• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ornametals
    Master Sergeant

• Jan 2007

Just Published

Hope I'm in the right place for a web site review. I'm still learning where everything is. I'm new to BV but have found it incredible! This is my first attempt at building a web site and the Blue Voda software has made it very "User Friendly". If I'm not in the right place for a review, let me know.
    Thanks in advance, Tom at Ornametals
    www.ornametals1.com
  • Sadain
    Major

• Mar 2006

Re: Just Published

your phone number contact info is really hard to see....

Comment

• Sadain
      Major

• Mar 2006

When you create a link if you go to styles you can change the colors of the link.

Comment

• Ornametals
        Master Sergeant

• Jan 2007

I agree. Was wondering how to do that, thanks

Comment

• Sadain
          Major

• Mar 2006

ahh, much better!

Comment

• Ornametals
            Master Sergeant

• Jan 2007

Thanks. By the way, I would like to include some of that smoke behind my logo? Is there a place to download it?

Comment

• Bethers
              Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

I agree - the background for the phone number and contact info makes that almost impossible to read - and therefore might keep you from getting the calls I'm sure you want.

Then go into your page properties and put proper titles to the pages - like instead of home - you want this to have words someone might search for you with - maybe Ornamental Iron Works, Sculptures, Art by Orna Metals.

Do similar with each page.

Then delete out your keywords - and ONLY put in words that are USED on THAT page. They are not the keywords to that page if you haven't used them.

Then delete your description - which should be a short little blurb in sentences about your business - again using your main keywords - but should not be a list of words.

Do each page - and the title, keywords and description for each page should be completely different - as each page is different.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Sadain
                Major

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by Ornametals
                Thanks. By the way, I would like to include some of that smoke behind my logo? Is there a place to download it?
                It comes with the Flash Effect Maker pro....

suppose I could make you one....

Comment

• Ornametals
                  Master Sergeant

• Jan 2007

Bethers, thanks foe the feed back will make those changes. I used the key word digger for my key words, so....? Thought I was following the traing vid.
                  Hey sadain, thanks for the offer. Would love a copy if it's not to much trouble. I think it would add the needed heat.

Comment

• Sadain
                    Major

• Mar 2006

here just right click and save as you'll have to unzip it then in BV go to the FLASH button and add it, you can resize it to your desire...

http://www.exstazjianjsadian.com/sadianfileserver/omwebbanner.zip

Comment

• naghosthunter
                      Lieutenant Colonel

• Aug 2006

your site looks good for a start sorry for seeming rude i apologize if i offended you earlier but it was intended with no malice or harm.
                      as for the smoke coming off the flames will require javascript and trust me you are better off without it ...reason why i had on my site fog effect to give my site a more sinister or spooky effect but it worked but could not cover entire page while scrolling so the java moved with scroll so i removed it cost me 30.00 usd and now i am stuck with it. also it made my site lag dearly.

you will get great reviews on your site from others as well as constructed criticism so don't be offended use the information they give you and your site will look great.
                      "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

• Sadain
                        Major

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by naghosthunter
                        as for the smoke coming off the flames will require javascript and trust me you are better off without it ...
                        This is a flash banner, not Java.... its very different. Flash works fine...

Comment

• Ornametals
                          Master Sergeant

• Jan 2007

Thanks guys. I know my site will be evolving into something totally different by the time I'm done, which will be never! But I'm glad to see so many willing to help. Thanks for the input and I look forward to more.

Comment

• Ornametals
                            Master Sergeant

• Jan 2007

I'm hesitant about removing words from my key words, aren't they used to direct people to your site. Weather or not the actual words are on that page or not, I do all of them, and feel that if I were to actually put them on my page I would be writing a book? How can I get the same effect without being wordy?

Comment

• naghosthunter
                              Lieutenant Colonel

• Aug 2006

Usually in se's the keywords are basically whats on your main page what you have written etc like my site it pertains to paranormal investigations i cannot use TAPS to try and gain people to come to my site they will cal it decieving due to not affiliated with TAPS. but others may tell you differently so do as you must.

on each page try to use your written text as keywords for that page etc this way by the time you complete your site you will have keywords for the entire site that was helped out by other pages keywords.
                              "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Working...
                              X