• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ornametals
    Master Sergeant

• Jan 2007

Re: Just Published

Up for Review, again! If anyone could review my site ornametals1.com, I would like some feedback on: are my titles ok now?, are my meta tags right?, (& how do you know!!!), I'm still not sure if i have my title in an H-tag? I've read Beth's book, but I'm still not sure about placement on the page. Does it matter where the title is?
    I noticed a certain site that came up first to third on several serches (www.crosscustomworks.com), but the amount of text on his page was unbelievable! is this what I have to do to get noticed on the web?

Comment

• Ornametals
      Master Sergeant

• Jan 2007

I can't find the post I just made so I'll ask again. I have republished my site with changes (ornametals1.com) and would love for some feedback. I'm still not sure if I put the title in an H-tag format? or even how! But I would like to know if there are any other changes that would help make my site easyier to find. Also, I noticed that when doing searches for my type of products, Gates mainly, that a certain site (www.crosscustomworks.com) is up at the top alot. this is a very nice site but, it is full of text. Is this what you have to do to get found? Thanks in advance, Tom.

Comment

• Bethers
        Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Actually, you can expect that site to eventually be totally banned by google - as they are spamming big, big time. It starts out as a nice site - but ruins it - and, while it's helping them now - it will hurt them in the long run.

Now, on your site - you are not using an h1 - but worse than that - you took your headline and put it in so search engines can't even read it - you need that line to be in text that is readable - not an image. And I actually think the blue/red clashes with the rest of the page anyway- so do that line in text - preferably use an html box - and make the coloring fit the rest of the page and forget the fancy stuff for it. Your headline HAS to be readable to all.

If you want that line of text up on the top - make each of those words clickable to a page about them - and put them in this fashion:
        Driveway Gates | Entry and Entrance Gates | etc - and if you don't have a page on them - then you shouldn't be using them like this.

Don't use "dirty" tactics to get the job done. It might help short term - but not long term.

I do suggest you'd be smart to make a page on each of the types of gates - with info on your gates and pictures of that style there. Makes a lot more sense and I'd prefer it if I was looking for one - rather than having to traverse through a gallery of them all.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Ornametals
          Master Sergeant

• Jan 2007

Thanks Beth, on the h1, how and where does it go. I don't see anything in BV about adding one. I will change my headline to text, should it be at the very top? Does it matter? As for the line at the top, almost every site in the top ten searches had something like that. I was just trying to compete! I will be making separate pages for the styles of gates, fire screens, etc. but I am in the process of gathering those pictures right now. Thanks again for all your help, Tom.

Comment

• Bethers

• Feb 2006

Where the headline is now is a good location. To use the h1 tag, you need to put it in using an html box.

Your text will be entered similar to this:
            <center><h1> <font face="comic sans ms" size="4"> Your Headline Here </font></h1></center>
            Make sure you input the font you want, the size you want, even the color you want, if necessary.
            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

• wiggytuftuk
              Second Lieutenant

• Jan 2006

Hi Tom,
              Very nice work,both the website and your products,keep it up.Gad to see you got your smoke.
              regards
              Jay
              www.orlandomouseworld.com

Comment

• Ornametals
                Master Sergeant

• Jan 2007

Thank you Beth, Think I got it. Can't seem to change the color, how do I change the color?
                I was also wondering about adding a counter, but I don't want it visable to anyone but me. Is this possible?

Comment

• Ornametals
                  Master Sergeant

• Jan 2007

Thanks Jay, I've been getting great feedback on the smoke effect,(Thank You Sadain).

Comment

• beebrothers
                    Captain

• Dec 2006

Nice site...great ironwork you do
                    http://www.beebrothers.org

Success is not a doorway. It is a staircase.

Comment

• Bethers

• Feb 2006

For the color:
                      <center><h1> <font face="comic sans ms" size="4" color="#000000> Your Headline Here </font></h1></center>
                      You need to find out the color number you are using - you can do so here: http://www.trainingtools.com/Resources/Color_Chart/

You get some great stats from your cpanel. I use statcounter.com for additional stats. I put it in invisible - but I'm not aware if they keep the actual count - I've never looked for that - not what I use them for. (Plus I use the free version :) )
                      Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                      SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Ornametals
                        Master Sergeant

• Jan 2007

Would like a review of my changes at ornametals1.com. I've changed the headline to an h1 tag, but when I look at the html the tag is not at the top? how do I get the site to "Read" right be the search engines? any help/feedback would be great. Thanks in advance, Tom

Comment

• scubadiver
                          Lieutenant Colonel

• Aug 2006

FYI: It is Vasili that says "Plan your work - Work your plan"
                          www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

• Bethers

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by scubadiver
                            FYI: It is Vasili that says "Plan your work - Work your plan"
                            On this forum, he is known for it - but I believe I heard it first probably 50 years ago from my father. And if you put those words in quotes in the search engines, you'll find many places where the phrase is used - including books by the name, etc.

Vasili utilizes and recommends a very important strategy that's done me well for my whole life.
                            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                            X