• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bethers
    Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Re: Elite Incentive Travel.com

Sleep - you want me to sleep??? Come morning I'll do that :)

Doing this with no meds - am I silly or stoooopid???
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Lincslady
      Brigadier General

• Jan 2006

Hiys Vasili,

Your travel website looks fab! as I would expect...only one thing stands out for me...as you know I have a thing about colours and the colours of your site are wonderful all except 1....the title ..Elite Incentive Travel...why oh why did you choose that bright blue? not classy as i'd expect...for me it just spoils the look of the pages doesnt fit in with the rest of your colours ..darker Aqua maybe? ....
      I know I know, its just a small thing but thats my opinion.. for what its worth.

The rest is just perfect...well done Vas really nice work ;o)
      Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
      http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

• Collectors-info
        General

• Feb 2006

Hi Vasili,
        Not sure if you was aware! That the no right click on the pages is working in an odd way? (viewing in firefox)
        If I right click on a page, I get the pop up warning, OK. But as soon as I click to get rid of the warning, another window pops up to view page source? & sometimes to save image.
        Either way the page source can be viewed & wasn’t sure if you wanted this.

Keep the good ideas coming, we can all learn.

PS. The template for this site would also have a nice feel for health or fitness.
        Your be selling templates to BV customers soon. (Eh! Why not) lol
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

LINDA: Thank you for taking the time to bounce around the site..... I originally had the logo just as you mentioned (really!), but for the sake of continuity between the "Elite Suite" and especially for reproductive purposes in marketing and promotion (business cards, flyers, ads, etc.) I compromised and went with Reflex Blue (a standard) that alows for crisper reproduction. Everything else would have washed out, or appeared greyish-blue and too light to effect the prominence needed. And, as a "Magazine" or "Newspaper" format, using pantone-based colors made more sense.....I spent a lot of time wrestling with the entire scheme (making over 8 mock index pages) before I gave up and just did something! LOL

CHRIS: First time I've heard of this effect.....and I have no answer. Although it may seem childish, on sites like this I use the RC-Deny script originally from Garry to help thwart proprietary images from ending up everywhere, since this site already is generating good traffic (on the business side, and we all know that salaried "webmasters" are not as creative as we generally are! LOL). I could have used the 'overlay' method, but I'm getting lazy in my old age....

I have an enforceable Privacy and Infringement Policy to give some teeth to these preventive measures, but as far as resolving this issue, I am out of my element...... maybe my wonderful VH peers might help me in this technical dilemma??
          It might be only a FireFox issue....I do know that the script is primarily for IE users (the dominant utility), and as such, remains my primary focus for using it.

PS: You must have X-ray vision Chris! Be on the lookout for the unveiling of "ProWebs Unlimited" very soon indeed, same Bat-channel!
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Bethers

• Feb 2006

Just don't put the amateurish no right click up - as the people who really would look to steal - wouldn't be stopped by that anyway.

Sorry, Vasili, but I really can't stand seeing that on any professional website - I immediately think it's not professional anymore. And Karen and I have been known to copy and paste code from sites that do that just to annoy them LOLOL
            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Like I said, although "childish" it still serves a purpose --although to newly observable extent!

That does not mean that you nor Karen have to come down to my level and act like typical third grade girls and spoil my clay project just because you can! LOL

Comment

• Bethers

• Feb 2006

Oh, but that "because we can" makes it so much more fun to play in the sandbox.
                Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Hmmmmm....and you wonder why guys are just as fascinated with frogs and crawly things?
                  LOL

I believe all the spelling errors have been erased, and a small fix has been temporarily made to the Menu (to avoid 404's) while Content is being specified for me to complete the missing 3 pages.
                  Will post next when ready for final review.

Thank each of you for taking the time to proof my work and to offer suggestions on how to improve. And, many have been overly gracious, I fear!
                  I value your input, and your ongoing support is always sincerely appreciated!

Comment

• HeartMaster

Greetings, old friend!

I remember when you were still a Corporal! Now look at you: you are a General of the Forum!!

And you are producing sites like this? I am pleased to see that you have found Blue Voda suitable to demonstrate your knowledges to your peers in such epitomable fashion......congratulations. And how very lucky for everyone else too.

Trying to figure out who I am? Recall one of your earliest questions about eCommerce?? Think of ...... "distribution lists".......LOL

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Interesting!
                      Few would remember something like that. (Let me see if I can!)

I can think of only two possibilities: Tomassan or Cliff?

And thank you for your compliments......it just goes to show you what you can accomplish with the right tools and a refined vision!

Comment

• choco777
                        Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Interesting, why did you use the Mexico Tourism Boards Logo and map. Being that you are so worried about people using "your" images. It is clearly copyrighted. Just wondering. You once tole me that you know how to do these thing, just wondered how.
                        Choco777
                        www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by choco777
                          Interesting, why did you use the Mexico Tourism Boards Logo and map. Being that you are so worried about people using "your" images. It is clearly copyrighted. Just wondering. You once tole me that you know how to do these thing, just wondered how.
                          George!
                          What on Earth are you talking about?
                          I have not used any maps or logos on any of my sites I am not entitled to use whatsoever!
                          >> Nor are any of the elements you mention used on any "travel" site I have done for anyone else!
                          (And despite continued so-called "best advice" I continue to use this script whenever it is deemd feasible, until I find a more refined solution!)

If you are reaching back to the site mock-up I did for you, I merely used whatever resources that might have been on your page....in fact, if you recall, I never used any maps in any effort I made for your benefit!
                          (If you wish to review this as true, simply visit the mock-ups I did for you here: tobasco | tobasco2 | tobasco3 | tobasco3b )

I truly believe you are confused. Or, are you simply taking advantage of my extended abscences?

However you look at it, I think you owe a public explanation to myself and to your VodaPeers lest anyone get an incorrect idea, don't you think?

Comment

• Hester
                            Captain

• Jun 2006

WOW!!!! this site is amazing. Talk about a project! man, that must have been a lot of planning to put it all together. Awesome job!!
                            George
                            www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

• asirimarco
                              Brigadier General

• Jun 2006

Nice site - did notice that the page titled "TIConnect Search Page" needs to be centered. everything else looked and worked good
                              Ann
                              www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
                              www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
                              www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

• Dream Lady
                                Major General

• Feb 2006

Hi Eric! I'm going to stick my nose in here with regards to choco's statement. I wonder if maybe he is seeing the VIP vacations link to Mexico and seeing the map on the travel impressions site, thinking that it is your site? Just a thought. btw, i really like the mockups you did for him. very nice...(where were you when I needed you??lol)
                                Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Working...
                                X