• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LadyEye
    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: Elite Incentive Travel.com

Well it really sounds to me like we all need a vacation ... with all this travel talk, who is gonna send the tickets, that's the stuff that is important, more so than who this and who that ... now who is mailing all the vodaliens the travel tickets, they can all be sent in care of me ... how about that ... okay, standing by waiting for the tickets ....

P.S.

I tinks we will all go to Alaska, because we are all "hot" enough ...

Woo hoo ... let's go now!!!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• larazovich
      General

• Jul 2006

and is there ice cream too? I love ice cream..
      Liz
      www.sebastopolparty.com
      www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by Vasili
        Apparently all over my lap......I missed the entire first half!
        (new pants, too...)
        Were they from Frenchys, lol ..... no need to worry then right???

lol

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• C L
          General

• Jul 2006

hmmm picks up all the popcorn, hands Vasili new pair of pants, put name in the basket for a window seat on the trip to Alaska, any drinks on this trip? Good one Liz, mmmmm ice-cream.

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by larazovich
            and is there ice cream too? I love ice cream..

Well, only if you bring your cow, lol ........

Did you see that cow I put in the lounge in Astrals valentine jokes,

go see that, it is hilarious .....

This thread is turning nice and smooth ... just creamy ..... lol

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• C L
              General

• Jul 2006

No I didn't see the cow, I'm in the hot thread, hot popcorn lots of travel. lol

Comment

• C L
                General

• Jul 2006

Lightening up.
                Attached Files

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Showing Some Love For Everyone!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• Karen Mac
                    General

• Apr 2006

Originally posted by Vasili
                    Oh! And Karen? I am sure you can find entertainment in other ways, can't you?
                    Well I could but reality TV is so much more entertaining when you somewhat know the characters on set!

Whats wrong you dont like butter on your popcorn?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• j0sh710
                      First Sergeant

• Feb 2006

awesome
                      http://www.rampshack.com
                      Sliced/Coded/Manged
                      Check me out in the gallery look for Josh!

Comment

• Dream Lady
                        Major General

• Feb 2006

Eric: I feel like I’m back in my College debate class! lol

I’m going to try and say this a little clearer, so that you understand. YTB International, Inc. has 3 wholly owned subsidiaries: REZconnect Technologies (owns, maintains and develops online and other booking technologies for suppliers within the travel industry. It also franchises brick and mortar travel agencies). YTB Travel Network (The TRAVEL AGENCY, books travel transactions). Your TravelBiz.Com, Inc. (markets online travel agencies on behalf of YTB Travel Network, Inc. by use of sales reps).

To quote you above, your response, when I said they were a highly respected Travel Agency, you said: No, they are not:YTB is very careful to always present themselves as a "travel network" to maintain legal accuracy. (refer to the YTB corporate site) And, their level of respect in the industry is a matter of opinion, I suppose, and notwithstanding, as a network, they are not included in industry awards or recognition.
                        Ok, Eric, then I ask you this. What do you call a company, that owns a 122,000 sq. ft. building in Wood River, IL, has a staff of over 160 employees (many who are TRAVEL agents), whose 2006 TRAVEL only revenues were over $52 million, paid out over $2,6 million in TRAVEL commissions, conducts 2 TRAVEL Industry Trade shows a year which includes the top TRAVEL vendors in the U.S., and has received numerous TRAVEL industry awards over the last 3 years including Globus, Funjet, ***** Vacations, Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines, Holland America Cruise Lines, Celebrity Cruise lines and has received Carnival Cruises Lines Top Award, the Pinnacle Award, 2 years in a roll? Let’s see….gosh, I would call that a TRAVEL AGENCY!

By the way…the ”corporate site” you so conveniently linked to? That is not YTB”s corporate site. That is a demo version of the marketing site that all the marketing reps have. As far as respect in the travel industry???? You are right and I stand corrected, since our competitors may not respect us, but then again, maybe they do! As you said…a matter of opinion.

You are somewhat correct in that we partner with Travelocity for some of our bookings, but also with swiftgoft.com, ***** Vacations, Travel Impressions and others since they are partners with us and so when you click on various components to book a vacation or travel you will be taken to their booking engine. Just as your Elite Travel sites use, vacationport.net, and Travel Impressions, etc. As far as evidence of YTB working with Travel Impressions (TI), well you answered that in your next post, I guess.

As far as my CLIA designation. I don’t believe I ever said that having the CLIA designation is the same as being a Travel Agent. YTB Travel Network is an IATAN accredited Agency and as far as me personally….I hope by the middle of this year to also have my own personal IATAN number….yes Eric…again…I sell TRAVEL, full time and so when my commissions reach the required minimum of $5,000, I will apply to have my own IATAN card. I do not use the IATAN logo on my journeyshappen website, since I am not personally certified yet.As far as your last comment…well, I think I’ve covered that above.

Eric…I do not want to debate you on this subject any longer. You clearly have shown what you know and what you don’t know. I’m sorry that your thread on your great website “Elite Incentive Travel.com” which as I commented previously is wonderful….has been turned into a circus debate, complete with popcorn and ice-cream! Lol
                        Cindy Smentowski

Comment

• SChajin
                          Major General

• Jan 2006

My hands are iching....someone is talking about me! I'm for popcorn........yea!
                          Sharon Chajin

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Cindy,

You ask – “What do you call a company, that owns a 122,000 sq. ft. building in Wood River, IL, has a staff of over 160 employees” and makes the kind of money you mention? “A pretty House maketh not a Home” Still … impressive!

Having offered further “qualifications” by stating “2 TRAVEL Industry Trade shows a year which includes the top TRAVEL vendors in the U.S.(Funny....vendors actually pay to attend Elite's events in addition to offering prizes), and has received numerous TRAVEL industry awards in the last 3 years ...” I am compelled to point out these mentioned here are from vendors, not anything 'industry' “including Globus (the "Grey"-hound of tour operators LOL) Funjet (the vertical booking program run by an airline) ***** Vacations (a charter operator serving customers willing to risk cancelled flights to get cheapest possible package), and" all the cruise line vendors you list. Earning Carnival’s Pinnacle Award is significant, as they most definitely enjoy all the business you swing their way! (That’s a lot of Carnival cruises! LOL)

You offer these “proofs” as a means to “qualify” YTB as a bona fide Travel Agency? ... Being a “top seller” is not the criteria. That is why IATAN has 2 different programs. Being Airline Appointed/stock /ticketing, having qualified reservationists, being bonded, and having the fiduciary accountabilities in place provide the criteria to be a “full-service, bona fide” agency and not just a Seller of Travel. Gee….with so much money, it seems to make sense to put up the bond and qualify at least one of the many “agents” to use a reservation system to ticket air in-house (criteria for Agency status, part of being “full service”), thereby both better manage the tons of business their reps do, but to also make better profitability. Why is it not so with YTB? They seem content to be simply remain a TSI (Travel Sales Intermediary) Agency. Personally, I believe it is because they charge their representatives fees and membership, forever confining them to the “Network”/TSI status they so carefully declare now. What do you think? Maybe you have the resources to share a definitive answer with us…..

But! To illustrate this on a more common level, since you hinted at sales being a “qualifier”: was YTB (or any of the related companies) present at the Melia-Cancun for the Travel Impressions Awards (the respected wholesaler/consolidator we share that is above “vendor” status) this past January?
                            I do not recall their participation.
                            Elite occupies less than 5,000 sqf and yet with less than 35 employees beat out the likes of AAA, American Express (the parent company of TI itself), and so many other agencies as sole worldwide top seller.

I should have been more accurate in my original post also: Elite not only utilizes the “hosted” solutions from TI and a few other Preferred Providers, but also actually has the script to run online booking on our own site, something rather more limited. (It’s not something you see often).

Qualifying for a TSI (Travel Sales Intermediary) ID card with IATAN would be wonderful recognition of your tireless efforts, dedication, and obvious passion for the travel business (the single most trait of success), and would be the mark of professionalism your customers would certainly appreciate! I am confident you will qualify in no time! The TSI program means you don’t have to personally learn to use a reservation/ticketing system (the criteria of being a bona-fide accredited Agent), and can continue to rely on affiliate providers to fulfill your client’s travel needs with confidence using the proven successful system YTB has made available!

I see only success after success for you Cindy!
                            You have found something you enjoy immensely, and can create the financial rewards you seek. That is rare nowadays, I think. More power to you!
                            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Dream Lady
                              Major General

• Feb 2006

Thank you Eric for your more thought out response. Please understand that I in no way intended this to be a comparision of Elite with YTB. I don't believe there is a comparision. They are operating on two very different levels. I will not continue this discussion with you on this topic here in your thread as I think there is a better time and place for this. If you are really intrested in knowing more about YTB, I welcome your comments, suggestions and questions, as I can only learn more myself when I am challenged. You can email me. Thank you also for the vote of confidence! I love the travel business and this was my foot in the door. As I have said in the past and will continue to say....Your websites are superb and very professional. Keep up the great work and keep a smile on your face.
                              Cindy Smentowski

Comment

• SChajin
                                Major General

• Jan 2006

Mr. V. I think your comment was a little harsh don't you! ((Sharon's) is not only a clear copyright infringement, it reeks of ignorance. ) That was my first site and I was very proud of it and would never take something if I thought it was wrong.

Thank you George for sticking up for me.
                                Sharon Chajin

Comment

Working...
                                X