• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • onlinepianobar
    Sergeant

• Jan 2007

Re: Interactive Live Music Site

Hey guys...did some revamping..make things a bit simpler. Let me know if you think I'm on the right track. Thanks bunches!!

Comment

• larazovich
      General

• Jul 2006

Hi Kenyon
      enjoyed your site yesterday live, will be back.
      Looks like you're coming along with your site,good progress.
      Galleries are much tidier, like them.
      The font on the buttons is a bit hard to read.
      Will come back and more of a look later,
      Cheers
      Liz
      www.sebastopolparty.com
      www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

• Lincslady
        Brigadier General

• Jan 2006

Sorry Kenyon,

I just assumed you were already using the nav bar tool....well your doing great...when I first started I asked the forum ..."whats BV?" doh! lol

It maybe easier to start with a blank page...set your page properties (click on the link below to do this)...then right click on your blank page and set your background colours and font etc..then to add your content as you want them....easier than moving stuff and deleting as I think youve forgotten to delete some stuff at the bottom of your page :o)
        Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
        http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

• onlinepianobar
          Sergeant

• Jan 2007

Thanks.....yeah a couple of keyboard images were down there. I guess I have to decide which buttons open in a new window and which should not. I get comments from my customers and try to adjust accordingly. I do want to make navigation simple. A lot of my customers are older...not very computer literate (not like me.....ha!) Your tips are worth gold to me....thank you....thank you.....thank you.

............Kenyon

PS. Favorite song??

Comment

• Lincslady
            Brigadier General

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by onlinepianobar
            Thanks.....yeah a couple of keyboard images were down there. I guess I have to decide which buttons open in a new window and which should not. I get comments from my customers and try to adjust accordingly. I do want to make navigation simple. A lot of my customers are older...not very computer literate (not like me.....ha!) Your tips are worth gold to me....thank you....thank you.....thank you.

............Kenyon

PS. Favorite song??
            Your welcome .....oooh Favorite song ....well two have great memories for me ....That old Black Magic and a song called .."Its 5 o'clock somehwere Allen Jackson I think..reminds me of the good time I had when I was in the states...:o) so either of those would be fabulous...thank you so much.

How to Center your page

Comment

• Lincslady
              Brigadier General

• Jan 2006

Forgive me for going on here, but I think its worth it ..so here I go again

I still think you should get shot of those bright blues, reds and yellows, thier very hard on the eyes dazzling even, if most of your customers are older they will prefer more gentler colours toned down.. your best critiques are your customers why not ask them?...show them both your site and the sample and see which they find easier on the eyes or to navigate.

Also and its just my opinion, the focus of your site is that its a piano bar so I think there should be nothing else on your piano bar (home) page except the main things,
              1. Title banner
              2. The Piano bar video
              2. Navigation
              3. Welcome message
              4. Tip Jar
              5. Next session/bars ad

everything else can be put on other pages for people to browse then when they want to go back to the piano bar they just click "Piano bar"

Remember ...less is more ;o)

How to Center your page

Comment

• onlinepianobar
                Sergeant

• Jan 2007

Thanks again Linda....I had limited time today (just returned from setting up), so I wanted to reine as much as I could per everyone's suggestions. I value each and every comment...you all are very generous with your time and I do appreciate it. I will work on the colors tonight. I agree with you about just the piano bar essentials on the front page...good idea. That sets some parameters for my content....won't be as busy or abstract. I'll start with a blank page tonight and try to incorporate these ideas. Maybe I'll see you tonight. The picture quality will be less tonight and Friday......working on that also. Did you notice I made the Chat box bigger....maybe I'll be able to keep up w/converstions better. Old Black Magic for you tonight!! ......................Kenyon

Comment

• Lincslady
                  Brigadier General

• Jan 2006

Look forward to it :o)

How to Center your page

Comment

• onlinepianobar
                    Sergeant

• Jan 2007

Hey Guys......
                    I've been burning the late night oil revamping my site. I have to work in the wee hours because I'm online Streaming most nights. A great big , huge thank you to Lincslady....she has helped me tremendously. She has logged on during the show and her view from a "user" and "web guru" is just what I needed. The site looks less like a Warner Bros. Cartoon now, but I want you guys to have at it. What did I miss...what do I need? Remember that this is a bit different site....it's live and interactive and that really changes the way I look at this. It seems to be getting positve feedback from my online patrons...but it's still in the basic stages.
                    I could never have done this this without the confidence that the Blue Voda Community has given me. This is the best....thank you all so much!! Pleas log on during performance times and request a song...and chat with me while I'm playing/singing.

.Kenyon

www.onlinepianobar.com
                    www.kenyondye.com

Comment

• onlinepianobar
                      Sergeant

• Jan 2007

Sorry guys...I started another thread by mistake...how do I delete it?

Comment

• Bethers
                        Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Duplicate deleted as you requested.

Now, I don't know how I missed this thread up to now - but I LOVE YOUR SITE. I love piano bars - my favorite is in Chicago and I always go to it when I pass through - I will definitely come to your site for the "live" action one night.

I think this is a great idea.
                        Beth
                        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

• onlinepianobar
                          Sergeant

• Jan 2007

Thank You Bethers..the other thread was just a couple below this one. The site is a blast!! I'll be LIVE Tuesday starting at 6pm. I'm actually in my Home Studio tonight..if you come to the chat room and request a song, I'll play it for you live. Where else can you do that? Thanks again......Kenyon

www.onlinepianobar.com

Comment

• Dream Lady
                            Major General

• Feb 2006

Well, I to missed this earlier! Isn't Linda Great!! She is so helpful!

Love your site Kenyon! I'm going to try and make it to the live Tues night. Visited your site tonight and watched some of the pre-recorded video. Great Job and how fun this is!!
                            Cindy Smentowski

Comment

• Bethers
                              Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

The one song no one's ever been able to do for me at a piano bar is "You May be Right" by Billy Joel and it's not on your song list either :(

I'm going to try to come on and listen for a bit at 6 tomorrow - is that eastern time? You need to include the state in your location - and the time zone up where you have the times.
                              Beth
                              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                              SEO - The Basics

Comment

• onlinepianobar
                                Sergeant

• Jan 2007

Thanks Bethers.....fixed date/time. You may be right..Billy Joel...I think I have it in a book. I'll work it up for you. Oh sorry about the time: 5pm rather than 6pm....I forgot we changed it starting this week. Thank you much for the tips....keep 'em comin!!!

Kenyon

www.onlinepianobar.com
                                www.kenyondye.com

Comment

Working...
                                X