• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • www.crossroadsinvestments
    Corporal

• Jan 2007

1st try please comment

If anybody could take a look, and tell me where to go to get help. This was my first try, and it looked alright in BV, but not the same online. I know the form box doesn't send an E-mail and i am really confused about the php thing, ofcourse that was late last nite.
    Thanks for any feed back that is given.

Mike

P.S. The site is www.crossroadsinvestments.net
  • larazovich
    General

• Jul 2006

Re: 1st try and confused

Hi Mike
    I am not good at forms or php either, but Ithere are lots of people on this forum who are, so you will get help soon.
    Meanwhile, your page has a good start. But you might want to make ie narrower; limit the width to 800, so the largest number of people can view it without having to scroll sideways, which people generally hate.
    You can do this by going to page properties and adjusting the number to 800. Length really doesn't matter, as people sort of expect to scroll down. While you are there you will want to click the box that says 'center in browser' to make sure the page stays in the middle of anybody's screen.
    Not much, but I hope it helps,
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

• planet777
      First Lieutenant

• Dec 2006

Hi Mike,

cant really help with the techie stuff since I have just created my own site (!!) but I think the site looks fine. I just think it might need a bit more elements, maybe it looks a bit sparse? also watch for the typo "comming" - it's "coming".

also Title the page - good for search engines too or so I understand - go to BV, right click on an area that is NOT actual copy - words you have composed - click on Page Properties, then General then Title. Otherwise it comes up as Untitled. You might put in "Real Estate Investor" and a few other key words.

hope this helps, hang in there m8!

cheers

will
      A manual to help small-business owners . http://www.entrepreneurshipz.com

Comment

Corporal

• Jan 2007

Hi and Thanks for the thoughts so far. I know it's a little thin on meat, I'm building this for my mother-in-law, and it's all I could get for now. I am going to look at some other sites and get some more pics and the likes.
        Does any one know which forum talks about the text on the left side not being centered, as it looks in BV Builder?
        Thanks
        Mike

Comment

• naghosthunter
          Lieutenant Colonel

• Aug 2006

crossroads investments is overlapping the top border site needs a lot of tweaking you might want to remove name and comment from the box seeing how you have it on the left side you might want to get daves email form it can be used as the same thing you have now and looks much better as well.
          "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Corporal

• Jan 2007

Where can I get the e-mail form? I have looked for the php form in the forum on e-mails but can't see it, maybe if I put on my glasses. I will be tweaking tonite.
            Thanks

mike

Comment

• naghosthunter
              Lieutenant Colonel

• Aug 2006

lol heres a direct link to his page you will see the download now but you will need a phpeditor to make some changes it is very easy

"Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Corporal

• Jan 2007

I tried daves e-mail page and thetutorial to do the contact page, and I actually got it to work, once I fixed all my fat finger mistakes. That step by step worked great, I only got lost a few times. I think I have fixed most of the major problems. If any body wants to take a look, and tell me what else I haven't fixed.

Thanks again for all the help.
                Mike

Comment

• SChajin
                  Major General

• Jan 2006

Hi Mike,

It looks like your contact page works....congrats. I would like to see your little phone call box cleaned up some.
                  Your getting there....Good job for a new one
                  Sharon Chajin

Comment

• sameer
                    Second Lieutenant

• May 2006

hey buddy,u've got a good start, but i've one suggestion, plz try not using too much bright colors which take away the attention of ur site rather than focusing on the main content.colors, try playing with other colors as wellcheers myte.
                    nhugu.com - We are professional solution providers to facilitate in your corporate, business, official and personal presence in the web.

Comment

• choco777
                      Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Re: 1st try please comment

Looks good. Is that all there is a contact page? I tried the form and recieved a message that I would be attend to but it showed as an error page. Might be since many people will not give their phone number until after intial contact has been made. The images appear abit stretched shold resize them, I would think. Good job so far.
                      Choco777
                      www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Working...
                      X