• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Elite Incentive Travel.com

Originally posted by SChajin
    Mr. V. I think your comment was a little harsh don't you! ((Sharon's) is not only a clear copyright infringement, it reeks of ignorance. ) That was my first site and I was very proud of it and would never take something if I thought it was wrong. Thank you George for sticking up for me.
    It might appear so, being taken out of context like this, Sharon, but let's take another look at the whole:
    And lastly, George, putting a distinctive logo for something as recognizable as a software company that specializes in web creation (Java) on a website (Sharon's) is not only a clear copyright infringement, it reeks of ignorance. Unlike using it in print ads, don't you suppose that the online audience would more likely recognize the logo and it being used improperly? Come on! I prefer to think my peers have more sense than that, and regularly strive to protect them from such potential liability.

This was made in repeated response to George's confusion and mixing up the details between sites/people/and so-called "issues" he was so bent on belaboring.....that is why you can sense a more contrite "explanation" from me as I emphasized the logical foundations of why I even mentioned it at all (way back when in your thread, remember? My original mention was short, sweet, and more of a "heads-up"). And, if I recall, you were appreciative of my nudge.....

Sometimes it really is best to read threads through rather than pick apart posts individually!

Time to make progress rather than point fingers at ghosts?
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• SChajin
      Major General

• Jan 2006

Ok, I may still be tired.......The first time I just scanned it and just wanted popcorn...LOL Just in from a buying trip from China and I read it again, I remember the nudge, if you looked you would see it gone. Doesn't matter, I don't care I just felt you were harsh.... again I don't care
      Sharon Chajin

Comment

• philipc9635
        Lieutenant Colonel

• Jul 2006

Well done Vasili

I wish I had half your knowledge, I guess I'm lucky we are able to pick your brains in this Forum.
        Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

PHIL: Thanks...every little bit of encouragement seems to mean more nowadays!

Your site too, has come a long way from when you first published! I look forward to your newest round of developments (pun intended).
          LOL

Comment

• Jeremy
            Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Hey Vasili,

Don't like the fact that you have text all over your banners and pictures, maybe consider making it a .jpg / .gif format.

The 100% satisfaction sticker has a gray background, the fact that you have a white background - it doesn't go with the flow if you know what I am talking about - consider making it white.
            Best regards,
            Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

JEREMY: Are you in fact referring to EliteIncentiveTravel.com?

The pictures used in this site are not only all JPG's, but are properly titled and file-optimized. Selectively using highly composed text over pictures not only keeps the site cleaner, but is proven more visually effective to convey directable results. (Advertising & Graphics 101)
              I supposed as a "web professional" you might find something more substantial to mention (I hope to find such correctable instances) rather than personal preferences?

And no, Jeremy, the Satisfaction Seal is actually from the BV bank, and has a white background (find it yourself!). Whenever JPG's are reduced, often the colors shift a bit, necessitating the adjustment of gamma, and then only to a point. It is such minutia on this site that I guess I am grateful you took such a fine tooth comb approach to your review!
              LOL

Comment

• Jeremy
                Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

VASILLI...

Let me tell you something .. when I give you an opinion it doesn't just mean it is a personal opinion, I am giving you help and suggestions of what you should do from my experiences and schooling.

When you have a picture or a banner with TEXT ontop of it to give it the effect that it looks like a banner or what ever you are trying to do, it does not leave a PROFESSIONAL / CLEAN look and IS IN FACT harder to make out .. might I ask where your PROVEN results are?

Also, guessing you are a real professional now, if you reduced the size of the image .. didn't you know it was going to have defects? .. so then why isn't it fixed?

So you might be so grateful after all that I took a good look at your website ... a little remorse?
                Best regards,
                Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

No.....no "remorse" whatsoever!
                  (I sold ProMedia Unlimited in 1984 after it got to be too big for me to handle: do a search in AdWeek to learn more about my "experience" and exposure....2 searches, one with my name would help!)
                  The "banner" you are referring to? The "header"? I purposely muted it...to better match the colors, and to embolden the "logo" which is SE-friendly (being textually based). I do know how to resolve images properly, Jeremy, evidenced by all of the others perfectly presenting.....or could you not tell? Don't you "feel" the difference in how the combination of images portray a theme....how the central large images create the instinctive focus? Are they too, not up to your spec, or is there after all a well-composed balance throughout?

Enough! We both have greater things to do, don't we?

Comment

• Jeremy
                    Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Only trying to help :D
                    Best regards,
                    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

• LadyEye
                      General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Jeremy, the images are all in .jpg format, what format do you think they are in??

While it is nice of you to guess who the professional is, perhaps you as a professional might see with all your technical and schooling knowledge, that all of the images have been optimized and in the case of the images on this site, the jpeg format is more efficient. If the .gif format was used, the images would be of poor quality, regardless of the viewer’s display. The dithering seen in jpeg images does not compromise image quality any more than if you dithered the images to 256-color .gifs yourself. If you standardize on jpeg images, the majority of your viewers will see full-colour photos.

The image compression in the GIF file format is less efficient than JPEG compression

Advantages of JPEG images
                      - Huge compression ratios mean faster download speeds
                      - Jpeg produces excellent results for most photographs and complex images
                      - Jpeg supports full-color (24 bit, true color) image

Advantages of GIF images
                      - gif is the most widely supported graphics format on the web
                      - gifs of diagrammatic images look better than jpegs
                      - gif supports transparency and interlacing

One only needs to look at your site to see you have used these very same methods of adding text on top of banners, headers, etc., that you are displaying on your very own website. I don't understand why you would make such a statement. AND aren't banners, logos, etc. a work of art and a matter of ones taste or perspective??

I don’t see any grey background on the 100% satisfaction sticker? In fact I copied the image (ha ha Vasili) and sent it to myself through my email. White background, and the image is a white background – no grey on my machine.

I wonder Jeremy, since you are using Vista, IE7, or possibly even a wide screen, if that is what is distorting these images and causing ghosting of some?? Do you think?? Something to consider in your line of work, don't you think???

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                      02036089024 / United Kingdom
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Karen Mac
                        General

• Apr 2006

I dont know.. but in addition to throwing popcorn, I am investing in LARGE SCHOOL BUS STEERING WHEELS! I will sell them for $250 each and they will attatch to the middle of BACKS so they can be DRIVEN varrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oom!

This will be followed by Chest Vests with buttons that say.. "PUSH MY BUTTONS" and watch me fly!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                        02036089024 / United Kingdom
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• choco777
                          Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

U gonna git rich n here! Ummmmm soooooooooooooo many buttons!!!
                          Choco777
                          www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

• SChajin
                            Major General

• Jan 2006

I Know, Mine were pushed and I didn't even ask for it!
                            Sharon Chajin

Comment

• choco777
                              Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

And you didn't deserve to be spoken to in that manner.
                              Choco777
                              www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

• SChajin
                                Major General

• Jan 2006

Thanks George, I agree I had no reason to be in that post. Thank you for sticking up for me.
                                Sharon Chajin

Comment

Working...
                                X