text that I could read were the little blurbs - and those I liked.

What do you want this site to do for you? Are you hoping to generate business? Sales? If so, people finding the page aren't going to know what it's about easily - so will click off before finding out (The average person spends less than 8 seconds on a website - and I think that's a high figure). But that's how long they give you to show that you have what they searched for. You need to use the tools available to you to find out what terms your potential customers/clients will use to find you - NOT the words you like or want to use because they sound good. Then, those are the words you need to use. Why? Because they will recognize them.

There are a very small amount of people searching for bioenergitics, but I predict that's a good keyword and it will increase. However, many of those searching are looking for insurance, telportation, detoxification - I'm not sure if any of those fall into what you are doing.

There is an even smaller amount of searches for metascape and no one is searching for paterneering. Now, that doesn't mean not to use those terms - but what terms would people use that would bring them to you to learn all this? You need to use the terms people know so they can find you.

You need to work on your page titles - they need to use the words that people are using to find you - and still be meaningful for the pages they are on. All the pages also should have a headline - so that in the 5-8 seconds you have to capture interest - they at least see that you are about what they're looking for.

And you have to write all this in a manner to create interest. Online - the short paragraphs and blurbs will help with that. As you have on the left with a continued link - much of the page could be done that way - and make sure that what is on the home page is interesting - creates interest - keeps interest.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Thanks, Beth, for expounding on my comments.....sometimes it needs to be spelled out once and for all.

I guess I have a habit of commenting "referentially" within an understanding that everyone is on the same page as I am....
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Bethers
                  Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Yep, I agreed with everything you said, Vasili and had a couple SEO points to make, too! :)
                  Beth
                  A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Salmon
                    Private

• Nov 2006

Hello All,
                    Thanks for taking the time to give honest and detailed feedback for www.solsurge.com. Yes, much to read - but in a sense that is what we are selling - information. And more significantly, the originator(s) of the information. We are still a highly localised business - not yet aiming to reach a worldwide market (which may seem kind of weird for the WWW!) - so the website is to provide current and potential close-at-hand customers (certainly not in the millions) with more information on the company and its ideology. Your advice is valid for the long-run though, and I will keep it in mind, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X