• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bethers
    Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Re: Just Published

The meta keywords are not used to direct anyone to your page. In fact, most se's don't even look at them anymore because of how they are mis-used, but you'll find a better chance of them hurting you instead because of mis-use. No amount of spam - and putting in keywords that you don't use on the page is spam - is ever going to really help you.

As Jim has stated, each page should be using different words and being optimized for the different words on that page. But, again - don't just throw in words in a haphazard fashion - they have to fit on the page, flow correctly.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Dream Lady
      Major General

• Feb 2006

Looking good! You do great work. In addition to all that Beth tells you (she knows her stuff!!,,, I think I would just make sure that the pictures you take really highlight your excellent work. The pic's you have are good, but I would also like to see a little description of what I'm looking at. That's me though. How will you be using your website? Are you hoping to drum up business from that, or just want an informational site for your customers to go to. There's a phrase, I've picked up around here in Vodaland (***** I think) that I use almost daily now..."Plan your work, and then work your Plan." Just something I thought I would share with you. Keep up the good work.
      Cindy Smentowski

Comment

• Windameer Farm
        Captain

• Dec 2006

Your site looks great to me. you have some very nice work on display. good luck with you site.

Thanks for helping Beth. I have taken you advice from here and put it to my site :)
        www.advertise.windameer.com - Add a Banner for your site or sites for free.

www.windameersfleamarket4u.com - Buy Sell Trade with Windameer's Flea Market 4U ( 1 Year Free for BV sites)

www.windameer.com - Come see our Angora Goats.

Comment

• Andy128
          Major General

• Dec 2005

Ornamentals-
          TRUST ME- when Beth speaks regarding keywords, meta tags, descriptions and search engine optimisation - it is like words being spoken from the burning bush! LOL - But seriously, she knows her stuff. Trust her and you will do just fine. She helped me out and I have had fantastic results.

The site looks great. Agree with the phone number color stuff.

Cheers-

Andy
          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• Ornametals
            Master Sergeant

• Jan 2007

On Key Words, should I just paste and copy all words that are on that particular page or include words from entire site? As for the photos, I'm in the process of taking better picts. Is there a certain resolution I should be exporting my gifs at? Would also like to have smaller picts that expand to larger ones when clicked on,. Any help on that would be great. And thanks again to everyone, this site is great!

Comment

• Sadain
              Major

• Mar 2006

Go to page properties in BV and type in Key Words like in the pic below:

Comment

• Windameer Farm
                Captain

• Dec 2006

Originally posted by Ornametals
                On Key Words, should I just paste and copy all words that are on that particular page or include words from entire site? As for the photos, I'm in the process of taking better picts. Is there a certain resolution I should be exporting my gifs at? Would also like to have smaller picts that expand to larger ones when clicked on,. Any help on that would be great. And thanks again to everyone, this site is great!

I put all mine at 600 or lower pix so they load ok for the web site. but i'm not sure on if that's right. to make it smaller I use Jasc paint shop pro. you resize it save as "renamed" so you have your full size one still. then you add it to your page. add the full size to another page by it's self. then you set the link for the small one to the big one.

Good luck with your site it's looking great and I love your product.

www.windameersfleamarket4u.com - Buy Sell Trade with Windameer's Flea Market 4U ( 1 Year Free for BV sites)

Comment

• Ornametals
                  Master Sergeant

• Jan 2007

Thanks guys, I'll do my homework & rework my meta tags (what exactly is a "Meta-Tag" anyway). Hope I got this right windameer, from what your post said, I'm just adding another page for each small pict with a link to the big pict page? Sounds pretty easy, I'll give it a shot. Thanks Everyone, Tom

Comment

• Windameer Farm
                    Captain

• Dec 2006

Thanks guys, I'll do my homework & rework my meta tags (what exactly is a "Meta-Tag" anyway). Hope I got this right windameer, from what your post said, I'm just adding another page for each small pict with a link to the big pict page? Sounds pretty easy, I'll give it a shot. Thanks Everyone, Tom
                    You want to link from the small on your main site or pages to a large one by it's self on a page. i didn't do that but if you go here and click the link Name under the picture you'll understand i think.

Comment

• Ornametals
                      Master Sergeant

• Jan 2007

Thanks Jolen, take a look now, I think I got it. BTW, love your site I don't have any goats (yet) but 7 dogs 4 cats and 2 miniture horses is quite enough for the time being.

Comment

• Ornametals
                        Master Sergeant

• Jan 2007

Have another question about key words, some said it should not be ramdom words? If you look at my sites gallery picts, are the key words set up right? And I was wondering, how do you see what my meta tags are anyway? I try on the site but no luck.
                        Also was wondering how I can track hits on my site.

Comment

• Bethers

• Feb 2006

Ornametals - why don't you read this: Beginning SEO for some help on the meta.

But, no ALL the words on your page are NOT your keywords. You really cannot optimize a single page for more than 3-5 keyword phrases and do it well. Sometimes I only try for a single keyword phrase on a page.

The keywords have to be chosen by doing research - you can't just decide this is a good word LOL - cuz you deciding it doesn't necessarily mean anyone else agrees with you - and you then will be optimized perfectly for that word - and get no traffic by using it.

Read that downloadable SEO book - then ask me questions.
                          Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                          SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Ornametals
                            Master Sergeant

• Jan 2007

I'll read it again. Not sure what some of the terms are (h-tag, title tag, ect) where do they go?, remember I'm new to this, kinda like learning a new language. Thanks for the help.

Comment

• Windameer Farm
                              Captain

• Dec 2006

Thanks Jolen, take a look now, I think I got it. BTW, love your site I don't have any goats (yet) but 7 dogs 4 cats and 2 miniture horses is quite enough for the time being.
                              Tom,
                              They work great, i would think about centerign them all and maybe adding a descrition on thhe page plus a back button.
                              thank you about the site but i have alot more animals too lol.
                              I also have 1 dog about 10 cats, 1 miniature horse, 4 ponies, 2 hens, 1 rooster, and a duck if I was to count them all lol. The site is just for the ones I get fiber from to sell if I was to add them all in it would get confusing lol.

Jolen

Comment

• Bethers

• Feb 2006

Tom,
                                I'll be happy to explain some of them.

An h tag is used to let the se's know that something is a headline. You can put headlines on the page without them - but this is like a heads up to them. Of course, using it properly is important.

The title is what shows on the blue bar at the very top of every page you open on the web. If you look up now, it will have the name of your post here and the category it's in - that's how this forum is set up to show titles. You need the titles on your pages to be the best keywords for each individual page.

And, yep, it IS a new language!
                                Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                                SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                                X