Not finished, but take a peek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not finished, but take a peek

Ok my website his creating by me, Kyle Sobus(14 years old), Dan Sobus's son.My Website is still missing tons of neighborhood links and the map link, also missing recreation links, except for the golf ones. Any suggestions not about the links, but anything else would be great.
    www.dansobus.com

Re: Not finished, but take a peek

Hi kasobus

I think I would resize your pics with pix resizer, they are a little large kb size, if you lower them to about 15 kbs or so, your images will load quicker, you'll still have the same physical size. Pix resizer is a free tool offered right here at voda ...

I really like your colour scheme ...

beatiful - typo on the front page ...

This is one of many of the beatiful historic places in South Carolina. Downtown Charleston is historic yet still beautiful, Safe, and an amazing college campus

Maybe change this to - A view of the beautiful and historic downtown Charleston, where you will find the amazing College of ____________.

I'd consider re-arranging the license plate to a new position, maybe in your header or on the area in your left nav bar ... it seems kind of our of place there .... just my opinion though .....

It's looking very nice, alot of links to get working, you'll be busy ... :)

Set your targets in your properties to _blank - on those links that go off of your own site, this way people viewing will not lose your site when clicking a link that leaves your site.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for checking it out. I'm definately trying to move the license plate, i totally agree. I'm searching for a place to put it. I am also going to do that pix resizing thing. Also i should have all of the neighbor hood links done by monday.

Thanks again,
      Kasobus

Comment

aye Dan and i would like to say this i am a south carolinian myself raised in north charleston all my life, until i moved to charleston west virginia 7 yrs ago. sadly i miss the old cooper river bridges. my parents are still there bound to never leave lol , but i am so happy to see a fellow south carolinian using bluevoda you will love it and my friend you will recieve a lot of feedback some good, some bad, but they are well worth listening to especially ladyeye, bethers, vasili, and all the other ancient ones with 1000 post or more lol. just kidding yawl no offense in "ancient ones" lol.

but i do agree with ladyeye on some things but not resizing the new cooper river bridge but your text next to it the best is slightly hiding behind the photo other than that looks good.

oh if you redo anything don't start another topic gets under Vasili's skin on double posting use same post if at all possible lol
        "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Hey,

It is nice to see other people from south carolina using blue voda, considering i have personally never seen many people using anything on the internet in SC. Well the picture at the top i am trying to fix, the whole top just isn't appealing i think, i plan to get a much better photo for the top. Thanks for checking it out though. Also one thing about SC i love, the radio stations, they are hilarious, they say whatever comes to there mind. Also please note this is Dan's son Kyle, my Dad frankly is computer illiterate. I'm always on though so nice meeting you.

Comment

Originally posted by naghosthunter
            you will love it and my friend you will recieve a lot of feedback some good, some bad, but they are well worth listening to especially ladyeye, bethers, vasili, and all the other ancient ones with 1000 post or more lol. just kidding yawl no offense in "ancient ones" lol.

oh if you redo anything don't start another topic gets under Vasili's skin on double posting use same post if at all possible lol
            Jim is very correct in letting you know that we are all here to help you learn to use Blue Voda, to refine your designs, and to generally contribute to your progress! We truly are a peer-to-peer based Community, and we all started in the exact same place!

Don't be afraid to ask questions, or to stand your ground when you are trying to make your vision come to light. It's all part of the process....

Welcome to VodaLand, Kyle! Looking forward to working with you!

And Jim is only half right: it does kind of get my attention if you create thread after thread, but I'll not chomp your head off! Well....at least not on Wednesdays!!!!

LOL !!!
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Kyle! Wow, I think you have done a great job with your Dad's website! I too, love your color scheme. Your home page opened up very quickly for me. I look forward to viewing your finished site!
              Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Hi!

I think the website looks good. My only point would be about the quality of some of your images. I you attend to that, you site will look very professional indeed.

Great job!

Jolie
                http://www.eecalc.com

Comment

I think you are off to a good start, listen to all of the above and you can't go wrong.
                  Sharon Chajin

Comment

heres an intro for you to look at dan or kyle

http://www.naghosthunters.com/low/intro/index.html

jim
                    "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

You've done a nice job on the intro Jim, very nice of you ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                      02036089024 / United Kingdom
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Nice Job on the web site Kyle.

Nice Job on the into Jim your getting to be a Pro at those :)

Both of you keep up the good work.

Jolen
                        www.advertise.windameer.com - Add a Banner for your site or sites for free.

www.windameersfleamarket4u.com - Buy Sell Trade with Windameer's Flea Market 4U ( 1 Year Free for BV sites)

www.windameer.com - Come see our Angora Goats.

Comment

Working...
                        X