• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • abdank
    Corporal

• Dec 2006

My first step....

I just start create my web site for my new business which I will register in January. I need your feedback what would you like to see as a customer who need a help with any home project, remodeling etc. It is only welcome page the links does not work yet. Thanks, Happy New Year, Maciej.
    www.pregowskidesigns.com
  • naghosthunter
    Lieutenant Colonel

• Aug 2006

Re: My first step....

Well firstly beware, with all of us we have started out like yourself and now as we pulled together the inputs our sites has been made appeasing to the eyes, taste, and some not all SE'S. you will get some constructive criticism and alot of feedback to help you put this thing to good use. now for your first feedback.

1 your site looks pretty good needs some tweaking
    2 from my computer you have everything kinda large try reducing the sizes on your text, nav buttons, page check to see if your page is centered by going to bv software, pull up your page, right click on page go to property, then you will see at that point you can center the page as well as make it 800 x 600 but mainly you don't won't the page to slide to right the way it is now.

3 Try another nav button or reduce the text to simple writing it trails off the nav button.
    4 this is all i can say for now i will let bethers, ladyeye, bill2006, and other BlueVoda Gods give you the rest :)

take there advice and follow through then your site will look totally awesome in the end.
    "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

• abdank
      Corporal

• Dec 2006

Thanks a lot . I will take your advice and will see what happen, Maciej
      www.pregowskidesigns.com

Comment

• bill2006
        Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Maciej,
        Nice start, time to work on the details.
        -Ditto what Jim indicated, your pages need to be made smaller. You will find that most everyone objects to any page over 800, at most you can go to 1024, users tend to lose interest when they have to use the horizontal scroll. No problem with the vertical.
        -There seems to be some overlapping "Coming...tuned" in red over "remodeling (?)"
        -Consider "ph" before the telephone number, not every user is in the USA.
        -The background is nice, a bit to bright at the top. If you can, tweak it with Photoshop or Paint.Net.
        -The NAvBar, needs work, some of the text is too large and you might want to add text so when you mouse over a better description shows.
        -Same goes for page titles: instead of yourdomain.com add, fr example, "home projects" "handyman" or something alusive to the web site.
        -NavBar seems to have several different topics from projects to volleyball, might want to consider grouping these and opening new menu bars. This would also make it easier to navigate (bit lengthy now).

Good luck.
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• Ornametals
          Master Sergeant

• Jan 2007

Hey everyone! This is my first post and my first attempt at building my own web site. I can't believe how easy it was to put together. I am a artist/welder/ironworker but have 20 years of graphic design experience before going into the ornamental iron work business. Let me know what you think, I love the feed back, reading other posts has already helped me Thanks, Tom at Ornametals
          www.ornametals1.com

Comment

• naghosthunter
            Lieutenant Colonel

• Aug 2006

Ornamentals please start your topic as new so that your project doe's not interfere with other post this topic is for now Abdank
            please make your own separate topic in lobby and we will review it.
            "Jim"

Comment

• Ornametals
              Master Sergeant

• Jan 2007

Will do!, sorry.

Comment

• naghosthunter
                Lieutenant Colonel

• Aug 2006

Abdank please take a look this is for your reference don't know what you used as nav buttons but these are temps i placed for you to see. notice neater and no slide bar to move to the right just scroll up and down. also look on very top of your browser it says your name not .com

will keep it on until you say OK i seen it then i can remove it.
                "Jim"

Comment

• abdank
                  Corporal

• Dec 2006

Ech, there is so many thinks I need to know. How you do the moving text inside the frame? How you can compress everything so when you post the web site , it will open very quick. How this people, who want to charge you a thousands of $ , optimalizing the web site so the site lounch quick and also is on the top of the browsers, and what I should do to make sure, most of the browsers (Google, Yahoo, etc..) will recognize my web site. Also, what my friend mention to me, on his web site the logo and link buttons are stay always on the screen only the main part move to the next page, which this way save a lot of kb/mb. Thanks for helping me, I hope after a few weeks my web site will look great, can't wait, Maciej

Comment

• naghosthunter
                    Lieutenant Colonel

• Aug 2006

Maciej, here place this code into your page to do this open bluevoda software, then open your page or pages, right click and go to page html, then click on the inside body tag, then place this code in it ,click ok, then save your page or pages then publish, then text moves without background moving, as for your background i resized it to 1024 x 768, your original on your site i believe was 400 x something, as for nav buttons they need to be on each page you create so that people can go to the pages you have listed on the nav buttons, also alot of people likes to do the google ads thing thinking that will get them in search engines quicker it is not so, all it does is clutter your website, so i wouldn't recommend it i don't use it even on my stores. before getting into search engines make sure your spelling is correct on all pages, you have good keywords that describes your website, the size of your site is good a lot of people don't like scrolling to right so make it the way i have it as in the link i placed to show you. and if i'm missing something bethers and the rest can give you more help.

here is the code for you to place follow the steps i presented and you do fine.

<BODY background="Background203.jpg" bgproperties="fixed"

i will check your site to see the progress you've done.
                    Jim
                    "Jim"

Comment

• abdank
                      Corporal

• Dec 2006

Thanks Jim.
                      Also I forget ask you how I can get my email address which I like to use only for business such as pregowskidesign@pregowskidesign.com or something simular, Maciej.

Comment

• naghosthunter
                        Lieutenant Colonel

• Aug 2006

with cpanel or our website email address i use mail2web to check it. it's free no signup or anything and you can use it ot send as well as recieve email.
                        "Jim"

Comment

• naghosthunter
                          Lieutenant Colonel

• Aug 2006

here is a code you can use i have set it up so that all you do is place it within your website.

<a href="mailto:pregowskidesign@pregowskidesign.com"> CONTACT US</a>
                          this will show the contact us as a link and once clicked on it will open up there email provider be it aol,outlook, etc.

remove your email that is currently on your website and replace with this code and place it at bottom anywhere you want it actually
                          "Jim"

Comment

• abdank
                            Corporal

• Dec 2006

HI.
                            Sorry I do not respond for a while, my computer had a problem. There is a few new thinks. First of all, I register my new business "Pregowski Home Remodeling,LLC" , so, after a long disscutions with my friends we decided to changed the name of my business and logo and I want to change the domain name to PHR.com which will be much easier to remember. Than I like to set up the new email address as PHR@PHR.com. I read your previous info but my heavy head do not get it what exactly I have to do. Would you please look again on my web site and help me make all this changes, thanks, Maciej

Comment

• choco777
                              Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Can't open any links. Name still same?? links looked o.k.
                              Choco777
                              www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Working...
                              X