• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • choco777
    Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Re: Elite Incentive Travel.com

Exactly
    Cindy the map with the VIP is from The Mexican Tourism Board and it is there logo. But there was a mention to Sharon about copyright and using the Java Cup. Didn't see that I suppose.
    Choco777
    www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Travel Impressions is the scond largest wholesaler in the world, and are fully vested with every tourism/government board and official entity as legitimate providers. (There are literally countless concerns trying to make it into the TI world, or at least their online presence, as I had proposed for you at one point by taking advantage of my long-standing relationship with them).
      The TI hosted solution that has been established for Elite Travel is one of less than 10 globally that have been created for individual agencies, and is not my area of responsibility. Your comments about maps and logos being used do not apply.

Secondly, George, Elite Travel is a fully accredited travel agency with IATA, CLIA, and other industry organizations, and enjoys special status within the industry as well (had you looked as carefully at the "Credentials" page as you pored over affiliate and linked sites, you would have noticed that Elite was the sole 2006 "Best of the Best Worldwide Agency") whereas the "Journeys Happen" site (Cindy's) is actually promoting a "network travel" business opportunity (similar to MLM and other membership networks). There is a huge difference being an agency individually subscribed and accredited using logos in contrast to an "approved" network allowing associated individuals using the same inappropriately (whether they are aware of it or not). I merely pointed this out to avoid any potential problems later.

And lastly, George, putting a distinctive logo for something as recognizable as a software company that specializes in web creation (Java) on a website (Sharon's) is not only a clear copyright infringement, it reeks of ignorance. Unlike using it in print ads, don't you suppose that the online audience would more likely recognize the logo and it being used improperly? Come on! I prefer to think my peers have more sense than that, and regularly strive to protect them from such potential liability.

It is obvious that you have some grudge or predilection that is clouding your perspective. I ask that you refrain from such posting unless you are certain that what you comment on is true, factual, or reasonable. Especially when it concerns me! I am amazed at how quick you are to say "Exactly!" without any acknowledgement of error or misunderstanding on your part. How sad.....
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by Hester
        WOW!!!! this site is amazing. Talk about a project! man, that must have been a lot of planning to put it all together. Awesome job!!
        Thank you, Mr. H!
        Really, the most difficult aspect was composing the Content after having had to "design" the business model/incentive programs.
        Using Blue Voda and the technologies available at VodaHost has always been a snap!

Believe you me, there is a lot coming from me right around the corner!

Comment

• choco777
          Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

MR. Vasili,
          I am not alluding to any maps made for me, the map is on the page with the Mexican Board of Tourist's logo, on your Mexico VIP page, now the images you added to the "mock layouts were not yours and certainly not mine....I know the difference in the Huipil wore by Guatemalans and other Amer-indian tribes, so that image would not be mine nor the guide pic. of someone in Cakumul a site I nor many others visit, so never had photos from there and lastly a pic. of a lady struggling up the face of Tikal also in Guatemala. I told you this about lifting straight from the Mex. Tour Brd. at this time(in reference to something you wanted me to use) and you said "don't worry I known how to do this"...I can point out the post if needed, (remember I told you that I record every e-mail I send and every, except hi, post that I make)so was it the first time? The pictures you used of mine would have been either taken by ME or I have license to use them. However the photos on MY site with help from LE displays the same, Photos taken by me, some by the way HAVE found their way to other sites, I say God Bless "em use them and make some bucks or just have a nice site, what is it to me, niothing except when someone trys to police the forum and accuse and treat )by inuendos a very nice lady as you have , yeah I speak up. I have no agenda that concerns you, no really bad feelings, nor grudges....for what? Appologise, Eric my man, think again. your friend.
          Choco777
          www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

> The pictures I used in the mocks I prepared were in fact aquired from a photobank that I subscribe to, and were royalty-free as well as fully distributable. You did point out that they were Guatemalen, but since they were for demonstration purposes only, the point was moot.
            > The pictures I used of yours were pulled straight from the webpage you were working on at the time, and since they too were used for demonstration purposes only, that was never an issue either, right?
            > Again, the "maps"....and again, if the Mexican Board of Tourism is paying TI for advertising and in support of the relationship they mutually enjoy, what is it to you, me, or the guy down the street if a map attributed to them is used on a site with permission? The TI booking engine is a hosted affiliate site created for Elite under TI's direct auspices, and that is that!
            BTW: As far as using the Mexican BOT Logo...it is allowed as long as it is kept in the reference of travel, tourism, and with direct relationship to developing Mexican tourism (according to the posted regulations).
            > I do not throw around innuendos, George. On the contrary. I am direct and do not hesitate to raise my hand, stand up, or if need be to interrupt someone when they are talking if what is being said or done is a problem.
            This is one of the great benefits of experience, maturity, and personal knowledge. I will not make guesses, postulations, or inferrances like some, and am keen to stay out of things unless I know for certain I am right: I do not "police" the forum, but am quick to offer another perspective that should be useful to avoid potential liability later on (and it is always based in fact). I did not pounce on either Cindy nor Sharon, but rather offered comments based on my genuine concern for their continued success.
            Apparently I am "reading the book" when others merely scan the cover?

And, I have never been dis-genuine toward you or anyone else in VodaTalk, George.....you know that. That will not change, and I will always remain supportive of each as we strive on our unque paths to progress. Think again? Hmmmm..... isn't it obvious by now that I think quite a bit as it is?
            LOL

Time to move forward?

Comment

• choco777
              Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Well we've had our say. The MTB by the way does require the word mexico tourism board to be shopw below their logo.
              I'll get you the exact wording as I know the Sub-directory of Culture, he is my brother-in-law and can easily get the papers.
              Maybe in away I was sticking up for others,who are too kind to respond, and never did I mention Cindy's name...Hmmm.

Goodnight Eric, and my best wishes are with you. BUT I be list'nun!
              Choco777
              www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by asirimarco
                Nice site - did notice that the page titled "TIConnect Search Page" needs to be centered. everything else looked and worked good
                Thanks, Ann!
                The TI page is beyond my control, but I am pleased to be one of the select few to offer this superior online booking utility.

In truth, it was the forerunner for Expedia (the WorldSpan ticketing system based utility), as I negotiated with the owners of TI for over a year in 1999 to develop it and secure it for Elite. It was later that American Express bought TI and took the product back to WorldSpan networks that they released Expedia!

Comment

• Dream Lady
                  Major General

• Feb 2006

Eric:

This may not be the place to share this, but since YOU decided to bring me and my website into your comments to George and comment on my business on this thread and forum, I feel I need to clarify a few issues with regard to my journeyshappen website. I must say, I’m very disappointed by your comments concerning my travel business. I have worked very hard in a very short period of time to be successful with my internet, homebased travel business. I expected more from you as I have always respected you, your work and insightfulness. But I just can’t let this go without comment.

First of all, your comment, There is a huge difference being an agency individually subscribed and accredited using logos in contrast to an "approved" network allowing associated individuals using the same inappropriately (whether they are aware of it or not).” Where do you get off on this? Is this where you are trying to look out for my best interest? It doesn't sound that way to me. YTB is a highly respected Travel Agency with all the legal and important accreditations that you list on your website. Our Vendors (including Travel Impressions…yes we have a TI hosted solution as well…so we must be in that elite 10 you speak of…) LOVE YTB. Why? Because we sell Travel! That is our #1 Business.

You implied above that I am using logos inappropriately and also in another thread that I was using the CLIA logo inappropriately. My question to you…How in the world would you know? For your information I am personally CLIA certified. I have taken numerous CLIA courses on line and in person and am working towards my ACC and MCC Certifications. The other logos on my site, such as The Wynn, South Africa, Las Vegas, MGM,Mirage and Malaysia were open for me to use, when I completed the certification classes with Travel Agent University. I am also certified with Fairmont Hotels and US Airways Vacations and am working on more. So to say and imply that I am using these inappropriately is incorrect on your part.

Secondly…YTB (Your Travel Biz) is a ¼ Billion dollar travel company that is publicly traded and is doing quite well, I might add. The company actually has two unique business opportunities that we promote. First and foremost is the TRAVEL BUSINESS, doing business under the name of YTB Travel Network. We are called RTA’s. This is where we sell travel through our online booking engine, as well as dealing directly with Vendors. Yes, Eric…I actually call up Cruise lines, Resorts, Consolidators, etc. and book travel for clients! The second opportunity is that of an Independent Marketing Rep. (That is the MLM or network marketing side that you speak of) What “IMR’s” do is to sign up other individuals or associations that want to have their own Referring Internet Travel booking site as well. I can choose to do one or the other business opportunities or I can do both. I have chosen to do both. If you look at my website you will see that over 90% of my website has to do with selling travel, yet you imply above that ALL I do is MLM.

This is much longer than I intended, so I’ll end now by simply quoting one of your lines above…. “I ask that you refrain from such posting unless you are certain that what you comment on is true, factual, or reasonable.”
                  Cindy Smentowski

Comment

• Karen Mac
                    General

• Apr 2006

HEYYYYYYY Im making popcorn, and I got front row seats! Anyone want to sit beside me. :)

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Dream Lady
                      Major General

• Feb 2006

I'm coming..do you have butter on that popcorn!! lol
                      thx karen....I think this thread needed that!!
                      Cindy Smentowski

Comment

• Karen Mac
                        General

• Apr 2006

Of Course! Heart attack in a bag is the only way to go! :)

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                        02036089024 / United Kingdom
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by Dream Lady
                          Eric:First of all, your comment, “ There is a huge difference being an agency individually subscribed and accredited using logos in contrast to an "approved" network allowing associated individuals using the same inappropriately (whether they are aware of it or not).” Where do you get off on this? Is this where you are trying to look out for my best interest? It doesn't sound that way to me. YTB is a highly respected Travel Agency No, they are not: YTB is very careful to always present themselves as a "travel network" to maintain legal accuracy. (refer to the YTB corporate site) And, their level of respect in the industry is a matter of opinion, I suppose, and notwithstanding, as a network, they are not included in industry awards or recognition. with all the legal and important accreditations that you list on your website. Our Vendors (including Travel Impressions…yes we have a TI hosted solution as well…so we must be in that elite 10 you speak of…)
                          Sorry, Cindy....that is an incorrect statement> YTB's 'booking engines' are powered by Travelocity, as a private network utility (the link for this affiliate utility is go.travelpn.com, where the "pn" means "private network" and Travelocity is abbreviated) This is the actual Travelocity script identifier: <script src="/jsp/travelocity/common/scripts/Util.js" type="text/javascript" language="javascript"></script>
                          Please show evidence of TI working with YTB.
                          You implied above that I am using logos inappropriately and also in another thread that I was using the CLIA logo inappropriately. My question to you…How in the world would you know? For your information I am personally CLIA certified. I have taken numerous CLIA courses on line and in person and am working towards my ACC and MCC Certifications. That may be so (all CLIA approved individuals must take the test) but it is issued under YTB charter. And, this means qualification as a "Cruise Counselor" and is not to be confused with being a "travel agent" under the auspices of IATAN (thus, YTB's repeated clarification of terms as "referrer of travel" or even "referring agent." The affiliation you enjoy with YTB referring business is via your Membership (you pay a fee to "belong" which defines the "network" status of YTB).The other logos on my site, such as The Wynn, South Africa, Las Vegas, MGM,Mirage and Malaysia were open for me to use, when I completed the certification classes with Travel Agent University. I am also certified with Fairmont Hotels and US Airways Vacations and am working on more. So to say and imply that I am using these inappropriately is incorrect on your part. Never mentioned anything about your personal familiarity program achievements!
                          Secondly…YTB (Your Travel Biz) is a &#188; Billion dollar travel company that is publicly traded and is doing quite well, I might add. The company actually has two unique business opportunities that we promote. First and foremost is the TRAVEL BUSINESS, doing business under the name of YTB Travel Network. We are called RTA’s. This is where we sell travel through our online booking engine, as well as dealing directly with Vendors. Yes, Eric…I actually call up Cruise lines, Resorts, Consolidators, etc. and book travel for clients! The second opportunity is that of an Independent Marketing Rep. (That is the MLM or network marketing side that you speak of) What “IMR’s” do is to sign up other individuals or associations that want to have their own Referring Internet Travel booking site as well. I can choose to do one or the other business opportunities or I can do both. I have chosen to do both. If you look at my website you will see that over 90% of my website has to do with selling travel, yet you imply above that ALL I do is MLM. Not true, Cindy. My only mentions were to the use of a logo, and the differences between the types of organizations, and whether the individual use (it is your site, not YTB's) inappropriately inferred status that was not there. I mentioned the difference between networks, "memberships," and agency classifications as illustrating how clarity and accuracy is paramount, and could in truth be a potential liability.
                          “I ask that you refrain from such posting unless you are certain that what you comment on is true, factual, or reasonable.”
                          I have no problem "paracticing what I preach" as you can see.
                          Oh! And Karen? I am sure you can find entertainment in other ways, can't you?

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Cindy:

I stand corrected: Travel Impressions does indeed provide a booking utility (their Crusader product) to YTB under the "Vacations" category as an affiliate function.
                            As a registered "Seller of Travel" in the State of Florida, YTB has the qualifications for this affiliation fulfillment, and since they are not an agency, they must use both wholsalers (i.e. TI) and direct issuers (Travelocity) to provide air in addition to other arrangements.

I am not above admitting error, you know!

Comment

• C L
                              General

• Jul 2006

Did somebody mention popcorn in here? Where's the popcorn?

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Apparently all over my lap......I missed the entire first half!
                                (new pants, too...)

Comment

Working...
                                X