• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • choco777
    Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Re: Elite Incentive Travel.com

Anytime, any place Sharon. When something is wrong it is wrong.
    Choco777
    www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

• LadyEye
      General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Hey Sharon,

I'll stick up for you too ...... we have big broad shoulders right ... lol
      Me thinks sometimes things look worse in writing that what they appear or should appear to be. With that said, I don't believe Vasili meant to hurt your feelings in any way at all, (at least I should hope not) I believe it is the "exact way" in which he words things, at times, that appears to be the problem. We are not all "perfect" right!!
      Anyway girl, you got my "muscles" behind you too!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• choco777
        Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

I do not believe Vasili would do that either, also certainly hope not. He is an intregal part of this forum and with all his writing skills, sometimes things look differently than they are. That being said I stick by everything that I have ever posted. LE u r right..... friends are sometimes like music in the effect they can have on others and you are my favorite song.

CHOCO
        Choco777
        www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

And Choco you are right ... and I believe everyone here is an integral part of this forum. It's a wonderful place this Vodaland .. it can only enhance us all .. and that's so "sweet" what you say ...I believe everyone here is an asset to this community ... It's the greatest place!

We are All

Cause Voda Rocks!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• SChajin
            Major General

• Jan 2006

Hi guys thanks, I don't believe he meant to hurt my feelings, but I believe he was wrong to post my misgivings. I believe he does not think of others..only to prove himself right. My feelings and mine alone. I don't want him to use me or my site as an example anymore. I'm still learning and I saw his credentials..What can I say ....he has been around since....forever. Thanks for your support........I still love his sites!
            Sharon Chajin

Comment

• Jeremy
              Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

Originally posted by LadyEye
              Jeremy, the images are all in .jpg format, what format do you think they are in??

While it is nice of you to guess who the professional is, perhaps you as a professional might see with all your technical and schooling knowledge, that all of the images have been optimized and in the case of the images on this site, the jpeg format is more efficient. If the .gif format was used, the images would be of poor quality, regardless of the viewer’s display. The dithering seen in jpeg images does not compromise image quality any more than if you dithered the images to 256-color .gifs yourself. If you standardize on jpeg images, the majority of your viewers will see full-colour photos.

The image compression in the GIF file format is less efficient than JPEG compression

Advantages of JPEG images
              - Huge compression ratios mean faster download speeds
              - Jpeg produces excellent results for most photographs and complex images
              - Jpeg supports full-color (24 bit, true color) image

Advantages of GIF images
              - gif is the most widely supported graphics format on the web
              - gifs of diagrammatic images look better than jpegs
              - gif supports transparency and interlacing

One only needs to look at your site to see you have used these very same methods of adding text on top of banners, headers, etc., that you are displaying on your very own website. I don't understand why you would make such a statement. AND aren't banners, logos, etc. a work of art and a matter of ones taste or perspective??

I don’t see any grey background on the 100% satisfaction sticker? In fact I copied the image (ha ha Vasili) and sent it to myself through my email. White background, and the image is a white background – no grey on my machine.

I wonder Jeremy, since you are using Vista, IE7, or possibly even a wide screen, if that is what is distorting these images and causing ghosting of some?? Do you think?? Something to consider in your line of work, don't you think???
              LadyEye,

There is nothing wrong with the images, and yes .jpg is the way to go, what I am trying to say here is that he just added the text on top of the images/banners.
              Best regards,
              Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

That's great to clear that up Jeremy, I see what you were saying now, instead of adding the text while making the image is what you are saying, I don't know, I'm not any expert by any stretch of the imagination, and was confused, lol, I like playing around though and am always willing to try anything ... well you know what I mean, lol

Tks for coming back with that info though Jeremy. That's super!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• Jeremy
                  Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

LOL .. Holly ..
                  Best regards,
                  Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Working...
                  X