• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crouquet
    Sergeant Major

• Jan 2007

New Home Page

Hi everyone!
    After a lot of helpful comments and advice I have revamped ny home page. Problem now is that it looks like 2 different styles on the same site and my Les crouquets page is now redundant.

Before I make any more changes does anyone have any thoughts about which looks better? I was quite pleased with my original effort apart from the fact I thought it needed bigger and better photos.
    Would appreciate any comments! (Don't hold back -I have a thick skin!!)

Thanks again
    Elena
    Crouquet 99232298
    www.lescrouquets.net
  • crouquet
    Sergeant Major

• Jan 2007

Re: New Home Page - apologies

Sorry, I think I opened a new thread by mistake & should have posted this on the "website ready" thread. Hope I haven't done anything I shouldn't have - I'm new to all this forum stuff but will get used to it.
    How do you repost stuff to another thread?

Crouquet 99232298

Comment

• Lincslady
      Brigadier General

• Jan 2006

Re: New Home Page

Hi Elena,

Dont worry about it this time, ... your site looks great well done nothing much that I can suggest other than adding a "back button" to your pages would just make it easier when at the bottom of the page to click on a back button, thats it really....nice work..its clean, clear, classy nice clean colours, easy to read and navigate ..very very nice :o)
      Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
      http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

• fitank
        Corporal

• Jan 2007

Hi Elena

I love it - loads of content, colourful and easy to navigate. Great! I like the use of poetry extracts, personal photos and useful relevant information .You deserve to do well.

Best wishes
        Fiona

Comment

• Bethers
          Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Hi Elena - I know what you mean about the previous home page - but now this one has links and can get to the other pages.

How about making it the best of both worlds - keep the header and navigation buttons, but take a bunch of the pieces you had on the original home page and still use them? I liked those - and the home page doesn't have to have all the information on the Les crouquets page - so having both pages won't be bad.

I'd like to see the home page with some text, but to get back to the feel of the pictures in the boxes you had before and shorter.

I'm not sure if you're understanding what I'm saying - but you've done very well!

You didn't understand what I meant by page title, though - the title is what you enter in the page properties box - and appears in the blue line at the very top of your browser when the page is open. (You changed your page header.)
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Collectors-info
            General

• Feb 2006

Hi. Looks fresher than the old home page. Might be nice to put a faint boarder around the white area. Think your right on the images! You need some good ones, at least for the front page. The content is no problem, its more the fuzziness of the images.
            Could you not pop outside & take a few more or are you not in the area.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• crouquet
              Sergeant Major

• Jan 2007

Hi!
              Thanks again everyone for the helpful input!
              I am a bit concerned about the photos - trouble is it's not the right time of year for Summery looking ones. Trees are still bare, Wintery sun etc plus we're working here so it's not at it's absolute best right now (especially the pool). Had some neg comments about the pool pic so I've changed the front page again - must stop changing things otherwise I'll never finish the other jobs!!
              I still have to properly resize the photos so maybe that would help the fuzziness?
              I'm storing up all the suggestions and and comments to improve when I have the time.
              Thanks for the map idea Chris - I'll use that!

Elena
              Crouquet 99232298

Comment

• Collectors-info
                General

• Feb 2006

Hi, I pinched your site for an idea, just for a bit of testing

If you use this map or make one up from AardvarkMap.net, watch out for the Google & terms of use links on the map? They open in the frame. I found it better to mask these with a text box.
                Take a text box & delete the text, then place 1 full stop in the box. Stretch the box to the width of the iframe & about 20mm high to cover these image links, this will stop the mouse click working. If you look to the left of the Google logo, you can see the black dot. (Full stop).
                You will also be able to put any local attractions on this map & maybe even good places to stop if driving down from the UK.
                PS. Images on front page look a lot better, not sure on the pink’ish boarders, not quite as earthy/rural as the green.

You will soon be finished & won’t be beating your head on the screen anymore. lol
                Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• SChajin
                  Major General

• Jan 2006

I really love it...The colors are warm and wonderful, I wish you looks of luck
                  Sharon Chajin

Comment

• glenmike
                    Master Sergeant

• Aug 2006

Very classy. I wouldn't be worrying too much about the photos. If seasonal ambiance for the images is important, then take a breath and wait. Spring will soon be upon us. But then, what else can one do?

(:>)

Poppi
                    www.newmexicorides.com

Comment

• crouquet
                      Sergeant Major

• Jan 2007

Originally posted by Collectors-info
                      Hi, I pinched your site for an idea, just for a bit of testing

If you use this map or make one up from AardvarkMap.net, watch out for the Google & terms of use links on the map? They open in the frame. I found it better to mask these with a text box.
                      Take a text box & delete the text, then place 1 full stop in the box. Stretch the box to the width of the iframe & about 20mm high to cover these image links, this will stop the mouse click working. If you look to the left of the Google logo, you can see the black dot. (Full stop).
                      You will also be able to put any local attractions on this map & maybe even good places to stop if driving down from the UK.
                      PS. Images on front page look a lot better, not sure on the pink’ish boarders, not quite as earthy/rural as the green.

You will soon be finished & won’t be beating your head on the screen anymore. lol
                      Hi Chris!
                      I've been hiding away revamping and I'm just about to republish finished article! I'm trying to use your map suggestion and in spite of following the instructions just can't get it to work! Have gone directly to the aardvark site and can't get that to link either. Must be doing something silly - don't really know what I'm doing!- I've taken an HTML box and pasted the code - any chance you could tell me EXACTLY where it should go & what to do next? Sorry, I'm sure it's really easy, but.......
                      Thanks a lot for your patience!
                      Elena
                      Crouquet 99232298
                      www.lescrouquets.net

Comment

• Collectors-info
                        General

• Feb 2006

Hi, I take it you have managed to get the code you want from aardvark? (The iframe code) If so, place an html box on the page and make it 580 wide & 370 high. You don’t have to size these boxes but it helps to know the area of page it is taking up.
                        Right! Once the html box is on the page d/click on it & paste the code from aardvark into the pop up box. Press ok to save & preview & the map should show.???
                        I have popped that template in an email to you. When you save the attachment, save to the BV folder.
                        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Collectors-info
                          General

• Feb 2006

PS!
                          Just in case. lol
                          1. http://www.aardvarkmap.net/
                          2. Step 1 & click on Regional Quicklinks, Then select france from the next box & zoom in to where you like. Once happy with map & added some pins to the map if wanted Click on Click to go to step 2 - Adding Overlays

3. When at Step two, I just went to the next part Click to go to step 3 - Save Map & Get Code
                          4. When at step 4, check the box that says (Hide content overlay boxes) this will keep your map without the bits that will show if not ticked.
                          5. Now click at the bottom of the page to view map, if happy! Select the iframe code & pate into t6he html box.

Just post back if still not working.

Cheers.
                          Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• asirimarco
                            Brigadier General

• Jun 2006

I love your site - makes me want to jump on a plane and go -
                            did see one thing on your first page, first paragraph is gites a word - as in "look at our gites?" again beautiful site -
                            Ann
                            www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
                            www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
                            www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

• Collectors-info
                              General

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by asirimarco
                              I love your site - makes me want to jump on a plane and go -
                              did see one thing on your first page, first paragraph is gites a word - as in "look at our gites?" again beautiful site -
                              Technically speaking to be called a gîte the owner must live close by in order to provide help, assistance and a warm welcome to guests. Gîtes are generally old farmworkers cottages or converted outbuildings and barns within the proximity of the owners' principal residence. This type of holiday accommodation is sometimes regarded as 'basic' in terms of facilities, however most gîtes are generally very well kept and a growing number will have excellent facilities such as fully fitted kitchens, en-suite bathrooms, TV, DVD and access to a swimming pool or other sporting activities. The term gîte nowadays encompasses most forms of holiday cottage and even holiday flats or apartments.
                              Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                              X