www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
    www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

• crouquet
      Sergeant Major

• Jan 2007

Re: New Home Page

Originally posted by Collectors-info
      Hi, I take it you have managed to get the code you want from aardvark? (The iframe code) If so, place an html box on the page and make it 580 wide & 370 high. You don’t have to size these boxes but it helps to know the area of page it is taking up.
      Right! Once the html box is on the page d/click on it & paste the code from aardvark into the pop up box. Press ok to save & preview & the map should show.???
      I have popped that template in an email to you. When you save the attachment, save to the BV folder.
      Thanks Chris!

Got it all to work - I hadn't even thought to preview it (don't know why I didn't) so everything fell into place. Working on another one with attractions & landmarks etc so that's all been a great help!
      Was going to answer the question on "gites" but you did a great job for me - as usual!!
      Thanks again for your time & patience!
      Elena
      Crouquet 99232298
      www.lescrouquets.net

Comment

• Bethers
        Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Hi Elena,
        On the Les Crouquets page - you have something (like a box of blue sea) on the right side of the page - that you need to get rid of.

The sites looking great.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

• crouquet
          Sergeant Major

• Jan 2007

Thanks Beth!

I was struggling for a good pool pic ( we're renovating at the minute ) so the "blue sea" was a temporary measure! Temporary has a knack of becoming permanent though,unless someone gives you a nudge, so thanks for that! Have found something else to use in the meantime which I hope looks ok!
          Am also struggling to get lots of different keywords and phrases. Seems people don't use that many different things to search for a holiday in France!Is it ok to repeat the same things on each page as long as the words/phrases are in the text?

Thanks again for the helpful comments.
          Elena
          Crouquet 99232298
          www.lescrouquets.net

Comment

• Debi
            Captain

• Dec 2006

Elena,
            What a lovely site! Your color choices reflect the mood of the page, very nice. I wanted to click on the boxes on the right, "cottage sleeps.."etc., will you have photos linked to those boxes when complete?
            You might try linking some of your most important keywords together in short phrases i.e. "holiday,cottage,france" might also be "holiday cottage France". Because you shouldn't use too many keywords, you might choose to eliminate some of the less important words, like "animal", and concentrate your efforts on those that are most important. Try using www.widexl.com to help you with seeing how your keywords are working for you, and to be sure you haven't overdone it. The site does not help you decide which words to use, (as Bethers once wisely pointed out), but helps you to determine how your keywords, descriptions, etc. look to the crawlers, and rates according to % how relevent your words, phrases, & descriptions are. At the bottom of the page, are 3 columns; 1st showing single search words, 2nd two word phrases, and the 3rd showing 3 word phrases. Three word phrases are more specific, and someone who knows what they are looking for will likey use longer phrases in their search. The words you've determined are your most important, should show up there at the top of each list. Remember that the words need to be in your text.
            If I were looking to visit France, I would likely type in something specific like "France (or French) Vacations" and perhaps more specifically, "Southern France vacation(s)", "secluded French vacation", (we in the US tend to use "vacation" rather than "holiday" so maybe you could work in both variations?) etc., rather than "France" because the word France is too general and will give me more sites to pick thru than I want. Make sense at all? The idea is to make the best use of the limited amount of keywords that are available to you to use.
            I had very good luck with advice I got from motoxxx on this forum with regard to SEO. My site was picked up on Yahoo and MSN in short order, (still waiting for Google!), thanks to the advice of folks here like motoxxx and Bethers.
            I hope this helps!
            Debi
            Debi
            DBoucher-Photography.com

Comment

• crouquet
              Sergeant Major

• Jan 2007

Thanks Debi!

I've honed the keywords, adapted the page names and am now just about to submit to search engines. Hope it all comes together eventually!
              Hadn't thought of linking the boxes on the side to photos - I'll certainly put it on the list of things to do when I get my new photos done. Roll on Spring!
              Thanks again for the help!
              Elena
              Crouquet 99232298
              www.lescrouquets.net

Comment

• nightvission
                Sergeant

• Jan 2006

What tab to i go to in order to find if any of my threads were answered

Comment

• crouquet
                  Sergeant Major

• Jan 2007

PS!
                  Just in case. lol
                  1. http://www.aardvarkmap.net/
                  2. Step 1 & click on Regional Quicklinks, Then select france from the next box & zoom in to where you like. Once happy with map & added some pins to the map if wanted Click on Click to go to step 2 - Adding Overlays

3. When at Step two, I just went to the next part Click to go to step 3 - Save Map & Get Code
                  4. When at step 4, check the box that says (Hide content overlay boxes) this will keep your map without the bits that will show if not ticked.
                  5. Now click at the bottom of the page to view map, if happy! Select the iframe code & pate into t6he html box.

Just post back if still not working.

Cheers.

Hi Chris! Just a quick question - is there a way to colour the icons on the map? I want to highlight our property but I can't see any way to do it on the map site.
                  Thanks a lot!
                  Elena
                  99232298 Crouquet
                  www.lescrouquets.net

Comment

• Collectors-info
                    General

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by crouquet
                    Hi Chris! Just a quick question - is there a way to colour the icons on the map? I want to highlight our property but I can't see any way to do it on the map site.
                    Thanks a lot!
                    Elena
                    99232298 Crouquet
                    www.lescrouquets.net
                    Hi, I tried lots of things to see if I could do this, as I wanted to map a route with attractions with different flags & couldn’t do it. I am sure it will come. This type of map service is still at an early stage with Google, & still seems to be at a testing stage for web designers. Don’t worry it is safe, but just waiting for more impute.
                    Aardvark’s Step 2 might be of use to you? If you want a static map image & the colored pointers let me know & I will send them. You could link the pointers with a pop up that give you details. But you wouldn’t have the facility of the moving map.

PS. The sites coming on well.
                    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• crouquet
                      Sergeant Major

• Jan 2007

Hi, I tried lots of things to see if I could do this, as I wanted to map a route with attractions with different flags & couldn’t do it. I am sure it will come. This type of map service is still at an early stage with Google, & still seems to be at a testing stage for web designers. Don’t worry it is safe, but just waiting for more impute.
                      Aardvark’s Step 2 might be of use to you? If you want a static map image & the colored pointers let me know & I will send them. You could link the pointers with a pop up that give you details. But you wouldn’t have the facility of the moving map.

PS. The sites coming on well.
                      Thanks Chris,
                      I'll just have to wait I suppose! It just would make a lot more sense to see where we were in relation to the attractions - I don't think the static map would fit all of the attractions in, but if you don't mind sending it I'll have a look. Thanks again!
                      Elena
                      99232298 Crouquet
                      www.lescrouquets.net

Comment

• j0sh710
                        First Sergeant

• Feb 2006

i like that a lot. I mean just in case you didn't know from my avatar i am skateboarder and i am more into the dark colors but for some reason i like it a lot i mean i amlost want to go to this place. I mean heck my frech class is going to take a trip somewhere in frace and i want to go there :)
                        http://www.rampshack.com
                        Sliced/Coded/Manged
                        Check me out in the gallery look for Josh!

Comment

• SChajin
                          Major General

• Jan 2006

Hi Elena,

Your site looks great, let me know if you would like to show your site on my site. The travel accessories page is going E-Commerce so pay no mind to it.

www.thebarefoottraveler.com
                          Sharon Chajin

Comment

• choco777
                            Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

You already have alot of great knowledgeable people helping, so will just say I really like your site,colors,layout the works, hope you have great luck with it.
                            Choco777
                            www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

• crouquet
                              Sergeant Major

• Jan 2007

Originally posted by SChajin
                              Hi Elena,

Your site looks great, let me know if you would like to show your site on my site. The travel accessories page is going E-Commerce so pay no mind to it.

www.thebarefoottraveler.com
                              Hi Sharon,
                              Thank you! Yes, we would like to be shown on your site - we'd obviously be happy to give you a link on ours too! Just let me know if you'd like that.
                              Elena
                              Crouquet 99232298
                              www.lescrouquets.net

Comment

• Jimmac
                                Sergeant

• Feb 2007

Nice very relaxing not over powering at all. Good job!

Comment

Working...
                                X