• Show
Clear All
  • beebrothers
    Captain

• Dec 2006

Re: All problems solved! Pls. review!

bottom right on this page a picture doesnt show up

contact link on this page has no link

Your order form: think about making a BV form with a submit button, it would be a great addition, not sure the tutorial for that, someone here will chime in with it eventually..

looks great,

p.s. one seems to never be "finished"..lol
    http://www.beebrothers.org

Success is not a doorway. It is a staircase.

Comment

• Debi
      Captain

• Dec 2006

Whew! Thanks guys! OK, fixed the contact link...what happens to them? I worked before! LOL The "picture" that doesn't show up is actually the box for Photodex Presenter that somehow works w/ the flash. It shows there in IE, but is invisible in Firefox. (if you're talking about the small box at the bottom? It should actually show as a silver/gray box w/ a "loading" thing going on.
      Added the word "wedding" several times to bring it "up", as wedding photo slideshow gets me where I want to be, as DVD etc does NOT. Forgot a bit of that lesson mottoxxx! I'll likely get most of my business from weddings at these $$. Do I have the right idea now? Or am I still not getting it?
      BV Form a good idea. Explored that possibility earlier when Collectors-info brought it up. Had to reset my brain around thinking I was "done"! Yes, never "finished" is more like it!
      Debi
      DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

• larazovich
        General

• Jul 2006

The "picture" that doesn't show up is actually the box for Photodex Presenter that somehow works w/ the flash. It shows there in IE, but is invisible in Firefox. (if you're talking about the small box at the bottom? It should actually show as a silver/gray box w/ a "loading" thing going on.

Still isn't showing anything but a little x in a box - am using IE7
        Liz
        www.sebastopolparty.com
        www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

• Debi
          Captain

• Dec 2006

IE7 may be the difference. Is OK in IE6, and Firefox. What does the little red x mean, anyway? I've seen it occasionally. Is it a missing plugin? something to do w/ active x? Do you know? I've seen it in emails w/ photos that won't load.
          Debi
          DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

• Bethers
            Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

FYI -
            Yahoo has already found you:

Google and MSN will be right behind. Submitting to se's is not important - it's having links they can find to you that is.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Debi
              Captain

• Dec 2006

Hot D%&M !!! Thanks Bethers!!!! This is terrific!
              I cannot beleive I have really done this.
              But certainly not without alot of very gracious help!
              My thanks to you all!
              Debi
              DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

I like your concept, and you clear definition of purpose -- your straightforwardness, I guess you'd call it. Simplicity sells, and brevity begats retention.

You've had some great help on some of the finer points of SEO, logical "fixes" on many of technical elements (forms, etc.), but before you sign off, did anyone address the fact that your pages are not transitioning properly?
                1. Your header, Menu, tag line, and even your "centerpoint" are all registered differently on each page.
                You can see this yourself if you bring your browser to full screen, and by simply clicking through to each page in succession, you will see how not only do your most important elements shift in place, but your page actually moves independently as well....

This overall continuity is so very important to the "finished look" of your site, and contributes vastly to the visitor experience that it surely needs to be addressed......even before everything "works" properly, in my opinion!

This can be corrected easily, even though all your pages are "completed" (you don't have that many pages, really) by simply re-registering everything from your index page (if that is the most "perfect" page you decide to conform to) using the X-Y axis tool on the lower right of the BV broswer bar to precisely postion each element.

It is worth the couple of hours to make sure everything truly is "perfect" before you shift focus to the background maintenence routines.

Great follow-through, Debi!
                I remember answering one of your very first posts!
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Debi
                  Captain

• Dec 2006

thank you Vasili! Didn't even know X-Y axis tool existed....Jeez.
                  Will start on that today! Yet another learning curve!
                  Thank you also for the generous compliments on my site. After all this work, it helps to know I've gotten the basic idea right.
                  Debi
                  DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

• Debi
                    Captain

• Dec 2006

X-Y axis How do you use this thing, anyway????
                    Sorry. Blondie here.
                    Debi
                    DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Pretty simple.....you can figure it out by picking an object and clicking on it.
                      Now that it is "highlighted" the the first set of numbers in the X-Y axis (in the corner of the BV browser pane) will tell you exactly where the upper-left corner of that object is in relation to the page (X= how many spaces from the left margin, and y= how many lines down from the top). The second set of numbers refers to the right side positioning of the object.

I find it much easier (and quicker) to concentrate on the first set of numbers to register things....just highlight each object, write down the "set-point", and then move each subsequent page objects to match.....DONE!

As far as "centering" your page, if you are using the 800w model, sometimes it is helpful to merely set your viewable guideline to 400, and then "straddle" everything to this defined page center. (be sure you double check that your page properties are properly set to 800w -and "center in browser" is checked- before publishing!)

This is the old-fashioned way, before BV came out with the "clone" feature that makes things so much easier for folks....unfortunately, I still have too much graphic design leanings, and prefer to manipulate by hand! LOL

Comment

• Debi
                        Captain

• Dec 2006

Alrighty then. This is moved up to "next" on the list.... Sounds simple enough!
                        The goal is to make uniform the "fixed" items on the page.
                        Thank you, Vasili.
                        Debi
                        DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

• Bethers

• Feb 2006

I personally love the clone feature first - then the copy and paste (when used correctly from the icons) - then the axis - just for speed of doing these things. But I use the axis to align all the images on the page. Doing so by eye, there is usually a lot of mistakes, but seeing the numbers, you know they are on target.
                          Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                          SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Debi
                            Captain

• Dec 2006

Thanks! Good advice. I'm going to call it a night, and start again tommorro.
                            I need someone to say there comes a time that the word "finished" has meaning :) LOL
                            Debi
                            DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

• Bethers

• Feb 2006

Will never here me say a website is every finished.

It might be ready for business - but there will always be changes and work to be done.

Sorry :)
                              Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                              SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

*Ahem*

Since she already HAS made her pages (and has less than 1/2 dozen), cloning is not an option....as I pointed out. Doing simple re-positioning via the X-Y Tool is the only way to simplify things...without having to start from scratch.
                                Just trying to provide an immediate solution without adding any confusion..as was so transparent, right?? <KISS>

Next website, Debi will know the importance of registration, and most likely will include CLONE as an important regimen to page creation!

Comment

Working...
                                X