• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alistair
    Sergeant

• Jan 2007

It`s nearly ready.

Would you have a look at my new index page and share some views...
    Its only the index page thats ready, although the hyperlinks work!

If anyone has a 800 screen does the page centre properly?

Any comment would be much appreciated!

Also if you know of a way to speed up the loading, I would be pleased!

Many thanks

Al

P.s may 2007 be truly loving year to you all!
    P.s.s I nearly forgot to post the URL, ha yes he is blonde!
  • SChajin
    Major General

• Jan 2006

Re: It`s nearly ready.

I love it.....good job
    Sharon Chajin

Comment

• naghosthunter
      Lieutenant Colonel

• Aug 2006

i like it as well but one thing i didn't like is that join news letter box flew in my face so i exited rather rapidly. i would place that within the page itself so people can read it without it doing a fly by shooting :)
      "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

• Windameer Farm
        Captain

• Dec 2006

Great Job look centered to me.
        www.advertise.windameer.com - Add a Banner for your site or sites for free.

www.windameersfleamarket4u.com - Buy Sell Trade with Windameer's Flea Market 4U ( 1 Year Free for BV sites)

www.windameer.com - Come see our Angora Goats.

Comment

• Bethers
          Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

The popup or whatever flew past me so I never even realized what it was.

The page does not center correctly - you don't have it centered for anyone - I do believe you have it at 800 width - but you didn't start it a 0 - which means it's too far to the right. Not a lot, but enough.

And you can set your own computer for any resolution and check it out. I don't even have to set mine for 800 - just open a smaller window - and I do have my computer set when it's opening a smaller window, that window is 800 wide.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

• beebrothers
            Captain

• Dec 2006

popup scared me..lol
            otherwise the site is nice, mostly easy to navigate
            looks centered for the most part
            does the tweaking ever end?
            http://www.beebrothers.org

Success is not a doorway. It is a staircase.

Comment

• LadyEye
              General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Hi

Looking good, popu up didn't scare me, but it's a little devil in my way, would be better to have a section about signing up for your newsletter and even put it on every page if you like .... doesn't hurt, just a nice text area for that would be good ...

But one biggie here, I am not seeing any navigation, or any that is going to go throughout the site in any kind of uniformity .... it is nice if you can navigate from every page of your site in the same spot on every page ....

In other words a nav bar that is uniform on every page that links every page to and from every page ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• beebrothers
                Captain

• Dec 2006

Originally posted by LadyEye
                ...that is uniform on every page that links every page to and from every page ....

Geesh..that's work :p
                http://www.beebrothers.org

Success is not a doorway. It is a staircase.

Comment

• Alistair
                  Sergeant

• Jan 2007

Wow, you guys are great, I couldn`t beleive the cool comments,
                  Some Q`s
                  1.Would a site map page with a link to the site map help, with the navigation problem?
                  2.My wife thinks I need more on the front page, like 3 more `current favourites, I think it may be too much, and take away from the immediate image - and you think?
                  3. Thanks for the que, on the newsletter thing, it was bugging me, but I wasn`t sure, now thats set in stone.

Naghosthunter - please don`t shoot my newsletter ghost, it will hurt your screen - Ha! (kidding!)

Thank you again

Al

Comment

• LadyEye
                    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by Alistair
                    Wow, you guys are great, I couldn`t beleive the cool comments,
                    Some Q`s
                    1.Would a site map page with a link to the site map help, with the navigation problem?

Hi again

Kind of two different things with site maps to talk about - one is a site map generator which creates script to insert as html in the html area of your page properties, there are threads on this forum you can read which will guide you there - this generates a site map for search engines .... I'd recommend you doing this and it should be updated fairly regularly especially as you make changes with your site. The other is a site map that I feel you are suggesting as using for navigation on your site. I would suggest not, I feel if I have to go and view a site map to find the information your site contains, it's just another step. Your site should portray what it beholds at a quick look. Easy navigation to and from all pages on your site is the key. Your navigation bar should be set as a standard fixture on all pages. This is more what I meant. Yes it is a bit of work, but highly recommended.

2.My wife thinks I need more on the front page, like 3 more `current favourites, I think it may be too much, and take away from the immediate image - and you think?

Current Favorites - what is it you mean by this? Do you mean your personal favorites list? While it is nice to recommend your personal favorites, it should not be on the front page of your site. The front page of your site should clearly show what your site is about, as opposed to your personal tastes in surfing.

3. Thanks for the que, on the newsletter thing, it was bugging me, but I wasn`t sure, now thats set in stone.

Naghosthunter - please don`t shoot my newsletter ghost, it will hurt your screen - Ha! (kidding!)

Thank you again

Al
                    www.comedyshop.co.za

Good luck with your site, plan your work and work your plan is a common phrase here and will really help you in the long run.

There are a few threads in this forum that contain alot of information in regards to the use of php and seting up a navigation bar that if you have future changes will change all of your pages at once, however, this would mean redoing your site, but if you are interested, have a look and look for posts made by Naval - an expert in this design.

:)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Alistair
                      Sergeant

• Jan 2007

I have redone the index page, is that what you guys mean?
                      See bottom of page, Nav Bar?
                      See change in membership request?
                      See content addition.

Now not all the links are linked need to redo all the pages with the Nav Bar!

Just checking I am understanding the sugestions!

Thanks a Stack!
                      Al

Comment

Working...
                      X