My Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Website

Please have a look and tell me what you think.

www.cashflow4life.org

Cheers
    Brian

Re: My Website

Lot of work Brian,
    Somethings to look at again:
    -The beach photo is nice, but seems that you have sized it by pulling on the corners. Looks "flatten". Use PixResizer to correct.
    -The navigation links steer users away from your pages, consider changing the link so that it opens a new page, _blank in the Hyperlink window.
    -Bottom half is slightly off center. Combination of page width and layout. Balance it my moving the text and image of the SFI woman to the left.
    -You've included contact info: Brian Sheppard but added "N/A" remove this or change to info@yourdomain.com else you lose credibility.

Good luck.
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

I agree with Bill. I also found that my eyes were darting around your site trying to figure out what it was all about. It seemed a bit disjointed to me.
      The logo in the upper right of the page doesn't look like it belongs to your site at all.
      Affordable Medical Insurance
      Discount Dental Plan
      Washington State Health Insurance
      Temporary Health Insurance
      Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

Hello Bill
        Thanks for your help, i have changed it a little, but where do i find pixresizer.

Cheers
        Bryski

Comment

I agree with Bill. I also found that my eyes were darting around your site trying to figure out what it was all about. It seemed a bit disjointed to me.
          The logo in the upper right of the page doesn't look like it belongs to your site at all. On the upper left you have what appears to be a link with an underline and blue text but it isn't a link. This is also confusing to users. People are used to seeing blue text with an underline as something that will take them to something else.....

Just my two cents worth..
          Discount Dental Plan

Comment

Here is Pix Resizer. Very simple and much used tool!

Pix Resizer
            Discount Dental Plan

Comment

Hello again
              I have changed my links as suggested and tried to centralize things a little better. The logo is there as it is the products i hope to sell. As for my photo, not really sure how to do it yet. What do you think now. Thanks for your previous comments.
              Cheers
              Bryski

Comment

Hello Again
                Could somebody please advize on the width and height i should set my webpage.

Cheers
                Bryski

Comment

Its ok i've done it

Thanks
                  Bryski

Comment

This is a good one my friend.
                    informationthat

Comment

Hi Brian: Your home page looks good. You still need to center it. I would use 800 as your width as that is what most computers will see as centered.

I think the transition to your product pages works fairly well. You can hardly tell you are actually going to another website. I just have a couple of recommendations. I would try and match the nav buttons on your bv page to those on your other website in order to make it look more consistent. Here is the link to Navals thread on how to make custom buttons. I think it may help. http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...s-nav-bar.html

I would also try and find the same font for the text if possible. May also want to look at your page title and keywords to be sure search engines can find you better.

I agree with Bill in that I would have your link to your other website open a new window, however, at the same time, I don't think it is that critical since you only have 1 other page on your site (bv webbuilder) that doesn't go to your affiliate site. I think that's up to you.

Great job!!
                      Cindy
                      Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Working...
                      X